(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello. This is DJ Incendration. This beats McHazard's TAS by 16 frames (0.26 seconds) real time, and 1.43 seconds on the in-game timer. The times are now as follows:
  • Glass Joe: 42.00
  • Von Kaiser: 35.61
  • Piston Honda 1: 36.97
  • Don Flamenco 1: 14.97
  • King Hippo: 37.61
  • Great Tiger: 47.48
  • Bald Bull 1: 53.82 (was 55.25) The sole reason for this submission. McHazard and Zallard1 found new strategies. McHazard told Zallard1, who didn't really remember the ins and outs of the strategy, but found out that with a 19 on the clock for the first knockdown, Bald Bull could take an extra punch after around 0:30 with this strategy. I'dd recommend looking at the previous run's submission notes (#4113: McHazard's NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! in 17:39.46).
  • Piston Honda 2: 39.97
Using the order of punches as in the individual level strategies won't make the in-game time (or real time) any slower.
  • Soda Popinski: 43.48
  • Bald Bull 2: 1:08.82
Made a few adjustments for entertainment, not a speed trade-off at all. I wanted it to be slightly different while having the fastest time.
  • Don Flamenco 2: 58.00
  • Mr. Sandman: 2:16.48
The dodges after 50 seconds into the first round were found to make fights with this strategy and similar ones easier for real time runners. I found this adds a little bit of entertainment, since you're not waiting for the frames.
  • Super Macho Man: 44.25
  • Mike Tyson: 1:58.XX
  • Total time (in-game): 12:57.46 (plus whatever .xx is; to find out for this and all previous TASes, you can find out how many frames are left before 1:59 and have a good knowledge of the frame/decimal values)

!! Special Thanks:

Thanks go to McHazard, Zallard1 and mPap for showing me what to do and making this improvement possible. Also, thanks to Adelikat, Phil, and Summoningsalt for their TASes, speedruns and tutorials that helped me get into this game. Enjoy!
DJ Incendration: This submission got bested; canceling.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3520)
Cool to see an improvement to punch out. I wonder though if this is really the only improvement possible, seems like some things are only known empirically, are there any other possibilities out there? Yes vote regardless. Also why isn't McHazard coauthor?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Alyosha wrote:
Also why isn't McHazard coauthor?
Probably for the same reason why MrWint and Omnigamer didn't get co-auth despite being 99.99% their input. A simple addition of his name would be straight simple, but I just want to read it from DJ first honestly about the reasoning.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (50)
Alyosha wrote:
Cool to see an improvement to punch out. I wonder though if this is really the only improvement possible, seems like some things are only known empirically, are there any other possibilities out there? Yes vote regardless. Also why isn't McHazard coauthor?
I don't really know of any. I've done a few tests, but nothing has come up. Also, I forgot to put him. I'm putting him now.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
DJ Incendration wrote:
Also, I forgot to put him. I'm putting him now.
What about the other submission?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (50)
feos wrote:
DJ Incendration wrote:
Also, I forgot to put him. I'm putting him now.
What about the other submission?
I added him there, too.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Submission has been bested. It probably shows that it's best to refine the newer strats instead of basing it entirely on the theory videos without refinement. Bald Bull I: 55.25 -> 53.82 -> 52.82 Bald Bull II: 1:08.82 -> 1:08.48 Super Macho Man: 44.25 -> 43.25
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!
Active player (374)
Spikestuff wrote:
Submission has been bested. It probably shows that it's best to refine the newer strats instead of basing it entirely on the theory videos without refinement.
Link to video What Spike said. Posted two days before your first submission, getting the same time, and with the same language in the video description as your comments on Bull 1. It's pretty obvious what happened here.