Submission Text Full Submission Page
How 0 Rerecords was archived?
Easy as piece of cake, i played this game everyday since 2012 trying every possible fastest solutions I could and wrote these routes on my notepad, I finished writing entire route in 11/10/2019 and immediately started to TAS on it knowing exactly the framerule on where the 2 boxes input starts, when the "1" disappears when countdown stops and cutscene Stage Clear Skip framerule.
Are People wanting to know why would I want to submit a TAS with 0 rerecords?
Yes, there are they unfortunately.
If people beat this TAS, what would happen?
Then TheWinslinator will still hold the record and when the framewar ends, the people will end up with a lot of unnecessary rerecords for a puzzle that's mostly caused without writing a route.
Why unknown rerecords?
That's because the bug that TASVideos says unknown rerecords but it only regonizes as 0 rerecords on userfile.

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
Bluely: Angry German Kid now fell angrier, Angry German Kid: NEEEEIN!!! verdammt noch mal! NEEEEIN!!! NEEEEIN!!! Jetzt muss ich da warteeeeeeeen!
ThunderAxe31: In view of some improvements I found, and the intention to include the Extra levels, FilipeTales agreed to cancel this submission and co-working with me for the next submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6551: Bluely's SNES Tetris Attack "Puzzle mode" in 16:24.36
Banned User, Player (89)
TASVideos says unknown rerecords but it's clearly 0 rerecords as seen on userfile. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/59499316802674085
Cuphead TASes desyncs unfortunately.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
That's because the bug that TASVideos says unknown rerecords but it only regonizes as 0 rerecords on userfile.
No, it is not a bug. It’s there in the case that the rerecord cound gets lost and there’s nothing to show for it. and since no one actually tries to make a tas that aims to use 0 rerecords, that’s what shows up
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
EZGames69 wrote:
No, it is not a bug. It’s there in the case that the rerecord cound gets lost and there’s nothing to show for it. and since no one actually tries to make a tas that aims to use 0 rerecords, that’s what shows up
You can open bk2 file as zip archive, open Header.txt and edit rerecordCount line. 99999999 rerecords or whatever are confirmed =) So, it's not a secret now, but it has little point.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
EZGames69
He/They
I am fully aware how it works.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Skilled player (1705)
Why is having 0 (or "fewest") rerecords a badge of honor now? Should I manually start changing all my TAS rerecord count to 1 before submitting? Is this a trend I should be expecting?
Editor, Player (53)
This is one of the SNES games I loved most, so I'm certainly interested on this run. However, I do wonder a couple of things: - Why just play the regular puzzle mode and not also the Hard mode? - Why the SNES version and not the GB? I suppose you could say you already mentioned why, but the second question comes because in the later version (GB), there is a puzzle level that can be solved in less moves than intended (can't remember if it was in the normal or hard mode though, only that it was towards the end).
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Banned User, Player (89)
samurai goroh wrote:
Why just play the regular puzzle mode and not also the Hard mode?
Because Hard mode is "Extra" Puzzle set, "Extra" Puzzle set requires a password and password breaks movie rules.
samurai goroh wrote:
Why the SNES version and not the GB?
Well i forgot there's GB Verison of this game so... If i can't run Sonic R or clip the wall in under than 2 seconds after touching the corner in Sonic R Any% TAS, i would do "Puzzle" GB Version TAS and submit it on april fools day!
EZGames69
He/They
FilipeTales wrote:
samurai goroh wrote:
Why just play the regular puzzle mode and not also the Hard mode?
Because Hard mode is "Extra" Puzzle set, "Extra" Puzzle set requires a password and password breaks movie rules.
Wrong, passwords are allowed if they unlock certain content, like harder modes. I know because I have a movie that does just that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NR_jpYT9As
Post subject: Re: #6551: FilipeTales's SNES Tetris Attack "Puzzle" in 16:24.36
Experienced player (994)
I see Tetris in the name, and I expect crazy things. This just delivered lots of pauses and slow level transitions. No vote on entertainment for me.
TASVideoAgent wrote:
If people beat this TAS, what would happen? Then TheWinslinator will still hold the record and when the framewar ends, the people will end up with a lot of unnecessary rerecords for a puzzle that's mostly caused without writing a route.
What record does TheWinslinator hold? and why doesn't this TAS beat it?? Why got offended when people actually use tools to make a tool-assisted speedrun???
EZGames69
He/They
The “Record” he’s referring to is TheWinslator’s movie that has 1 rerecord. http://tasvideos.org/MovieStatistics/FewestRerecords.html
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
jlun2 wrote:
Why is having 0 (or "fewest") rerecords a badge of honor now? Should I manually start changing all my TAS rerecord count to 1 before submitting? Is this a trend I should be expecting?
The fun fact is this isn't technically 0 rerecords. :^) The author just wants to make it sound like they actually accomplished something that other TASes have. Edited or not. This will end up not on the list as it doesn't contain a single rerecord count like movies before it.
FilipeTales wrote:
i did actually 0 rerecords, every failed attempts i reverted-saved as different file.
(Quote's from Discord. Emphasis mine.)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Banned User, Player (89)
FilipeTales wrote:
every failed attempts i reverted-saved as different file.
I used this expression because no one would believe me i was able to make a TAS without any rerecords, so to make everyone believe me i used this expression to delete the failed attempt which rerecorded and start over again from beginning without rerecords.
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
FilipeTales wrote:
FilipeTales wrote:
every failed attempts i reverted-saved as different file.
I used this expression because no one would believe me i was able to make a TAS without any rerecords, so to make everyone believe me i used this expression to delete the failed attempt which rerecorded and start over again from beginning without rerecords.
Even if the Puzzle mode of Tetris Attack is very simple, it still requires to make some precise inputs in order to optimize the outcome, and your movie even featured some frame-perfect tricks, which doesn't have anything to do with casual play, so it doesn't really matter how many years you did spend playing this game until now, you still needed to, at the very least, performing extensive trial and error with frame advance, which basically and practically means to go back and improve your previous attempts. That's because TASing itself consists in improving the previous attempts. If a movie really required 1 attempt in order to be made, that would mean that the game chosen was too much simple for a meaningful TAS, which is not the case for this game, as I confirmed firsthand while judging this submission. Now, you may wonder how did some people make TASes with so few rerecords. The answer is very simple: those rerecord counts are wrong. For a reason or another, something have gone wrong with their files, so that the resulting rerecords value ended up being unfaithful. For example, take a look the submission that seems to feature the lowest rerecord count ever: #5470: Winslinator's INTV Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain in 00:11.62. From its submission text, we can read this:
Submission #5470 wrote:
Speaking of which, the number of re-records should be 4117, as the movie I originally made for Bizhawk 1.12.0 had that many re-records (it had to be redone as it refused to play in v1.12.1).

