Submission Text Full Submission Page
This unlicensed NES port of Earthworm Jim 2, known as the "Shin-Shin" version, was developed by the Ex-Sachen developer team, and was published by NT (also known as Ka-Sheng or Shin-Shin). Compared to the also unlicensed port by Super Game, this version feels more official, however this port's graphics seem to be confused about what perspective they're supposed to be. TAS of short version had been rejected, so I made full version.
  • Memory found "pig trick" in my first submission, so thanks to this i have improved movie.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.6.1 with TAStudio
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Genre: Platformer
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses easiest difficulty
  • Easy difficulty decreases damage from enemies, so it is able to perform "damage boost" more often

Samsara: Earthworm Judging.
Samsara: The damage animation can be cancelled just by firing for a couple of frames, which if applied over the entire run would save a significant amount of time. I'd recommend investigating the game a bit further and really squeezing everything out of it. Tricks like this that are both significant timesavers and easy to find shouldn't be left out. I guess the fourth try's gonna be the charm on this one, eh?
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #7042: XTREMAL93's NES Earthworm Jim 2 (Shin-Shin) in 09:40.53
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I found this pretty dreary and repetitive. I liked the Round 2 bagpipe tune, but the rest of the music was pretty hard to listen to, especially as Jim was just running back and forth repeatedly. My vote is No to entertainment.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
Hate to say it after 3 attempts at submitting this game, but I found a pretty significant new trick while judging this: User movie #70649600500999896 Given how much damage is taken over the course of the run, utilizing this should save a pretty significant amount of time. I feel like this should've been caught sooner: There's a moment in the run where damage is taken while jumping, which doesn't trigger the animation either, and that's what led me into looking for other ways to cancel it.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!