(Link to video)
Destroy the alien station before Earth passes directly over the launch trench! Shoot down the alien defenders stalking you. Bomb 5 hot targets, or Earth will be destroyed! Good luck... and good hunting!
Objectives
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Pacifist
  • Genre: Action/Shooter
Difficulty and Speed
With each increment in skill level, you are given less time to bomb all five targets and the alien spaceship AI gets harder. Skill level 5, the hardest skill level with a clear end, was played in the run. There is a sixth skill level but it is an endless survival mode. There are also the "Warp" keys which allow you to change your flight speed. Warp 3 (the fastest) was selected right as the game started.
Why Pacifist? Because destroying the enemy spaceships generates lag. The total time saved between no kills and maximum kills was about half a second.
Ending Input Early
We simply drop the last bomb all the way from the top of the screen. If we continue holding up on the disc, it's possible to clip partially beyond the screen for a bit of extra drop height which was used here as well.

feos: Execution looks good. Feedback was shy and mildly positive, even though from all the currently published INTV movies, no one has more than 3 for entertainment. It's hard to expect this run to get Moons ratings after it's published. But Moons give more exposure, so there's a higher chance of at least getting some ratings, than if it's sent to Vault right away. I'm on the fence about the tier here, however it's a Fastestcompletion goal, so changing the tier can safely be done anytime. Let's send it to Moons and see how it goes. Accepting.
Zinfidel: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #7023: Winslinator's INTV Star Strike in 00:34.20
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
Another one! You are pumping these Intellivision TASes out.
I like to comment on submissions and look around the site. You have probably seen me before (if you have been around for a while) either on the site, Discord, or any other social media. I recently took up making temporary encodes for new submissions. Also, I never forget to greet Tompa wherever I find him! "when resyncing stuff sucks it's called Resuccing" - EZGames69 “If an emulator stops being accepted to the site it should be called an emuLAMEr” - EZGames69 "oh no discord, everything I say will now be logged forever, sdfsdf, time to hide" - Masterjun "just had to give therapy to a taxi with daddy issues" - psx Current Projects: Mother 3 (75% complete)
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1638)
This type of game was created on a number of machines back then, although it was called something different on each. It was a classic. The one I was particularly interested in was the Vic-20 version....which was called Trench Fire. Yes vote. Keep them coming Winslinator!
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
It was really impressive to see a 3D shooter on such a platform! Also short enough to not get repetitive. Yes vote.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
psx
honestly, i just voted yes becuse i was impressed at how they got the screen to shake in a intv game.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [4415] INTV Star Strike by Winslinator in 00:34.20
Zinfidel
He/Him
Player (200)
For future encoders of this video: the audio track really needs to have its volume reduced. I applied a flat 2db reduction for the entire track, and an additional 4db reduction to the last "screen shake" and ending fanfare. Even then, it's still very loud.