(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This TAS completes the minigame "Puzzle Pick-Up" from the game Wii Party, in which three puzzle pieces are displayed at the top of the screen, and you must search through a sea of jumbled pieces to find one that fits with a piece displayed at the top. This TAS goes for speed, which also means a high score.
Emulator used: Dolphin 5.0-10908

Comments

Puzzle Pick-Up is not humanly possible to "complete" with a single player, and more than likely impossible even with 4 players. The developers never intended for anyone to match all puzzle pieces (one reason this is believed, is the in-game timer still counts down once "Finish" appears, unlike most other minigames, in which the timer stops.). This TAS shows not only that all pieces can be picked up, but they can be picked up by one player, and even with 6 seconds still remaining on the clock. Score wise, a 39 is the best possible score (always the same amount of 1 point and 2 point pieces), but in regards to time, the minigame could be completed a bit faster with the use of multiple players.

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Submissions are only for finished movies. If you just want to share a file, use the Userfiles.
Rejected for not beating the game. Make sure you understand our Movie Rules.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Banned User, Player (89)
This minigame doesn't beat the game, No vote!
Cuphead TASes desyncs unfortunately.
Post subject: Re: #6522: Wipeoutjack7's Wii Wii Party "Puzzle Pick-Up Minigame" in 01:16.52
Player (26)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
in regards to time, the minigame could be completed a bit faster with the use of multiple players.
Then why not do that?
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
I was hoping for.... something else when I saw the game name. Like solo mode. Not a single minigame. No vote.
Post subject: Re: #6522: Wipeoutjack7's Wii Wii Party "Puzzle Pick-Up Minigame" in 01:16.52
InputEvelution
She/Her
Editor, Player (13)
Radiant wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
in regards to time, the minigame could be completed a bit faster with the use of multiple players.
Then why not do that?
This only saves time on the minigame within the context of the minigame itself. The extra time it takes to select a second player is not made up for by the frames it saves.
Active player (372)
I like how everyone was happy that you got all the pieces. :) Quick and fun. If it qualifies for publication, I vote yes. Unfortunately, I don't know if single minigames can be published.
CrazyTerabyte
He/Him
There is very little interaction in this (mini)game: wait for the game to allow input (takes seconds); warp the pointer to the desired place, click-drag, warp to destination (takes milliseconds); rinse repeat. Not sure if this qualifies according to the movie rules, also because this mini-game is essentially a simplified jigsaw puzzle, which can be considered a board game, and board games are usually not accepted. Yes, there is super-human play in the TAS, but I did not find it interesting. Sidenote/off-topic: A game with a similar mechanic (jigsaw puzzle), but more interesting and longer is SNES Pieces. I wonder if that would be an interesting TAS to watch.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
It's a single minigame where all are available at the same time, this isn't no Point Blank where you had to unlock stuff (then again, the first two had exclusive story modes). Doesn't really have any entertainment to give for a single minigame, so I won't vote. Just an odd choice that the entire set wasn't done. This is more of a userfile movie to me than a submission.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!