1 2
18 19
Post subject: The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Active player (432)
One of the most anticipated movie of this year. But I'm a bit confused of what to think on this presumably touchy subject: Link can apparently, transform into a wolf.. What is your opinion about it? And any other thoughts?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Eh, he's turned into other creatures before, I don't see any problem with it. I've heard it controlling similar to Okami, and from what video I've seen of that game, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. In the end, I'll definitely be getting the game, despite the graphics. Also, since it's relevant, I'm posting this image (sorry for stealing josh!)
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Active player (277)
I'm anticipating that Wand of Gamelon thingy
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
I was just about to make this thread. Does anyone else see Link becoming more and more Japanified? Not that there's a problem with that...
Player (36)
Ramzi wrote:
I was just about to make this thread. Does anyone else see Link becoming more and more Japanified? Not that there's a problem with that...
Because, you know, it wasn't a game from Japan to begin with.....
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Active player (277)
Yeah but see, he was non-Japanese before
Player (36)
So I just watched the trailer... I'm currently wondering if EB games is taking advance orders for it yet...
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
TSA
Hmm...sequence breaks in Forest Temple already in my head...skipping bridge break cutscene by dropping down...using backflips to bypass certain small walls...boss battle trick I want to try out... ::whistles::
Active player (277)
What, they bring back the Forest Temple? You mean I have to guess which picture Gannnonn'll pop out of AGAIN?
Former player
Ramzi wrote:
Does anyone else see Link becoming more and more Japanified?
What do you mean? Are you talking about the theme, or Link transforming into a wolf? I think the whole playing as a wolf thing was a wicked idea. It adds another level of play to the game, along with the fighting on horseback. I’m already booking a few weeks off just so I can stay home and play this thing when it comes out. XD
Former player
I think Ramzi was talking about Link's appearance as it relates to certain genotypes shown by one's ethnic background. I would be more interested if anyone else sees Link becoming more androgynous with each passing game. (For those who aren't fluent in english, androgyny ~ having characteristics that are hard to define as male or female. read: Michael Jackson or "It's just Pat!")
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Zurreco wrote:
I would be more interested if anyone else sees Link becoming more androgynous with each passing game.
Androgyny is synonymous with beauty.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Player (36)
Hmmm... Zelda 1: Zelda 2: Zelda 3 & 4: Zelda 5 & 6: Zelda 7: Zelda 8,9 & 10: Zelda 11: If anything Link seems to be getting less Japanese, his hair is more blond, his eyes are blue instead of brown. And, aside from the dreadful fuckup that was the character design for TWW, Link also appears to be becoming more realistic as time goes on. Though he is also becoming more bishounen as time goes by as well. With some good The Wind Waker loticon thrown in there for good measure. But he's certainly not someone I'd mistake for a girl, so it's not nearly as bad as it could be.
Active player (432)
He kinda looks like Frodo...
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Boco wrote:
Zurreco wrote:
I would be more interested if anyone else sees Link becoming more androgynous with each passing game.
Androgyny is synonymous with beauty.
"Well, thats like, your opinion, man."
Editor, Active player (296)
Zurreco wrote:
Maybe so, but I think that's a good thing. It pleases people of both genders, being both attractive and familiar at once. It also makes distance from gender roles: a gender-neutral character can act both masculine (bold, powerful, logical, charismatic) and feminine (expressive, emphatic, careful). The only thing that doesn't fit together with androgyny is the classic "save the princess / maid / girlfriend" goal.
Active player (277)
That reminds me: Doesn't Link's hairstyle look a lot like Inuyasha's in some of those pictures?
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
And, aside from the dreadful fuckup that was the character design for TWW,
More like Samurai Jack!
