Submission Text Full Submission Page
Leo trained all his life for this. Today, he will embark in a grand adventure to collect myrrh and protect his village. But the powerful Lilty has something else in mind. Time must not be wasted, and it's the entire world he vows to deliver. His quest will be short, but efficient.
  • Video coming soon
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a rpg created by Square Enix where you control a caravan and its members, and travel in a hostile world with dungeons and monsters. You collect drops of myrrh to protect your village, and go on a quest to find and destroy the source of the miasma that corrupts the world.

Sync Instructions

It's necessary to provide the game with a formatted memory card before being able to play the movie file.
  1. Set up a memory card in the Dolphin settings;
  2. Launch the game;
  3. When this screen appears, select the upper option twice and press X key;
  4. Now the movie file can be played.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Dolphin 5.0
  • Complete the game as fast as possible
  • Don't use any glitch

Comments

When I started this TAS, it was because I discovered a new trick that makes me able to manipulate events to get the items I need. But unfortunately, I noted early on that it wasn't worth. Nonetheless, I had created a route using the Lilty class, wich has 1 more strength at start than the Selkie (used in the previous TAS). It proved to be very effective, and, saving time almost everywhere, this new run saves 50 seconds over the previous submission.
As always, Japanese version of the game is used more than ever because food boosts are kept between dungeons (for a certain time).
The route is very similar than the previous TAS, main differences being related to the 1 strength difference. Per example, I eat more meat to get better stats (wich is why my father is a rancher). I also can skip some chest artifacts that I don't need anymore since I have enough strength. Adding to this, this TAS is simply BETTER. I improved a lot, and it shows with small optimisations here and there, some new techniques I discovered on the fly like using the monsters on the traps in Veo Lu Sluice, and bigger rng manipulated (shown mostly at the end of Kilanda).

Timesave?

Even if it's close to be, it's never perfect. Manipulating rng costs frames, and it might always be possible to save some here and there. Still, RNG is way better in this TAS than the precedent. Also, Meteor Parasite is such a hard boss I can't imagine there's no way to make it faster. But the way I did took me a really long time and I did my best, I'm not even sure I would be able to redo it as fast if I try.

Special thanks

• Leossier, my best friend, always there for me, and the protagonist of this TAS
  • The speedrunning community of FFCC. I have the chance to have found the Discord channel and talked to a lot of nice people. Hello to all of them
  • The TAS community, wich is the reason this beautiful video can be made and published for others to see in the first place (a classic thank you)
Enjoy the movie everyone! :)
Unfortunately, the dtm file has a desync, wich kills the run. But before I cancel, I want to thank ThunderAxe for his help. If I redo the TAS someday, it's probably because of him. I'm sorry everyone

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6410: Wobmiar's GC Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles in 1:37:34.03
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
It seems that the temp encode is not ready yet, but in the meantime you can watch the first 4 wip segments here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH9kz_rph6lIg-39g1RTn4ECfV750zaY-
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
Ok so I have a problem: it desyncs. It happens just after year 3 starts, my character is one frame "early" at the start of Mushroom Forest. I'll try to see if I can correct it with the DTM editor... EDIT: I don't seem to know how to use the DTM editor correctly... I'm... Sad... There is a desync for no reason... If someone finds the problem it would be very appreciated EDIT2: Yeah it seems the only problem is 1 frame. If I could repair it... I'm trying hard, sorry, don't know how to properly edit dtm files
I like colors
If do you need to just to remove or add a blank frame, I could do it for you. Tell me at which frame you need the edit.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
Could you try to put the blank frame at frame 53300? I just hope it works. Thank you very much
I like colors
There. *removed* (read below) Please tell me if it works, as I can't play it back myself right now. However, I will proceed with the replacement after getting confirm from a staff member (or by checking it myself...). Edit: sorry, I forgot to adjust the framecount. Please download it again: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/55705319563943157
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
It seems it changed absolutely nothing. Can we chat on Discord? Might be better ^^
I like colors
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Unfortunately if you kept TASing after the desync point, there is a high chance that fixing it will cause another desync later. But I will also check tomorrow if it's not solved inbetween since I already have the game and Dolphin set up.
I've talked with Wobmiar in chat. While the submitted movie does desync shortly after frame 53300, the fixed movie that I provided desyncs approximately at frame 9631. I have no clue how that is possible, as I'm 100% sure my edit is just adding a blank frame at 53300 with a hex editor (hex data of the input frame: 00 00 00 00 80 80 80 80), as well as incrementing the framecount in the dtm header in order to reflect the addition of this frame. Wobmiar also tried to perform the same fix, but by using the dtm movie editor, just for getting the same outcome: desync around frame 9631. There is something weird about all this. Is there a Dolphin sage that could help? Edit: I've tried adjusting the tickcount in the header. Try the new file: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/55708431750141114 Edit 2: Try these ones: 4th attempt: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/55708778043993126 5th attempt: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/55708818161432531
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
GJTASer2018
He/Him
Welp, maybe itsPersonnal will buy you a drink, Wobmiar, considering what happened with her Metroid Prime submission...
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...