(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page

Final Fantasy 2 warp glitch

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.3

Comments

naming

It doesn't affect you, so you can decide freely within 222 frames.
(The first enemy is a forced defeat event. the earliest frame where the enemy's first attack occurs.)

magic book Equip

Equip a book in the item section of the equipment screen.
Select the item in the battle screen and click
Press A in the weapon field, move the cursor to the book in the item field, and press A to equip the book.
Book of fire party no.4 equip save no.1 filed xpotion See also weapon level attack superdamage(attack to level down) fast speed
book of blink equip attack enemy to move freeze,no move attack enemy 2 count level up

encount cancel

empty save file
Save one step before the encounter, close the menu, and reset at the frame where you can walk.
no empty file
Turn off the power after 1 frame has passed after selecting the save file.
Reset and cancel the title screen after 5 frames have passed.

call of emperor

If you use the fountain of resurrection with a dead person and the level of the book of blink raised,
the event of the emperor's appearance will be referenced instead of the angel's animation.

last town npc block

To get out of the way, you'll need to leave the town once and enter another town's object
It's faster to push the button, so I did it this time.
If you walk outside of the town, you will get an encounter.

video

Special thanks

pirohiko:advice
cheap:call of emperor discovery and RealTimeAttack Use RealROM and RealFamicom
Deepl translation ja to en

GoddessMaria: Judging.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #7049: AmaizumiUni's NES Final Fantasy II in 11:26.49
Player (50)
Yes vote. Why do you have "no sub-frame reset" there? You can't do them on FCEUX anyway, I don't think.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
Yes vote. Very unexpected.
Having to fight the final boss to get a party member resurrected is an interesting game mechanic. The boss dies to an underflowed attack stat or something? How does that work?
Player (104)
When a fourth person equips the Book of Fire The x position on the world map of save data No. 1 will be referenced as the weapon LV. It's about 100. This is why you only see four digits of damage on the screen. In reality, the damage is over 10,000.
Player (50)
That is crazy! I hope that at some point, a TAS that goes through the whole game (not just going to the final boss with the Call of the Emperor) will be made, using this. I also hope more RTA runners will do something like this.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
Nice work! I think this should be labelled as "warp glitch" or something since unbranched is typically reserved for non-majorly glitched runs.
I like to comment on submissions and look around the site. You have probably seen me before (if you have been around for a while) either on the site, Discord, or any other social media. I recently took up making temporary encodes for new submissions. Also, I never forget to greet Tompa wherever I find him! "when resyncing stuff sucks it's called Resuccing" - EZGames69 “If an emulator stops being accepted to the site it should be called an emuLAMEr” - EZGames69 "oh no discord, everything I say will now be logged forever, sdfsdf, time to hide" - Masterjun "just had to give therapy to a taxi with daddy issues" - psx Current Projects: Mother 3 (75% complete)
AmaizumiUni wrote:
When a fourth person equips the Book of Fire The x position on the world map of save data No. 1 will be referenced as the weapon LV. It's about 100. This is why you only see four digits of damage on the screen. In reality, the damage is over 10,000.
Thanks, that's crazier than I expected.
Player (21)
The main part of the run was very well executed, even if a bit repetitive at times. The ending definitely makes up for it though, and finishes this run on a high note. Yes vote.
Player (104)
xxezrabxxx wrote:
Nice work! I think this should be labelled as "warp glitch" or something since unbranched is typically reserved for non-majorly glitched runs.
OK deleted no ACE no subflame reset
Post subject: my tas slow to cancel submit
Player (104)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!