Submission Text Full Submission Page
New Super Mario Land is a SNES homebrew game that is playable up to 4 controllers, and a enhanced New Super Mario Bros. DS like version of Super Mario Land. Here, Pancake001 TASes this game and beat the GB publication by 1 second!

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Snes9x v1.60
  • Aims for fastest time
  • You will need v1.0 edition for this movie.
  • Beats the Gameboy publication by 1 second

Comments

So basically this is to complete the run as fast as possible. This had beat all existing records (if I'm right) for Super Mario Land. But obviously looking like there's not enough entertainment, it's going into vault.

Stage by stage comments

I've decided not to post level comments, just compare between the old run on the NSML thread.

Pancake Team's comments

Pancake001: I see improvement in the final boss.
Chutacoacko Playz: Good! Because it ended on the last possible frame!
Chutacoacko Playz: I think when songs change is when lags be used, so it might be faster not to collect the star, but whatever.
Pancake001: Welp I made a new one.
Chutacoacko Playz: I just saw it. Gonna upload it to YT.
-END OF CHAT-

Other comments

The good thing about this TAS is that there's sort of some entertainment in the plane sections.
I don't know if there should be an improvement in the future.

ChutacoackoPlayz: Canceling, because Pancake002 is working on a new one. Hopefully it's faster and Pancake001 can do some work.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6600: Pancake001's SNES New Super Mario Land "1P only" in 12:07.34
Banned User
If this run is going to be published, what is the Pancake team waiting for? AWESOMENESS! Also Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day guys (tomorrow)! But if this run gets rejected due to the game choice, it might end up in Gruefood Delight, but if the run looks boring, it won't and I will just get banned once again.
i think i got banned again... I don't know if I can do TASing at the moment. May in summer or something? Soon-ish... Aka. Chuterix, formerly ChutacoackoTAS (did I even address that name?) Check out my RTA's and TASes here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx6JXd3XDSkJqREaLQDYlDg P.S. I have school on weekdays unless break or something. So I will not read messages until the weekends or until further notice.
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
You should note that this movie file only works on version 1.0. I am unable to find v1.0 anywhere. It desyncs on v1.1.
Chutacoacko Playz wrote:
But if this run gets rejected due to the game choice, it might end up in Gruefood Delight, but if the run looks boring, it won't and I will just get banned once again.
If it doesn't get published, it will go to "Gruefood Delight" aka it will either be cancelled or rejected. If you don't want to get banned, don't submit a TAS that will get rejected and especially do not submit someone else's TAS if you're not an author. You can help them submit something, but don't submit someone else's TAS. For reference: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/668480207958704158/668480237318963231/unknown.png (image) This link only works if you are in the (official) TASVideos Discord server, https://discordapp.com/channels/280806848909541376/280806848909541376/668473595214954507 Scrolling a bit down after clicking this link let's you see the messages in the image, provided no one removed a post. Sorry about Discord being moldy in my image, that's a(n) (very annoying) issue with AMD Driver thingies, idk. I am posting the messages for completeness sake, so people don't get confused. Edit: Alternatively, when editing a submission, there is a box called Edit Sumarry. Use THAT instead of writing somewhere into the judge notes. There is absolutely no reason to clutter judge notes with extremely minor edits. If you do not know where it's located, https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/668480207958704158/668481932232884284/unknown.png Please. Use that. What does it do? There is a page that let's you see all edits. If you write into that little box, you will see edit notes on that page. Reference, if you don't know what it looks like: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/668480207958704158/668483359764381696/unknown.png I will check out the movie and give a proper voting later.
Pancake001
He/Him
I gave him full permission to submit this.
Banned User
Snodeca wrote:
You should note that this movie file only works on version 1.0. I am unable to find v1.0 anywhere. It desyncs on v1.1.
Chutacoacko Playz wrote:
But if this run gets rejected due to the game choice, it might end up in Gruefood Delight, but if the run looks boring, it won't and I will just get banned once again.
If it doesn't get published, it will go to "Gruefood Delight" aka it will either be cancelled or rejected. If you don't want to get banned, don't submit a TAS that will get rejected and especially do not submit someone else's TAS if you're not an author. You can help them submit something, but don't submit someone else's TAS. For reference: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/668480207958704158/668480237318963231/unknown.png (image) This link only works if you are in the (official) TASVideos Discord server, https://discordapp.com/channels/280806848909541376/280806848909541376/668473595214954507 Scrolling a bit down after clicking this link let's you see the messages in the image, provided no one removed a post. Sorry about Discord being moldy in my image, that's a(n) (very annoying) issue with AMD Driver thingies, idk. I am posting the messages for completeness sake, so people don't get confused. Edit: Alternatively, when editing a submission, there is a box called Edit Sumarry. Use THAT instead of writing somewhere into the judge notes. There is absolutely no reason to clutter judge notes with extremely minor edits. If you do not know where it's located, https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/668480207958704158/668481932232884284/unknown.png Please. Use that.
