(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello to all fans Doom Troopers and speedruns!
Present to you my new TAS of this game on the Genesis platform!
This TAS was 34 seconds faster than my previous attempt #6503: Juarez's Genesis Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles in 06:44.25!
I killed second boss in one session and used new tricks!
Thank you all for watching! Hope you enjoyed it! Waiting for your ratings!
P.S. Special thanks to r57shell!

Maru: Judging.
Maru: While this is a considerable improvement over your previous effort, this is still not quite at the standard of optimization that we typically accept. Details are provided in the thread. Please take our advice seriously and consider switching to BizHawk and using TAStudio for 2 player TASes. It may work better for you and help you make better movies. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Looks quite nice, voting Yes. Just unsure if the shots at the final boss are missing, if that's intentional.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
How does the first 2 levels compare to the wip i gave you? Also I can probably get this movie to sync on bizhawk if you want, I was able to get it to work last time.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Player (96)
Much better now. The only thing in my mind is: do you really need all this weapon in the last stage?
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Thanks for improvements. Yes vote!
EZGames69
He/They
just doing the first few levels and there is still some issues with optimization. I saved 41 frames up until the 2nd boss (this WIP doesnt play that boss because of a desync) http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/57970898848009883 one of the things I dont understand is how you started off your 3rd stage (after the boss). in the previous movie you took this route: https://youtu.be/SvD4clnBfeY?t=118 this is actually faster than the route you took here: https://youtu.be/KgIiNy8uxAg?t=118 notice how at the end of the new movie, you hit a wall and slow down. I am not sure why you took this route as the previous method you did was just fine.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
feos, Where shots at the final boss are missing?
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
r57shell, 6 shots in cross, 20 shots in boss
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
XTREMAL93, Thanks!
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
EZGames69, In the first version I had to climb the object, in the second version is freely jumped on the object. You saved 41 frames up until the 2nd boss - in what places exactly? How you saved if you don't used the warps?
EZGames69
He/They
I did use warps. I used your inputs and put them into bizhawk, then I made edits to make movement faster. Also I linked YouTube timecodes for one area I saved time in. Please run the movie file in bizhawk 2.3.1 to watch it if you can. If someone wants to provide a comparison encode too that would be nice.
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
EZGames69, Sorry, man! My mistake. I saw old file. Why you don't edit full movie?
EZGames69
He/They
Ive already mentioned why, I got different rng on the 2nd boss, and I didn’t feel like trying to get it to work again.
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
EZGames69, What is required of me? New TAS? I do not want and will not do TAS for this game again.
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
Juarez wrote:
What is required of me? New TAS? I do not want and will not do TAS for this game again.
You're free to do what you want, TASing should be done for fun. But there are no guarantees that this submission will get accepted, unless someone uploads an improved movie that syncs.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Player (96)
Juarez wrote:
r57shell, 6 shots in cross, 20 shots in boss
It doesn't tell me anything. I don't know damage of weapons, their properties. Also I don't know boss hp, and so on.
EZGames69
He/They
http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/58015889242940241 here's a change in the movie file that syncs to the end, it only includes the improvements done in the first 3 non boss stages, the stage before the 2nd boss was unchanged, as I believe rng changes in that stage. so it's only 18 frames improvement. (discounting 5 frames difference in emulation)
Juarez
He/Him
Player (182)
r57shell, 1 shot of power-up weapon is over 2 shots of default weapon
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!