(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
720p encode with custom display (lives counter and current framecount):
  • Aims for fastest maximum lives. That's all.
Suggested screenshot (frame 995):

Memory: claiming for judgment
Memory: Hello FractalFusion, and welcome to TASVideos! Here at TASVideos we have a rule that movies must complete the game. This run does not complete the game in any fashion and as such is unacceptable. Any longstanding community member could tell you that one typically does not submit movies that obviously break this rule outside of April Fools Day. As such, this submission would be better off in userfiles, the forums, or waiting for april fools. Please continue TASing however, as I believe you have a lot of potential.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Player (50)
No, no. This doesn't complete the game. Additionally, it isn't April.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
Player (50)
It is a good TAS, though.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
It’s October 1st, not April 1st.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
I genuinely thought "is it April already?" for a moment. :D Regardless, Yes vote for entertainment. Nice overlay. I have one suggestion though. You should have done it on Super Mario All Stars +SMW to show that this is the fastest way to get this many lives out of all 5 games.
DrD2k9
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (2057)
I don't agree with the maximum lives classification. The lives value clearly rolls over; and thanks to the additional overlay, we can see what the equivalent RAM value is. While this does stop increasing briefly at -8, it restarts increasing later on. Unless I'm missing something, this movie doesn't achieve maximum lives...it only (apparently) achieves the maximum obtainable lives before the first stage timer runs out. Given that the lives counter completely rolls over at least once through all 256 possible values in this video, it can be assumed that further rolling over of this RAM value would be possible using subsequent lives on the same stage. Therefore, this movie fails to achieve what it claims it is because a maximum cannot be defined. Further, as already mentioned. this doesn't beat the game. While interesting, I don't believe this video is publishable. I would be interested to find if increasing the lives value above 0xFF affects the next RAM address value in such a way that may lead to a glitch.
Player (50)
I kind of wish this lead to something interesting as in the game ending.
Editor, Player (163)
In the same week of a FDS lotcheck leak?
Games are basically math with a visual representation of this math, that's why I make the scripts, to re-see games as math. My things: YouTube, GitHub, Pastebin, Twitter
Player (50)
I don't understand.
Experienced player (633)
It has no ending
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I didn't find this entertaining so I voted No.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
Interesting run, but it does not complete game according to TASVideos rules! So, I have to vote No.
I like to comment on submissions and look around the site. You have probably seen me before (if you have been around for a while) either on the site, Discord, or any other social media. I recently took up making temporary encodes for new submissions. Also, I never forget to greet Tompa wherever I find him! "when resyncing stuff sucks it's called Resuccing" - EZGames69 “If an emulator stops being accepted to the site it should be called an emuLAMEr” - EZGames69 "oh no discord, everything I say will now be logged forever, sdfsdf, time to hide" - Masterjun "just had to give therapy to a taxi with daddy issues" - psx Current Projects: Mother 3 (75% complete)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
You'd think someone who has submitted on April Fools in the past would submit this also on April Fools (2021)... especially when the user has been part of the site for so long... April Fools man. April Fools is the time you submit things like these.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (543)
Just to note that FractalFusion is a top tier Judge and TASer since more than 10 years ago. I'm sure he knows his stuff! Also, welcome back Fractal! It is so great to see you again!
Spikestuff wrote:
April Fools is the time you submit things like these.
Exactly! tell'em KEKW
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
McBobX wrote:
Just to note that FractalFusion is a top tier Judge and TASer since more than 10 years ago. I'm sure he knows his stuff!
Except he should know this type of movie is not an acceptable one.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
NGL, I was expecting a bit more of a zinger. This method to obtain 99 lives is quite well known, and there's not much interesting to it other than how fast input ends.
Player (50)
Should've been posted in the userfiles.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
I kinda wish some more time was wasted before starting the loop. Time it so that the counter wraparound gets exactly to 1 when the time runs out, so that the one death in the "Maximum Lives" run actually leads to a game over
Active player (372)
Yes, I found it entertaining. No, I don't think its publishable.
are we're doing the 99lives stuff again ? anyway, glad to see you back
Pokota
He/Him
User Files didn't stop being a thing or anything, by the way.
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Experienced player (543)
EZGames69 wrote:
Except he should know this type of movie is not an acceptable one.
Indeed, but could his account be hacked, or he lost memory? Lol, just kidding, but there must be a reason why he submited this run
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
GamesFan2000
He/Him
The idea of a maximum lives run of any Mario game with a specific trick to get lives quickly isn't interesting enough on its own for this to be entertaining. The Koopa Shell trick is well-known to the larger gaming community and has been for decades. Voting no.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Thanks! At least it's nice to get something submitted after a long time of not doing anything, even if it gets rejected.
Spikestuff wrote:
You'd think someone who has submitted on April Fools in the past would submit this also on April Fools (2021)... especially when the user has been part of the site for so long... April Fools man. April Fools is the time you submit things like these.
Whatever, I was 6 months off. April Fools is overrated anyway. :)
Twisted Eye wrote:
I kinda wish some more time was wasted before starting the loop. Time it so that the counter wraparound gets exactly to 1 when the time runs out, so that the one death in the "Maximum Lives" run actually leads to a game over
Yeah, I actually hoped it would have ended in the negatives for the elusive one-death game over. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose.