(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Crusader of Centy (also known as Soleil in Europe and Shin Sōseiki Ragnacënty (新創世紀ラグナセンティ, Shin Sōseiki Ragunasenti) (New Genesis: Ragnacënty) in Japan) is an action-adventure game that was released on the Genesis/Mega Drive. The story centers on Corona, a boy who has just turned 14 years of age and must inherit his late father's sword to fight the monsters that threaten the human race's existence. Gameplay uses an overhead perspective and focuses on exploring, battling enemies with a sword, and solving puzzles. As the story progresses, numerous animals join the hero and aid him. They are used in gameplay like weapons or tools, which often grant passage to previously inaccessible areas.

Playing Infos:

emulator: gen_11b

rerecords: 3001

ingame time: 32:07:14

Tricks / Glitches used ingame:

boss- and monstermanipulation for fast kills or better/fast movement

clip out of bounce to skip areas or parts of them

pixel perfect movement to enter areas like the tent early or the big elephant house to save time

skip bosses (WOLF in Dhalia Valley and DRAGON in ice palace)

Final comment:

This TAS isn't full optimized yet. There are still ways to save some time (few seconds) with perfect movement, skip boss textmessages or tryhard strats like slidejumps anywhere. This TAS was created to update the old one of 2009 and show up all new glitches were found in the speedrun community and get some new ppl into that awesome game. Enjoy the TAS and get interested in that nice game.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6639: DarkToonLink's Genesis Crusader of Centy in 32:40.31
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
I asked in the previous submission but got no answer. so im going to ask again. you said there is a way to go faster if you had the ability to reset the game, but why would you use gens then? Bizhawk allows resets, you could save more time if you used bizhawk.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Input contains a lot of RTA mashing and blank ending input and some random extra input where it should have ended earlier. Light Spike to remove the blank input only (828 frames). I am not adjusting for the extended input that's present. DarkToonLink is an RTA runner of the game as a note. A suggestion is to update that ending input to not contain any of the extra input after final input this worsens your TAS time for an unnecessary reason. Also please use the English Title of the game.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
DarkToonLink
He/Him
ok lemme answer fast I solved the problem about the reset manipulation with ingame manipulation so i didn't need the emulator change but thx. downloaded it anyway for later myb --- english game title? I chose the english title with that submission or do you want me use the english game title on rom or playing on english one? bcs the JPN Text saves some seconds because its shorter
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
is the in game manipulation faster than reset manipulation?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
DarkToonLink
He/Him
@EZGames69 the reset is slower because it costs time to get back to the game. So i improved that with full ingame manipulation
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
DarkToonLink wrote:
english game title? I chose the english title with that submission or do you want me use the english game title on rom or playing on english one? bcs the JPN Text saves some seconds because its shorter
You had the movie submitted as Shin Souseiki Ragnacenty instead of Crusader of Centy on the Game version and name field. --- Now, the elephant in the room that is that the game takes ~26 seconds of the game actually loading up in Hawk... no I didn't exaggerate those numbers. So I understand why you used Gens. However what I wrote at the start about mashed input holds true. If you focus strictly on the first bit of gameplay of dialogue and walking around that house. I'm out of that house, first visible frame of next area at 2136 frames. This is compared to your 2269. This is caused by the mashing. (Again this is strictly looking from the first frame of that house fading in and counting from there) What I learnt quickly about the game is the dialogue is lag frames when text is coming. And that you can use A, B and C to continue the dialogue along when you used one of the three in a previous dialogue box. You've mashed just a single button instead. I'm going to suggest to try again and use the tools. I'm going to spitball that a sub 30 is possible in TAStiming if dialogue and movement is hit correctly. I recommend for you to use that save and load states, to use the lag counter you have and to take your time and most importantly frame advance. Alternatively you can take the 26 second hit in BizHawk and use TAStudio where all this would be highlighted and you can route out cleaner and skip dialogue boxes with a bit more ease compared to Gens. Here is my input file. Your TAS is a great starting ground, but with more that can be done to it. Take your time with your next movie.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
DarkToonLink
He/Him
I just cancelled it thanks for watching anyway