Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is the second luigi Super Mario bros 2 (USA) TAS Since 2004. I improved Bisqwit's published [1280] NES Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA PRG0) "warps, luigi only" by bisqwit in 11:36.25 by 10549 frames.
Super Mario Bros. 2 is a platform game That has 4 characters. (Mario is normal in this game.) (Luigi can jump high to get to high places.) (Toad can run faster Especially when you carry enemies.) (Peach can float to get to a wide distance.)
Objectives
* Emulator FCEUX 2.2.3
* Aims for the fastest time
* Takes damage to save time
* Manipulate luck

Maru: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
You did not finish the game. The pause at the end was me getting confused, and while not shown in the encode, I had to manually enter the door in the end in order to actually finish the game. Beating the final boss doesn't mean you beat the game. I'm not a judge or whatever, but please provide a movie file where you actually finish the game. Thank you. Edit: Video has been removed because a video was added to the new submission text.
Post subject: No problem I'm getting it done
Player (80)
Fencypo wrote:
I'll edit this post with an encode in about 20 minutes as of posting this. (It's encoding right now in VDub.) You did not finish the game. The pause at the end was me getting confused, and while not shown in the encode, I had to manually enter the door in the end in order to actually finish the game. Beating the final boss doesn't mean you beat the game. I'm not a judge or whatever, but please provide a movie file where you actually finish the game. Thank you.
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
I looked at the run more closely, and I noticed a couple optimization issues. Note that I have no experience at all with this game. The timestamps are from the encode I provided. 0:20 - you jump on a Shy Guy which slowed you down. 2:00 - Again, but on black things don't know what they're called. 3:22 - Again. Twice. 4:06 - Again, but I can imagine that this one might be harder to avoid jumping on. 4:40 - You got hit here. I don't know if this is slower to avoid or not, but still a notable thing. 7:07 - Couldn't you have jumped in order to fall down the hole faster? And also potentially have more speed while already moving to the right. 7:50 - Same here, you MIGHT have been able to jump down, assuming there's no ceiling above you. This would have saved time as well. About 0:20. I quickly checked if I could avoid the Shy Guy by editing your movie, and it was very easy to to do. I got past the log 1 frame faster. Note: I have never touched this game or tried to TAS with FCEUX, but I was still able to improve this by one frame -- I don't know if that frame persists until the end, but I would assume so. About the branch, I don't know how fitting this is. I feel like Luigi is no different from Mario (yes, I know Luigi jumps higher), and Bisqwit's TAS was obsoleted with the branch "Warps". Peach (or princess) has her own branch because she isn't being used in the normal Warps (and Warpless!) run at all, while all other characters are. Following this tradition, the Branch "Luigi only" feels arbitrary to me. Optimization is bad, I'm not a fan of the Branch either. No vote. NOTE: BEFORE YOU REPLY AGAIN, DO NOT REPLY USING SUBJECT. When you press on "Quote", type your message BELOW THE QUOTE in the big message box. Otherwise people will be confused:
EZGames69 wrote:
[11:01 PM] Colin (EZGames69): @Olivia Meows he didn’t even finish his reply to you
As was seen here.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!