Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello to all fans Doom Troopers and speedruns!
Present to you my TAS on the Genesis platform!
Thank you all for watching! Hope you enjoyed it! Waiting for your ratings!

Maru: Although this was seemingly a decent effort, the optimization is not up to par with our site standards. Ample details were provided in the submission thread. I do recommend considering the suggestions that other TASers have given you when you are working on future TASes, especially ones that involve two players. This TAS will have to be rejected, but I encourage you to put in the effort to make a faster submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6503: Juarez's Genesis Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles in 06:44.25
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
Apologies for being picky about this but what does doing 2 players add to the gameplay that 1 player wouldn’t do? Gameplay seems to be identical to when I first attempted this awhile back. Also one thing I learned when doing the game is to never shoot when you’re on the ground, because you start to slow down when you do that, I noticed in the first level you shot an enemy with the 2nd player and immediately the screen started to slow down. The other thing is why was this on gens? I can understand using gens for Sunset Riders because for whatever reason, the game on bizhawk wouldnt let me play as 2 players, but here I dont really see a reason for it. I mostly have these questions because you left the submission text almost empty. Use that area to explain the run as much as you think is needed.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
EZGames69, Why 2 player mode? Because there are situations when a lot of enemies so player 1 will stick around to pass on and 2 players is much more interesting to watch anyway for me! Why should I use Bizhawk? I just like working at Gens! Where is your attempt awhile back? I want see it!
EZGames69
He/They
My attempt was nothing more than just seeing how the game worked. I never got past the first level because I wasn’t interested in continuing it. However I do know that shooting on the ground causes the player to slow down, so shooting after jumping would be the more optimized way. Bizhawk is more accurate than gens and features TAStudio, which is probably the best tool for 2player tases.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Player (96)
If you would make topic about this game, or if you would make any research, you would probably didn't miss some well known shortcuts. From top of my head: 1) Mercury first part there is hidden room. (2:08 fall down) I'm not sure is it faster or not. 2) Mercury second part at first electro door on the left side, you can climb higher (straight up to 2:35 time), also IIRC you can skip more after. 3) Cybertox second part you may climb higher at right side (5:45). Regarding 2p choice: I think you also can kill boss faster with 2p, but I'm not sure. Nice bosses rng, well done.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
r57shell wrote:
If you would make topic about this game, or if you would make any research, you would probably didn't miss some well known shortcuts.
The topic is here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16488
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
r57shell, My mistake. These 3 tricks allowed to cut about 11 seconds! Awesome! I'll make TAS with new tricks! What is rng?
Player (96)
r57shell wrote:
also IIRC you can skip more after.
Checked that part. It's second electric door, you may skip some more. Idk is it faster.
Juarez wrote:
What is rng?
RNG is Random Number Generator.
EZGames69
He/They
I've saved 91 frames of this game from the first 3 levels alone: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/57837876123405795 stuff that was improved on was better jumping optimization, it's best to press b about 2 frames after pressing c as your jump wont slow down as much. I've also found that you slowed down a few times to avoid enemies when you could very easily shoot them, such as around frame 2320. also when jumping to grab a ledge, you want to jump for the shortest amount of time you can so you dont waste time trying to fall. at the end of level 3, you duck for a bit to avoid an enemy's projectiles, but I found that if you delay the screen a bit, you can make it so you hit that enemy before you can shoot him again. this wip syncs all the way to the end, the only differences are what I changed in level 1-3, everything else is Juarez's inputs, which work on bizhawk.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry