1 2
5 6
Post subject: Sonic 3D Blast?
Former player
it just kind of occured to me that i never saw anything on this game so i did a few searches and... i couldn't find anything on it. is there any reason this game isn't being done? just curious... i hated the game personally, but a romp through my ROMs and i felt the need to ask.
Post subject: Re: Sonic 3D Blast?
Former player
/*- wrote:
is there any reason this game isn't being done?
....Because it sucks?
Active player (277)
But it has 3D in the name! 3D is good!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Its not that bad, really, the problem is it wanted to be 3d in the 3d videogames era, but as a game its not that bad. The good thing for timeattack is that there might be many unprogrammed shortcuts on it.
Active player (253)
I personally like the game (especially the music). A time attack of it would be pretty interesting.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Former player
I'll give it a shot Watch my progress here: http://nvdata.pilif.ch/Zer0_Sonic3D.gmv
Spacecow
He/Him
Well I'll be. This game is a lot more fun to watch than it is to play. :) I'll be watching this progress from the sidelines. Good luck Zer0 :)
I actually thought this game was pretty good, in fact I used to have all three versions PC, Saturn and Mega Drive (or Genesis). The Saturn version being my favourite with the better remake of the Sonic 2 special stage than the PC, I especially liked it when Sonic passed a checkpoint where the camera would move round and he put his thumb up, that was a nice touch... Ahh, the memories (If I'm remembering right), if only I still had my Saturn... Anyway, I'll be watching this so good luck to you Zer0. If I remember correctly, don't you need to get the Emeralds to access the final boss?
Former player
it mentions that Emeralds can unlock special stages. i didnt see anything for them unlocking the final boss battle though (but hes got 5 forms... :)) how is this going BTW?
Yeah, when I played through this recently, I didn't have all the emeralds and didn't get to play the final boss (the one I could get through level select)
I remember somehow activating a glitch in my version of Sonic 3D into the level select where I just pressed start quickly over and over to get into the game but somehow activated the level select, oh and this was on the PAL version of the game called "Flickies Island" rather than "Blast". It's exactly the same otherwise. If I remember, if you force the rom to be run in PAL using the NTSC version you'll get that title screen and vice versa. I'd have a go at this run, although I don't think I'd be able to do all the jumps that Zer0 has done so well, let alone figuring out where to use super spins properly.
Former player
/*- wrote:
how is this going BTW?
hm there wasn't too much motivation from my side, no progress at all Maybe I'm going to get at it again today, once I'm into it the motivation comes again anyway :) Hm about the special stages and final boss, I have no clue. I'll go through the game without collecting any at all and see what happens, maybe even today
Active player (253)
You might as well get the emeralds, because you can't fight the final boss without them. Trust me, I've played the Genesis version a thousand times.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
That's what I thought, but then again, no emeralds were collected in S3&K for the first real run. Of course I love to see 100% completion on games, whether it takes another 7 hours viewing time or not. Well, I don't know about 7 hours but... That's why I like Saturn's RPG movies, I'd like them a lot better If they weren't done in ZSNES, but you can't have everything you want. Oops, guess I've strayed from the topic a bit. Get the emeralds.
Getting the emeralds might be a bit annoying due to the ring collection and backtracking to Knux/Tails to bring you to the stages. You'd also have to pick optimal stages in which to hunt down the rings. The special stages themselves aren't a problem, if a bit boring. Probably the easiest special stages of any Sonic game.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Former player
I sure as hell am not going to do an all-emeralds run. I won't bother with it. IMO the planning-effort that would be necessary for this is far too high in relation to the entertainment value.
I thought that would be the case... oh well, nm. Someone's bound to do one sometime.
It's too bad this isn't the Saturn version. It has a really quick cheat code that gives you all the emeralds and could go by mostly unnoticed. (Hold C when starting the game, then pause and press Z to get them; for those who are curious)
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Active player (277)
Where is Saturn re-recording?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Saturn emulation isn't really that good is it? If it were I'd download a copy of Sonic 3D for it right away. I sold my Sega Saturn, and it was probably the most stupid choice I made.
Former player
I'm at it again First level done: http://nvdata.pilif.ch/Zer0_Sonic3D.gmv
Nice, hope you do more on it, a shame about the emeralds though but never mind. You know that if you don't get the emeralds you just finish the game, well not exactly finish, by ending a level with no boss. It could also be considered not finishing the game. Ooops, shouldn't have gone on like that :P.
Post subject: Sonic 3D Blast TAS (Suddently cancelled)
well, i finally decided to make this TAS because. there's no movie of this game, and it's included in list of ideas. and the fact that i played it before (not TASing it, just played on a SEGA Genesis) and i like it (well it really dont LIKED me as "omg! the coolest game ever!" but, i enjoy it) but there some issues about this TAS since it's no previous movie, it will be a extra about finding glitches and all that. and being my first TAS, i will like to know if there'is any usefull glitch,(and if you know please tell me :D) and obviously being my first TAS :) i'll post WIPS about my progress, so you can tell how bad is :P NOTE: i'll post my progress WIPs here, and then edit it when i got an advance. well, please help me with tips or anything that i can use =) *EDIT= god, i must have thinking in agustina keyra when i wrote that, too much thing that make no-sense:P, thank you for the advice, i think that i correct everything :P
Dreamers Team lead Developer Tell what you want to see in New Bisqwit's Best of Video
LSK
It's great to know that you're TASing this game. Just, please, make sure your spelling is better in future posts.
Player (80)
Hmmm. That's an unusual use of free-verse poetry for practical communication. The periods are a little distracting since they're placed in the middle of sentences, and the spelling could be more canonical. Perhaps it's an artistic statement. Other than that, I'd welcome more posts in this new format. Good luck with the game. It would be impressive to see you fly through the game and successfully catch all the flickies without slowing down. I tried this game but didn't find it interesting enough, but more power to you if you do.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
1 2
5 6