emulator used: fceu-0.98.12-blip.win

- uses no warps
- 1 person controls 2 characters
- aims for quick completion, but uses some frames for entertainment
- abuses programming errors in the game
- manipulates luck

Here is the last missing version of battletoads: 2 players - warpless. This was the hardest movie i ever made as i had to control 2 characters while trying to keep up with phil and genisto's tricks and movements.

I tried to give player 2 a lot of lives and kill him on different, interesting, intriguing ways. There may be some places where it will be hard to understand what is going on ^_^ i think thats good.

At this game, the second controller doesnt work on level 11. So player 2 has to gameover there. He comes back on level 12.

This movie uses a lot of tricks and bugs, phil asked me to help him write a tricks page for this game before i started doing this run, but i think that after making this i have more knowledge to do that. Lets see what we can make :) stay tuned

Unfortunatelly, the game has a lot of lag on 2 players mode, so the time ended up being slower than the 1p warpless run (if it had same lag as 1p, it would have been faster, despite the forced gameover). But its more entertaining, i hope. Enjoy!

Note: i didnt end the movie recording as soon as possible, i recorded some action after defeating dark queen, so the movie would be some seconds faster if i ended earlier

DeHackEd: I came, I laughed, I encoded.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #693: nesrocks's NES Battletoads "2p warpless" in 24:57.47
Active player (253)
Obvious yes vote. I liked how you made level 11 more exciting.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Player (84)
WOOOOO.. Greatly done.. I hated the lag in the swimming level though :(.. that level i found boring.. All the rest.. Excellent.. YES!!!!
Hoe
I laughed, I cried, I voted yes.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Wow, another gutbusting 'toads run. The ending you added is definitely fitting, after Zitz gets picked on the whole game through. So it's really not faster to kill any of the robots in the terra tubes to reduce lag? Also, I think this would be pushing the limits of calling it a 2-player run, but could you kill Zitz off in the tubes, and sit him out until the tower? Or do you need both of them alive to glitch the rat race effectively? 2 players seems to be a big disadvantage in the tubes. Anyway, this is definitely an instant classic, great job.
Comedy gold, man. Comedy gold. *votes yes*
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Yea, axeman, not having player 2 on level 9 would be faster, but then as you said, it wouldnt really be a complete 2 players run would it? :) About the robots, maybe it could have made it faster, but i already had level 11 completed when i realized the lag there was that great. As i have future plans for another 2p battletoads run, i will leave it as it is for now, sorry!
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Hehehe. Kicking the other guy into the hole on the snake level is funny.
            *TONK*
           /
          /
         /
*SMACK!*
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
10 deaths for Player 1, 17 for Player 2 (if anyone was wondering). Fastest or not, this is my favorite Battletoads video. Vote = yes
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
actually, its 19 for player 2 can you find them all? :) the stats are these: - player 1 dies 10 times, out of which only 3 were actually detucted form lives count - player 2 dies 19 times, out of which 14 were detucted from lives count - player 1 max score was 926900 - player 2 max score was 509400 (+042750, after gameover) - player 1 maximum lives in reserve was 33 (at dark queen) - player 2 maximum lives in reserve was 5
Impressive indeed. Sorry though for the lag. I'll give it a Yes!
Bein' away for like five years, and not a single new post in the ZSNES forum... :'-(
This run deserves an award for most entertaining deaths ever, or most comedic run. Great job FODA, this is the most entertaining Battletoads run yet, IMO.
I now have a new avatar, thanks to this masterpiece. =P *boots his old av into the hole marked "OUT"*
Active player (410)
Evidently, I have voted yes.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
FODA wrote:
actually, its 19 for player 2 can you find them all? :)
Wow, the two deaths for P2 I missed were the VERY FIRST TWO. Maybe I was eating some Cheez-Its instead of watching the first level or something.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Editor, Active player (296)
I'm not interested of this game, but the comments and submission text on this page highly make me curious of this movie...
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Bisqwit, this is the best version of a 2 player battletoads movie, and is also the best version of a warpless battletoads movie. The original idea was, on lack of space for so many battletoads runs, that we have only this one and phil's and genisto's 1p waprfull run. Unless the site has space for all four, but i personaly dont recommend. Lets just have these 2. Edit: but.... i would suggest these movies be published sooner? Strider Lion King Rolling Thunder Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt Street Fighter 2010
Active player (432)
don't forget Saturn's streetfighter run.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [355] NES Battletoads "warpless, 2 players" by nesrocks in 24:57.47
Former player
this was fantastic from what i could see up until level 7 .. in level 6 kicknig player 2 into the exit hole was hilarious... . then looks like thers a problem i could not watch the rest of the movie and im sure i was using the right rom..... its like the game randomness changed and the rerecording stopped syncing in level 7
Former player
Make sure you are using a similar version of the emulator... if you are using fceu-0.98.15/.16 on a movie made on fceu-0.98.12, it tends to desync.
Truncated wrote:
Truncated is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. -- xoinx
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I wtf'd, I adored, I yes'd! Also, I encoded: Playlist Part 1 Part 2 upd: fixed encode [sound]
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.