Hmm... Time to organize my thoughts. In the videos released for Twilight Princess, I think Link looks more Japanese, in terms of phyical appearance, when he is a sheperd. When he is in his classical green tunic, the change is not noticable. Maybe when ZHQ2 goes back up I'll find some screenshots to compare and contrast. Zelda 1 didn't really have detailed graphics or plot... I think the lacking allowed us as players to fill in whatever was missing with our own schemas and imaginations. Zelda 2, 3, and 5 though... absolutely give me a Medieval feel. Swords, shields, arrows. Occassional scorcery. And the towns (and townspeople)! Link, in these games, reminds me of characters like Frodo or Robin Hood. I started to "fall out" of the series from Majora's Mask. Transformations and Tingles weren't my style. It seems that every Zelda game since Majora's Mask is adding more and more from Japanese culture. In terms of goals, characters, animations, etc. Don't ask me to support this thesis. I haven't really played the games after Majora's Mask. I've only seen screenshots and art. Maybe I'm completely off base. The change appears to follow a trend; namely, the rise in popularity of Japanese culture in the states. For example, if you looked at some American TV shows from the late 80's/early 90's, you'll see shows like Ducktales and Tiny Toons. Nowadays, if you watch Saturday morning TV shows -- now correct me if I'm wrong because I have not waking up early on a Saturday in years -- you'll see more anime. Yu-Gi-Oh, and the like. It doesn't surprise me that Nintendo, a Japanese company, would release a game, Zelda, with a white hero. Well, if Nintendo is Japanese, and the game creators are Japanese, how come the hero isn't also? They had to market the game to an American audience. And the American audience was not comfortable with Japanese heroes. I've never compiled a list or anything, but how many games were developed with white heroes as opposed to black or Asian in the 2D era? Men to women? In recent years, has the number of games with non-white main characters in the US increased? If so, I suggest the reason for this is: game developers do not need to create only white game characters to market in America because Japanese culture is now popular in America. Just for clarity, I'm only making an observation. I'm not trying to alienate anyone or be racist. But whenver race is discussed there is always some tension in the air. Hopefully no one misconstrued what I said as being racist. Personally, I would prefer a Medieval atmosphere, but that's just me. I was asking to see if anyone else noticed this change. Thoughts?
Former player
Essentially, the world is moving towards a 'world culture' rather than nationally defined identities. I really don't have a stance on this.
Former player
As far as I can tell, most games and anime have always had white main characters. Even if they’re a non-white race, they are still drawn to look white. Only high budget anime series or movies seem to include other races for their characters. It’s always been like that, don’t ask me why. In regards to games, I think it wasn’t until PS or PS2 came out that they were able to make the characters look “more Japanese” with the detailed CG cutscenes. I don’t find the new artwork for Link to be more Japanese though. If they made Link Japanese, he would probably look like Tidus, then they could have Square do the character designs. That might be interesting to see. Ramzi, I don’t think anyone should be offended or think you’re racist just because you use the terms White, Non-White, Japanese and American in your discussion. It’s not like those terms or your arguments are derogatory or meant to insult anyone.
TSA
Twilight Princess (2005): http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10001/e3_link_art_2.jpg Ocarina of Time (1998): http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10001/hires07.gif A Link to the Past (1992): http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10001/link%7E0.gif The Legend of Zelda (1987): http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10001/linkburden.gif I think Link has not only become more detailed and less cheesy cartoon looking to a more refined style that reflects Japanese manga. He is beginning to look a bit like the Final Fantasy "pretty boys", though, which means he is beginning to become a bit more androgenous...but I would argue before he was so plain and simple, many mistook him for a girl anyway (skirt and long hair). I do believe he has gotten more "muscular" with time.
Former player
many mistook him for a girl anyway
and so many called him Zelda!
Active player (432)
Ladies and gentlemen, we are now dealing with a big time celeb 0_o Thats right, TSA is a well known person by both the Nintendo staff and also the creators of Zelda. But thats certainly not all, you ALL should definitely read the link: http://www.zhq2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4922 And see how far you can go with speedrunning, motivation, determination and so on.. TSA, add me to the whole bunch of people who worships you ;) Congratulations on your trip to Tokyo ^_^
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Arc wrote:
natt wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
Wow, that's pretty sweet. Congrats :)
Wow, and to think i could say I know TSA, well not personally of course. Hey TSA, how'd you like to come round to my house :P J/K I've been thinking, maybe I should get out my SNES and do an LTTP run, or try at least. Of course I'd probably have to be perfect to beat TSA and i haven't even finished the game yet... So It'll be a while, although since I last played the game my gaming skills have increased considerably. Oh, and no I'm not doing this so I can see Twilight Princess early, I'll do it for the next game :P Only joking, I just want to see how good I am. Maybe I should change my name to AJB... Anyway, back to topic. I'll probably be flamed but I actually didn't mind the graphics of WW. It sure was an easier game than the other zeldas mind you, I hope this one isn't as easy. I'd welcome a real challenge in gaming at the moment, no offense intended.
1 2
18 19