Time for Circle again! This is different from my other movie as I abuse a real neat glitch. This glitch warps me straight to Dracula using summons! Basicially, all I needed to do was to go to the shaft and go grab the first two cards so I can use the DSS glitch to use summons. I skip the dash boots as they're more out of the way and there isn't much moving. I just slide the rest of the time.
When I fight Dracula's first form, It's just down right hilarious. :) I'll leave it at that and let you guys see. Lets just say death from above! He gives me a buttload of levels also.
  • Recorded on Nitsuja's VBA Version 9
  • Takes no damage this time around, as it's not beneficial this time.
  • Abuses programming errors.
  • Manipulates luck.
Notes:
  • I had to use the Invincibility DSS when Dracula uses his dash attack or It would be a instant death. No other way to dodge it beside the Roc Wing, which I don't have.
  • After you hit Dracula's floating eyeball with the second bone theres a short recovery time. He was too close to me so I had to jump and throw a bone to avoid being killed. I couldn't hit him from the ground that close anyways. :|
Hope you enjoy this.

Phil: Evaluating....

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Former player
Hooray for bone sniping. Yes vote.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Active player (277)
Wasn't the other run a glitch run, too, since you used the wrong card combos?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
How much gameplay actually takes place in this 5:34? There's a long opening, at least thirty seconds of waiting after fighting Dracula's first form, and then the ending. Seems like less than three minutes. Anyway, I say YES.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
I found it quite entertaining, glitches are always fun. I'll go yes.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Wow, that's some glitch. They sure don't make games like they used to. Oh wait, they do! Nice one. That's a Yes vote.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Yes vote, although of course I found the no-glitch (less-glitched?) run more entertaining. But, one note about the submission: it was recorded from reset with SRAM. Obviously it starts from a new game, but for future submissions (uh, after what you're currently working on I guess) you should start recording from power on ("from start", which is the default) instead of "from reset".
This run is like, wtf :) It is quite entertaining, but yeah, the 'normal' playthrough has more "rewatch" value. :) Definate yes.
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Former player
nitsuja wrote:
But, one note about the submission: it was recorded from reset with SRAM. Obviously it starts from a new game, but for future submissions (uh, after what you're currently working on I guess) you should start recording from power on ("from start", which is the default) instead of "from reset".
So 'from start' and 'from reset' are basically the same thing, except one just has SRAM? Either 'from start' should be removed and this should be clarified more, or you're going to have a lot of people submitting movies that have SRAM. I just realised that my movies all start from reset and not 'from start', does that mean I'll have to start over now?
The only difference is that "from start" movies don't contain SRAM, which could theoretically allow cheating, or at least skipping introductory parts of the game which would make runs hard to compare. All existing SNES submissions are from reset with SRAM and we just have to trust that they don't actually use it. I thought it would be better for it to be an option to have none at all so it's not even a possibility that a run could rely on previously saved data. There is further explanation at the rules page under "The movie must begin from console power-on". It shouldn't be necessary for you to start over. If you're really not relying on the save data, it should work to hex edit it away. (Actually, it should be as simple as changing byte 0x014 to 0.) Anyway, I think in this case it's not a huge deal since you start a new game in the movie and there don't seem to be any other existing save slots so the SRAM saved in the movie is most likely empty and unused by the game. But avoid starting any new movies from reset if they're intended for submission.
Former player
Ok, cool. Why is there even a record from reset? Is that just for people who want to record casually and dont want their stuff erased? If so, you IRC chumps can expect a Julius movie sometime after the any% :) Too bad I couldn't submit it here :(
Because it caused so much confusion, I've made a small update to the re-recording VBA (now 9b) just to change the recording dialog to be more clear.
Zurreco wrote:
Why is there even a record from reset? Is that just for people who want to record casually and dont want their stuff erased?
Well, if for instance someone wants to record a movie of Metroid Zero Mission on Hard mode (or a Julius run of AoS), I think that would require starting out with SRAM. Normally it couldn't be accepted here but maybe something could be worked out (such as verifying that an existing published run creates the same SRAM data that it continues from).
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Other applications would be a warrior mode run in COTM (increased attack power, but no DSS) and Fire Emblem runs past Lynn's quest--Elliott and Hector, as well as the hard modes in that game.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [324] GBA Castlevania: Circle of the Moon "warp glitch" by OgreSlayeR in 05:34.13
Banned User, Former player
I'm glad it's published, but like I said in IRC -- will the encoder actually seed this movie so some of us can download it? Edit: Oh, yeah, one more thing -- I knew about the glitch, but actually managing to beat him is a true feat. Then again, with the skeleton, it's not that hard -- you would want to avoid levels while the skele, since it seems that the higher your level is the less damage it does...
Perma-banned
Banned User, Former player
Okay, just one more thing -- this movie won't play for me. Not in WA (what I usually use) - not in Windows Media Player, not in anything. What codec did you use, because whatever it was I'm obviously missing it (or it's a bad movie, though the sound works fine)
Perma-banned
Former player
I also cannot view this .avi due to a codec problem. WMP, MPC, and VLC all fail to render the file or give me error messages.
Post subject: can't watch movie
I'm using media player classic, and it wants to use some codec I don't have, I tell it to search for codecs on the net and it doesn't find anything where can I download the codec
Former player
Installing FFDShow now makes MPC and VLC crash as soon as I attempt to open the movie file. Actually, it's making every movie file crash. This isn't good... edit: Uninstalling fixed that problem, but I still can not get video feed from the Circle of the Moon glitch movie. Hmm
Fihlvein
He/Him
No, I installed that version of FFDShow and it still doesn't work for me.
Hmm. What happens if you install the latest experimental build from http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow ?
Emulator Coder
The movie worked fine for me on newest VLC.
Player (200)
That was cool, but I've never played the game so I couldn't really tell what was going on, could you explain it a little more? Here's what my guess would be, you use some glitch that makes that fence of spikes take you through the roof to some boss (how's that work?). Then you abuse randomness to get something really good and unlikely from a card? And then same again for second form? BTW it was funny watching the level up over and over wondering when it was going to stop. This game looks good from what I could tell.
g,o,p,i=1e4,a[10001];main(x){for(;p?g=g/x*p+a[p]*i+2*!o: 53^(printf("%.4d",o+g/i),p=i,o=g%i);a[p--]=g%x)x=p*2-1;}
Active player (410)
I'd suggest downloading this. http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=786&s=50 Copy paste the link instead of clicking here. But I'd recommend unstalling the current FFDShow you are using right now. Btw, I have used H264 as fourcc. I wanted to test it and it seems to give good result. Note that it is possible that you must configure FFDShow to decode h.264 as libavcodec otherwise, it won't read the video.