Of course that movie desyncs on the v1.1! Please do not ask us for the ROMs as TASvideos said. The changes can be found here but of course you probably should DM Pancake001. Also like Pancake001 said, he gave ME full permission. EDIT: Removed link to ROM as Snodeca pointed out.
i think i got banned again... I don't know if I can do TASing at the moment. May in summer or something? Soon-ish... Aka. Chuterix, formerly ChutacoackoTAS (did I even address that name?) Check out my RTA's and TASes here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx6JXd3XDSkJqREaLQDYlDg P.S. I have school on weekdays unless break or something. So I will not read messages until the weekends or until further notice.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Pancake001 wrote:
You should be submitting your own movies.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
Chutacoacko Playz wrote:
Of course that movie desyncs on the v1.1! Please do not ask us for the ROMs as TASvideos said. The changes can be found here but of course you probably should DM Pancake001.
Please don't quote my entire post. You didn't clarify that the movie is for 1.0. How in the actual name of Satan are we supposed to know it's for 1.0 if it has never been clarified in the submission text?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Point of clarification. Edits have gone by and there is a "Game version: JPN/USA v1.0" attached to it now. You're still in the right for your comment as this would've been developed onwards without them clarifying that they fixed it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Banned User
Quote from TASvideos Movie Rules:
Do not claim authorship for something you haven't made Taking another user's movie and submitting it under your name is strictly forbidden. Such offense is potential grounds for a ban. This doesn't apply to situations where a similar or identical solution is discovered and implemented independently.
Pancake001 allowed me to give the movie file, and it's OK. I don't claim any authorship for this movie, nor it's supposed to be a joke submission. THIS IS A REAL TAS.
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
Okay, didn't notice the Game Version, I'm too noob at this site apparently. Last comment because I have stuff to do. The "changes" in your post @Chuta, there are no changes in there. I only see a tutorial, an action replay code and something else unrelated to game updates. Article is from 2019. Game was updated in 2020. Not only that, but that article links directly to the site that hosts the ROM, lol.
Pancake001
He/Him
Spikestuff wrote:
Pancake001 wrote:
It would not let me submit it. I dont know why so I asked Chutacoacko to try and he was successful.
Banned User
Pancake001 wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Pancake001 wrote:
It would not let me submit it. I dont know why so I asked Chutacoacko to try and he was successful.
I'm pretty sure there's a folder inside the .zip, so that's why it's not working.
Banned User
Snodeca wrote:
I will check out the movie and give a proper voting later.
There's a video which shows the SYNCED version.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
What does it matter if there's a synced video? If no one can play it back, the TAS can not be published. The publisher would have to take the .svm file for themselves, find a correct ROM or dump it themselves (LOL), make sure it syncs. Then they do whatever they do with the run and emulator in question, in this case Snes9x 1.60, to create a high quality encode. Hold up... Crap! Publisher can't publish! Uh oh. This post was written (NOT POSTED!) before the submission was cancelled, don't attack me. I'm still going to post it.
Banned User
Snodeca wrote:
What does it matter if there's a synced video? If no one can play it back, the TAS can not be published. The publisher would have to take the .svm file for themselves, find a correct ROM or dump it themselves (LOL), make sure it syncs. Then they do whatever they do with the run and emulator in question, in this case Snes9x 1.60, to create a high quality encode. Hold up... Crap! Publisher can't publish! Uh oh. This post was written (NOT POSTED!) before the submission was cancelled, don't attack me. I'm still going to post it.
It's v1.0. Pancake002 sent me it. I am not going to tell you where v1.0 is. And since Pancake002 (and maybe Pancake001) are working on a new one, I'm glad I canceled it before it gets rejected. And they're now using v1.1 so that's good. So I think I need my TAS Editor skill, but it's going to take a lot of time, and this feels now optimal right now and the game looks like a standard Mario game with barely any UI, as this was imported from Mario Land and NSMBDS. I like Super Mario Land 2 better. And it has a credits glitch.