(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator: Bizhawk #e6e70b6e3
  • Platform: Nintendo DS
  • Genre: mystery, horror
Higurashi When They Cry (ひぐらしのなく頃に, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, lit. When the Evening Cicadas Cry) is a murder mystery visual novel series produced by 07th Expansion. Its DS remake, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna, has four parts. This movie of the first part, "Tatari", aims to get to either one of the endings ASAP. In particular, Onikakushi-hen ending, which is arguably the default, is reached.
This movie is very input-packed, as in there is at least one button being hold for the absolute majority of the run. Hope you all enjoy it.
I would like to provide an encode. Unfortunately, this game is meant to played with the DS rotated 270 degrees to the right, and Bizhawk doesn't seem to do avi recording in that way at the moment.

Noxxa: Claimimg for judgment. (Also fixed system ID)
Noxxa: Rejecting due to using an unreleased/unofficial emulator core.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Re: #6709: Fortranm's NES Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna: Dai Ichi Kan "Tatari" in 1:27:24.5
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Unfortunately, this game is meant to played with the DS rotated 270 degrees to the right, and Bizhawk doesn't seem to do avi recording in that way at the moment.
You can rotate it using Avisynth. For example: v = avisource("video.avi") TurnLeft(v)
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
Forget about the Nintendo DS, I’m all about that Nintendo ES
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
This core is NOT ready to be used for serious tases and is not yet approved for tasvideos submissions!
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Re: #6709: Fortranm's NES Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna: Dai Ichi Kan "Tatari" in 1:27:24.5
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
FractalFusion wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Unfortunately, this game is meant to played with the DS rotated 270 degrees to the right, and Bizhawk doesn't seem to do avi recording in that way at the moment.
You can rotate it using Avisynth. For example: v = avisource("video.avi") TurnLeft(v)
Thanks. A temp encode has been added.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!