(Link to video)
Rose are red, violets are blue, Crystal Chronicles is a cool game and you should speedrun it too!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a rpg created by Square Enix where you control a caravan and its members, and travel in a hostile world with dungeons and monsters. You collect drops of myrrh to protect your village, and go on a quest to find and destroy the source of the miasma that corrupts the world.

Sync Instructions

It's necessary to provide the game with a formatted memory card before being able to play the movie file.
  1. Set up a memory card in the Dolphin settings;
  2. Launch the game;
  3. When this screen appears, select the upper option twice and press X key;
  4. Now the movie file can be played.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Dolphin 5.0
  • Complete the game as fast as possible
  • Don't use any glitch

Comments

Look at that, a new improvement! It took so long before I found a possible way to beat the other TAS. I knew it was possible to beat, but wanted to beat it HARD. And I did it. This run started when I tried a 100% run RTA. I discovered the tailor parent gives 800 gils (money of the game) pretty easily. With that in mind, I managed to route my money with an all new perspective.
First of all, I choose the Lilty tribe, like before. This race has the most strength, which saves a lot of time. Like I said, I choose a tailor father, who gives me a letter I have to answer and give a gourd potato to please him. Fortunately, we have free gourd potato in our inventory! At the end of the third dungeon, he will send us 800 gils. In second dungeon, the Mushroom Forest, I need to farm a bunch of money to get early Warrior's Weapon, which increase my strength by 10. Also, like most of the dungeons, I manipulate the bonus conditions to get enough points for a good strength artifact. Strength artifacts are the only ones picked this run.
In Tida (fifth dungeon), I only have to pick up one worm antennae, for a value of 500 gils. This is because, this time, in my route, I take the remaining money in the seventh dungeon, Mushroom Forest cycle 2, where I also drop the Master's Weapon scroll used to forge the weapon. The reason it's worth is I want to get to 135 points to get a +3 artifact. I get 1 point per ennemy killed and per item/gil collected. It looks long, and almost eat all my timesave, but it's because it replaces Tida's worm antennaes farm. Also, this will help us get to 75 strength at Vellenge (last dungeon), which will make the last bosses extremely faster. The other drops of myrrh goes like my precedent TASes.
I use many meats in my run. They give +2 strength and help getting to the multiples of 5 (5, 10, 15, 20, etc) to make me deal more damage. I use a total of 6 meats (or fishes), but I only start with 3. I drop some for free in Cathuridge Mine, Veo Lu Sluice cycle 1 and Veo Lu Sluice cycle 2 (respectively dungeons 3, 6 and 14). For Meteor parasite, third to last boss, I found out Warrior's Weapon is faster despite of it being 5 strength less, so I switch weapon, which saves a lot of time too.

Timesave?

This time, not that much! Obviously there is RNG, with godlike/impossible RNG I could save at most like 5 seconds. There is no known mistake in this run, and I'm very happy of the result. The only way to possibly beat it would be to find skips. But unfortunately, this game is pretty well programmed and not much useful has been found.

Special thanks

• Leossier, my best friend, always there for me
  • The speedrunning community of FFCC. I have the chance to have found the Discord channel and talked to a lot of nice people. Hello to all of them
  • Dudunin, who checked a lot of my TAS streams
  • VerySydney, who inspired me a lot and is the name of the protagonist of this TAS
  • The TAS community, which is the reason this beautiful video can be made and published for others to see in the first place (a classic thank you)
  • ThunderAxe31, my judge, he always helps me when in trouble, gives me advices, and motivates me to get better at the game
Enjoy the movie everyone! :)

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: Accepting as improvement over the current publication.
feos: Setting to Delayed.
<fsvgm777> So yeah, please take FFCC.
<feos> ok

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6591: Wobmiar's GC Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles in 1:36:47.20
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
Like always, I don't really know what screenshot to propose, but here's one I found: manipulated fire from the Coeurl to make me walk faster. VI: 67971 Input: 457950
I like colors
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
I don't know how much the publication is advanced, but I'm trying right now to beat this TAS. Maybe putting it in delayed would be nice, the time I finish my current WIP. Sorry for the inconvenience
I like colors
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
The publication process hasn't started. BTW:
Judge Guidelines wrote:
Improvements and obsoletions Avoid meaningless publications. It may turn the audience away when a large improvement is possible, yet each small incremental change with no visible differences in gameplay finds its way onto the main page. If the submitted movie is clearly improvable as well, it should (usually) be rejected.
  • Small improvements have and will be published, but only in a situation where it seems reasonable that only those small optimizations are left. If larger known improvements aren't implemented, it may be grounds for rejection.
  • While it is expected that the new run should use all tricks and techniques known at the time, it is not uncommon for new time-saving techniques to be found during the later stages of making a run. Ideally, the run should be restarted or edited to allow for inclusion of these new discoveries, however, if restarting will be especially time consuming, exceptions can be made to this rule per judge's discretion
Considering how demanding this game is to publish (its dump doesn't fit on a half-TB drive, takes lots of time to get around to investing the required space and encoding time while other submissions are also there), I'd suggest spending more time on making sure whatever strategy you're using is the best, instead of submitting every intermediate update.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
Well I'm not sure if I can beat it, this was the best route I could come on with at the time. There's been 4 months already, couldn't plan that really. I'll always work on this game, and sometimes it will take months before I even find the slightest possible timesave. I don't think I should wait 1 year after my TAS is done before trying to publish it... Then anyway discovering something new. What I want to say is that, at the time I published that, it was following the rules. I had no plan on doing another any% TAS at the time, because after long discussions with the community, it was the best TAS possible.
I like colors
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
After some calculations and trying, my hypothesis is false and I can't beat this current run. Sorry for the inconvenience, you can continue to publish
I like colors
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [4228] GC Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles by Wobmiar in 1:36:47.20