(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Objectives
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Executes arbitrary code
  • Genre: Action/Adventure
We press three specific buttons when the console powers on and we reprogram the game to get confused and we win.
Disclaimer: There definitely weren't any cheats or hacks used in this movie. Trust me.

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: Nice demonstration, but it's not really content worth publishing. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Not sure what the gag is here but I did look and there is no sram or savestates in this movie file. So is this is legit in that it pushes buttons to achieve this result. Is this an emulator fail? or a cheat code? Or did you actually glitch and ending in 3 button presses?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (708)
To do this, you must hold either upper side button, the 0 key, and the WNW disc position on the second (right) controller while resetting or powering on the console. Then, press any button to start the game. Jokes aside, I suspect it's an intended cheat code, as many other games utilize similar odd button combinations on the title screen to unlock alternate title screens, stuff like this, or even an alternate game in the case of Dig Dug. The button combo is not listed in the manual.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Would require disasm to know for sure but it's a known "feature": https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/intellivision/576720-advanced-dungeons-and-dragons/cheats
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.