(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello to all fans Sunset Riders and speedruns! Present to you my TAS on the Genesis platform!
This is 1 player mode! Played for Billy Cool!
Low, lowscore, no coins, no items, pacifist (only bosses killed)!
Thank you all for watching! Hope you enjoyed it!

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: Thank you for un-cancelling this submission, so that I can now properly give a verdict.
This movie, like the other two that you submitted, doesn't count as fastest-completion nor full-completion, so it could be accepted only if the audience considers it entertaining. For the other two submissions, it was so obvious to me that I didn't need to ask for further reception from the community. Instead, for this submission, I wasn't 100% sure, so I made a temp encode in order to make it easier for the people to watch the movie. The result was negative: few people were interested, and they gave mediocre votes in the submission thread.
Rejecting for low entertaining.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6416: Juarez's Genesis Sunset Riders "low%, pacifist" in 10:31.86
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Not a bad attempt at all, but it's a bit too plain for me. I noticed later on that you can use the slide to catch back up to the edge of the screen and keep it scrolling, so I feel like you could take advantage of that and play around with dodging enemies and bullets a lot more. I love alternate goals, but I gotta vote Meh on this.
Previous Name: boct1584
Post subject: temp encode - please vote.
Judge, Skilled player (1279)
While I didn't find this movie entertaining, I have to acknowledge that the pacifist goal is relatively popular for many games, especially Contra, which has some similitudes with Sunset Riders. So I feel that I should at least give a change to this submission. In order to get more audience response, I made a temp encode: Link to video
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I found it very boring, I don't think this goal introduces any fundamentally unique gameplay compared to regular TAS.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
What is Temp Encode?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!
Juarez wrote:
What is Temp Encode?
It's a temporary video encode of TAS movie, uploaded on an online video hosting service like YouTube. It's useful because it allows forum users to watch your submitted movie without having to play it back on emulator. This makes it much more likely to get more opinions and thought about a submission, which often helps with the judging process.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
All my TASvideos are almost a month uploaded to Youtube! Need links?
You should have put the links when you submitted your movies... Now it's not necessary anymore. Remember for next time you submit a movie.
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
Crap, now only 2 players TAS can be submited, 1 player TAS can no longer be submited?
Post subject: Re: #6416: Juarez's Genesis Sunset Riders "low%, pacifist" in 10:31.86
Player (26)
Personally I think a pacifist run of this game is appropriate, not to mention very funny. I like how in several stages (like #2) you have half a dozen enemies ineffectually chasing you, and you get to dodge between all the bullets. So yes vote. However I should point out that in terms of entertainment, the SNES version is probably superior (since it has more levels). Or the arcade original, of course.
Player (26)
Juarez wrote:
Crap, now only 2 players TAS can be submited, 1 player TAS can no longer be submited?
I don't think that's what Thunderaxe meant, no. As I understand it, "1 player fastest" is too similar to "2 player fastest" to publish both, but that doesn't mean that "1 player pacifist" is also too similar to "2 player fastest".
Post subject: Re: #6416: Juarez's Genesis Sunset Riders "low%, pacifist" in 10:31.86
Player (26)
Radiant wrote:
So yes vote. However I should point out that in terms of entertainment, the SNES version is probably superior (since it has more levels). Or the arcade original, of course.
Turns out we do have a pacifist submission for the arcade original.