Submission Text Full Submission Page
This unlicensed NES port of Earthworm Jim 2, known as the "Shin-Shin" version, was developed by the Ex-Sachen developer team, and was published by NT (also known as Ka-Sheng or Shin-Shin). Compared to the also unlicensed port by Super Game, this version feels more official, however this port's graphics seem to be confused about what perspective they're supposed to be. TAS of short version had been rejected, so I made full version.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.5.2 with TAStudio
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Genre: Platformer
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses easiest difficulty
  • Easy difficulty decreases damage from enemies, so it is able to perform "damage boost" more often

Memory: Judging
Memory: I found some improvements and at least one of them stood out to me as noticeable while viewing. I think this TAS needed some more time put into it. I encourage the author to revisit this.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6988: XTREMAL93's NES Earthworm Jim 2 (Shin-Shin) in 09:43.92
Post subject: Glad to see it
crazyjesse
He/Him
Player (95)
Glad to see the full version! Good job on manipulating the puppy spawns/patterns from Psy-crow to get them there in peak efficiency without losses. Love the spamming of jump with the pigs in the low ceiling areas to give a pinball effect. As an aside it's a shame we can't just mute that high pitched whine. I have no idea why that is in the game. Seriously.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
So I found a couple of small improvements. First is on the staircase stage (frame 5727) where I saved 2 frames. I'm pretty sure more time could come off it, I didn't use ram watch for this. Userfile: User movie #68962010294720545 The second is placing the pig in the barn at around frame 19000. You jump to the barn and spend quite a bit of time in midair, but I place the pig down, walk a little right and pick the pig back up and he is placed in the barn. This saves 20 frames. Userfile: User movie #68962035464123494 I'm pretty sure there are plenty more improvements possible in this game.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Memory wrote:
First is on the staircase stage (frame 5727) where I saved 2 frames.
TASing frame-by-frame in TAStudio i thought it is not possible to shave more frames on this level. But you did it)
Memory wrote:
The second is placing the pig in the barn at around frame 19000. You jump to the barn and spend quite a bit of time in midair, but I place the pig down, walk a little right and pick the pig back up and he is placed in the barn. This saves 20 frames.
Wow, nice find. I didn't realize it.
Memory wrote:
I'm pretty sure there are plenty more improvements possible in this game.
Actually you can save more in Level 3 (Puppy Love) with heavy RAM watch (make Psy-Crow throw puppies as soon as possible and as far as possible). And look at wall jump (or subpixel jump) in video (6:52). Maybe there more places like this. If anyone want to improve it, feel free to use my movie. I don't think that i will return to it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Can you replace file with this, unreject it and re-judge? User movie #69964139650210538 -20 frames thanks to Memory.