As I already said, TASing itself consists in making as many attempts as possible, trying every possibility, fixing mistakes, and improving your previous strategies. The rerecord count exists in order to keep track of how many efforts were put into the making of each movie, ideally speaking. However, rerecord count is in no way an accurate measure of how optimized a movie actually is, not to mention that the rerecords value could be faked altogether. And if you think about it, the rerecord count is just a number, which doesn't tell much about a movie. Instead, if you want to know if a movie is good, you should try to improve it yourself, that's the only way to know for sure how much good it is. So, reassuming:
  • Rerecords count should be high.
  • Rerecords count can't be trusted.
  • Rerecords count is not very important.

By the way, it seems to me that you're doing this 0-rerecords-thing just because you want to place yourself at the top of this page: FewestRerecords You see, the fact is that this page it's just a system page that was created for statistic reasons, in order to keep track of some very minor aspects of the site data. It's not a podium pedestal, it's not an awards room, it's not a hall of fame. There is no merit or honor into getting a movie into that list. With that said, if you still hope to place your future TASes into a honorable place, you should instead try to do something like winning a award, or making a Stars movie, or winning a contest, or improving a very old movie or a very optimized movie. And if you think that you can't do any of that, don't worry: submitting acceptable TASes is already enough for being considered a worthy community member. Just stop it with wanting to make a low rerecord movie. Please.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Player (12)
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but might it be faster to use a glitch to beat 1-10? During countdown: move the cursor to the second row from the bottom, middle two columns. After countdown: swap the panels on two consecutive frames using A and then B (or vice versa) and press X to undo the last move. Due to a bug, the game will not notice that panels are supposed to clear. Move the cursor up twice and swap to win. Less cursor movement = fewer frames, does it not? Edit: In 5-10, try moving the cursor to the middle of the bottom row. When the countdown finishes, swap, move left, and swap as quickly as possible. The star panel will pass through the position where it should make a line of three and clear. Then you can clear the remaining panels as two 6 combos instead of one 12 combo to get rid of them faster.
I didn't know about that glitch, that's interesting. Your solution saved 6 frames in 1-10, well done! I will look into 5-10 later. Edit: ok 5-10 is 54 frames faster now... wow. Even if you didn't edit the movie file yourself, I think in this case you should be added, because you basically provided the solutions themselves. Do you agree to be added as an author for this movie?
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Player (12)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
Even if you didn't edit the movie file yourself, I think in this case you should be added, because you basically provided the solutions themselves. Do you agree to be added as an author for this movie?
If you think I deserve it. Wow, my first TAS. *blushes*
By the way, FilipeTales agreed to make a new submission that includes the Extra levels, so the current submission should be cancelled soon. If you know some tricks for other levels, please write them in a PM to me or to FilipeTales.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Banned User, Player (89)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
so the current submission should be cancelled soon.
Ok cancelled current submission!