(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a bowling game, a player will be challenged by 8 famous bowling players and need to beat them under various rules. They promised to give big money after the player win all of the games. The opponents have various characteristics, some of them are very powerful and some are very technical, etc. The player can control the ball by setting up an initial position, hook or slice, power and directions. the power is most important to take a strike in all frames.
In this play I took a strike in all frames in all games and try to aim at fastest complete all.
  • Emulator used: BizHawk 2.3.2
  • BIOS: Bios_FDS
  • Speedrun with perfect games
Movie-link

Comments

The last frame - 115,623
Time (last input) - 32:03.88
Rerecording count - 4,548
As I mentioned above, to take a strike, the power is the most important factor. Each game has a characteristic e.g. a balls is easily sliced, a condition of a lane is bad, etc. Actually you can take a strike with full power, straight ball in 50% of the games, and with slightly sliced ball in the rest. The power and direction is decided by the timing you pushed the button, and the timing is slightly severe, so manually it's difficult to take a perfect game I believe. As this game is very old one, even if you take a strike >3 times it is shown as "Turkey" every time... it can't be four-bagger, six pack, etc...

Other comments

From speedrun viewpoint, we can improve more by having more effective movement for opponents. In this movie I pushed the button as quickly as possible but if I delay the button and get faster result in opponent move, it must be the possible improvement. If opponents take a strike in every frames as well, it can be faster even though they say something like "Yeah" after that.

Masterjun: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
GJTASer2018
He/Him
OK, since this appears to be your first submission here, I'll just quickly point out that you can use the video tag to directly embed your videos in the submission instead of linking to them, like so: Link to video This makes things a lot easier for other people to judge your submission. :)
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
CoolHandMike
He/Him
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (636)
I am thinking this will be a No from a technical standpoint because a tas of a game like this should really be heavily manipulating the opponents. Many of the opponent's throws have issues which should be able to be manipulated out. 18:40 - Example of when they should really be throwing as soon as possible, but here the opponent moves the ball all the way to the right or left before even throwing. 29:14 Or even worse when they move the ball all the way over and then throw it slowly. If I am wrong about the ability to manipulate please tell me.
discord: CoolHandMike#0352
Player (6)
Hi, thank you for judging my movie. I tried to check if I can control opponents by adjusting the timing to push the buttons. As a result, I realized I can expect quicker movements, so it can't be something like a non-beatable record even though the player's movement is the fastest ones.
g0goTBC
He/Him
Experienced player (755)
That is going to be a no for me. It looks like the same thing is happening for 30 minutes, and as CoolHandMike said, doing the inputs for a throw as fast as you can doesn't mean that this will be the fastest way to win a game, simply from the opponents taking much longer than you to do their throws.
Banjo-Tooie runner, DTC 8, 9, 10, and 11 winner, but more importantly, "When's GR?" Current projects: Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge - 100% (50 minutes) Mario Party 1 - All Boards (est: 4-6 hours) Mario Party 3 - All Minigames (est: 40-50 minutes, not sure) "Ooooh, I saved some more subpixels. Look at those sweet subpixels. You can't look at them, because they're subpixels, but they look so good." - The8bitbeast "It's as if I knew what was going to happen. It's as if I had the plan written in front of me and I was reading it. I mean, I do have it in front of me, but I'm not reading it." -garagedooropener
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
I will give this a Meh, it's a low Meh vote. However, I do advise you to either revise this movie and adjust it to speed up your competition and create a file replacement or to cancel this movie and work on the improvement and submit a new movie down the line.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Post subject: Cancelled the submission
Player (6)
All, much appreciated your confirmation for my movie. I considered the game again and tried to optimize the opponent moves, however, this game is so simple as the player is repeating the routine moves, thus, even though the time is shortened, the movie can't be attractive. So I decided to try other games to make more attractive movies. Thank you so much again.