Submission Text Full Submission Page

Summary

• "Pacifist" Main Objective
  • Alucard Scenario Sub-Objective
  • Abuses Programming Errors
  • Uses Game Reset Sequence
  • Emulator used: BizHawk (2.5.2)
  • RealTime:28:54.650 GameTime:26:22(last input) Frames:104079 Re-records:79563

Introduction

This run feats finishing the game without killing any monsters, or trick the game into thinking that.
It use the save bug but pick alucard scenario base instead of maria, this mean you have to get the relics and make your way to dracula from a "blank" state (no relic).

Explanation

Character choice

On my previous sub, I was assuming that it was only possible to get the best pacifist by starting with maria, turns out its possible with alucard too.
But to make it work I had to figure a technique to glitch the library boss "gate" in order to get the soul of bat, prior to this discovery it was still impossible to get to the end without killing one boss (bat or medusa).
Richter is still unsuitable because of the 10 mana stat he gets.

SRAM Usage

It is necessary to use "replay" mode to get the duplicator, as its required to skip shaft at the end (with many heart refresh), you must use dirty sram.
The verif movie is placed inside the bk2 directly, its called CV-NitM-unlock-replay.bk2 (advance to frame 47407 to generate the sram)

Flaws, Glitches'n'Routes

• The 4 "events" unlocked in this run are "prologue" "meet death" "meet maria" "meet librarian", I believe its not possible to skip any of those, note that if you start with maria/richter they get all the 5 "exclusive" events unlocked (includes meet maria).
  • Richter and maria are used to reach relics sooner and sequence break everything, despite theres no "stop screen" when you pick one, it function the same than in alucard game, because there is no "alucard game" anyway, everybody use the same everything.
  • It is necessary to "meet maria", because when richter get there, its the cutscene layout, that mean top access are blocked, the room doesnt even have a Y scrolling, you cannot access olrox quarters before you trigger that event basicly.
  • You could just "meet maria" after richter unlock the marble gallery/pick the cube of zoe, but then you will be blocked at outerwall with doppleganger.
  • It is possible to skip richter with a wingsmash, that will trigger the sequence "saved richter", Ive decided to use instead the glitched keep because this mean im not "saving" richter (time attack event).
  • It is possible to go by medusa instead of the bat boss, and it will most probably go faster, because any other sotn run use the medusa route, ive arbitrarly decided to go by clock tower (again).
  • The axe armor, as well as the diamond plate/baseball hat are not required, it was to maximize my DEF and have an alternative to skip the bat, turns out they was pointless as the duplicator offset is still too high and the bat did spin attack directly.
  • In the prologue im taking damage to make my HP as low as possible (75); theres no indication that its required, but for a while I wasnt sure about that, its something you would do by default so that you get lowest HP.
  • Most of the wolf action is done for entertainment and would be slightly slower in most situations.
  • You cannot see it but the damage (from one of the shuriken hits) on dracula is 9999 and its the maximum, to obtain this you need to have a negative luck value, in this run alucard got 11, equiping a duplicator means -10, so you need 2 duplicators to make this work, dracula got 10000hp so the second hit kills him regardless whats the dmg from it.
  • The bestiary showing dracula from prologue is something that unlock in any case scenario, even if you dont do the prologue, the mention on psx run that only dracula is unlocked in bestiary is wrong, anything you "touch" will unlock it, in this run theres 24 total unlock.
  • Compared to the other pacifist run, there is many "touch" and some "hits" on invulnerable monsters (dyplo, plant, golden skull), but no damage is deal to anybody aside dracula like on the other run.
  • Joseph cloak / pink color cape are another "artistic" choice of mine, they arent required.
  • The name input ARUKADO, PACIFIST, TASVIDEO, ZEROBEAT are not necessary of course.
  • The rerecord count is inacurate, im reusing the other pacifist to make the sram, it is actually ~ 30k.

PSX vs Saturn

The psx pacifist run does use "revenge" tech to trick the game into thinking you didnt defeat a monster, and of course cannot obtain all relics like in this run, and feature different routing.
I dont think cross obsoletion should happen, simply because the run paramaters are far too different, instead I think if a psx run can manage to lower the number of (revenge)kills then it should be obsolete with that.
I may attempt that later but no promise on wether its possible or not, I just dont know.

Alucard Scenario vs 1 Touch/2 Hits

Shimata ! I mean ive got near zero hopes that both movies would be accepted, I think it was worth making a new sub tho. So ill let this up to the judge/audiance.

Youtube

The lua script is included in the submision bk2, note you will need the icons subfolder to display them
The left bottom icons are the 4 "events" encountered, on the right the bosses that you skip.

Screenshoots

Time Attack
Status Screen

feos: Judging...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Zakatos
He/Him
Turns out that I found this one very interesting and innovative, thus also very entertaining for my taste. On the other hand the author himself did notice a lot of suboptimal choices of his own, meaning that perhaps we should first update the run before submit it. It also made me wonder if a 100% Richter/Maria run on the Alucard scenario (meaning Richter/Maria beats every single boss, including Alucard's exclusive ones) is possible.
The eyes of a machine are wonderful, but there's nothing like the the eyes of the heart – Old Cid, Cybercop
Experienced player (954)
Zakatos wrote:
It also made me wonder if a 100% Richter/Maria run on the Alucard scenario (meaning Richter/Maria beats every single boss, including Alucard's exclusive ones) is possible.
Yes such a run is possible, I might attempt one later. Because they was very lazy, they made it so that the only difference is when you start new game with richter or maria, they have 5 time attacks unlocked directly. -defeat minotaur, defeat death, defeat sucubus, save richter, meet maria (all set at 00:00:01) if you set those to 0, you will do the bosses when you start with alucard and bug switch to maria or richter, those events are still at zero (locked) note that doing sucubus result in a soft lock, the cutscene doesnt proceed. note also like in this run, if maria or richter try to "meet maria", the access to olrox will be locked as the cutscene cannot proceed like it should. so per say, doing this will get you 2 extra boss, death and minotaur/werewolf (and maria boss too, but she can be access just by doing the statue glitch, shes not part of the 5 unlock, they forgot it I think). maria and richter will inherit alucard stats, so you better not turn on luck mode or you will have 25hp/1mana if you have 75hp/30 mana, then you will be able to perform all of maria spells, except the invulnerability one
Zakatos wrote:
a lot of suboptimal choices of his own
Ok just to be clear, theres indeed a lot "choices" that are suboptimal, but the only one that matters is going by the reverse clock tower instead of chapel, the rest are worth only a couple of frames each(prologue, items, wolf) Also, the run doesnt aim at been the fastest possible, but rather at completing the game without killing or hurting anything, by definition this is a slower behavior than just kill everything, and require extra steps, yet, ive tryed to be as fast as I could, while trying to be a little entertaining, it is more fun I think for exemple that I use richter + maria instead of just maria, or use some wolf instead of just backdashing in the early part. This is more a playaround than purely a speedrun. But the action is at optimal speed within its parameters, or at least to my knowledge extent.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!