Submission Text Full Submission Page
Snes9X v1.43+ for Windows Use WIP1 Timing Allow Left+Right / Up+Down Volume Envelope Height Reading I currently do not see any pogramming errors that I can take advantage of during gameplay. I did however use luck manipulation, where ever possible.
My aim for this game was to:
  • (1)Complete every level at the highest difficulty as fast as possible.
  • (2)To make the run entertaining, and
  • (3)attain the highest score possible without losing time.
Kirby's Avalanche is a tetris based game where you use various colors of blobs to match and make combos, both to score and to pile-drive your opponent with an avalanche of colorless blobs. You goal is to defeat King Dedede and become the Avalanche Champion.
This movie was hard to make. This game is only random until you start the match. Depending on how I pressed the buttons before entering a match I get a certain set of blobs that appear in a predetermined order. Though frustrating at times I used this to my advantage, making the player appear as though he can tell the future. This movie is entertaining because it is played on it's hardest skill level, and at the fastest rate possible. This can be seen by the constantly rising score due to the player constantly holding down (1 point is gained for each block that the player passes through while holding down.). While advancing from opponent to opponent it is possible to enter the battle without ever seeing them in the pre-tourny dialog, but only for one frame. This seemed to save a lot of time. My only regret is that I didn't press start for the last time bonus. :(
My seemingly very low re-record is count mostly because I used a run that I had perviously made to study my flaws, and the predetermined blobs helps a lot for that. :P

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #705: DonamerDragon's SNES Kirby's Avalanche in 08:22.98
Wow... just... wow. Seriously. That is just impressive. It would be great if this was published, so a big YES from me.
Voting meh. The movie is pretty good, but this game isn't very entertaining to watch. Every level is pretty much the same. There are also some combo's that are (look?) too big, that costs a few seconds. I think it'd be more interesting to set a goal in practice mode, like fastest to 100000 points. There's more variation in that.
Editor, Active player (296)
Besides that this movie is faster than Tuggummi's movie, how does this differ from it? Are they in different category?
Player (104)
Yes, I do realize that some of the combos look overkill. I went through possible combo's multiple times. In Kirby's Avalanche the difference between getting a 4 combo and a 5 combo can be VERY big. If I had gone with the lesser combo then my opponent would not be defeated as fast and I'd be wasting time..so I took the greater combo and ended up overkilling a couple of times. I do agree that the levels are similar; the real difference is the default speed, which obviously increases with each passing opponent. For anyone that has played on the hardest level and understands that the chance of winning is very small no matter how good you are, this can be quite interesting to watch. That's actually why I wanted to do it, so I could see the hardest computers beaten with god-like speed and reflexes, hehe. This is my first time attack video. I did a previous run of this game and improved greatly on my second try. My first run was 8:58 vs. my 8:23 now. :)
Soft Blue Dragon
Player (104)
It was worth a shot. I didn't know the movie existed though I had searched for it. It was meant to be a general run of the game, something to try for a first time.
Soft Blue Dragon
Editor, Active player (296)
Can someone answer my question in the previous post?
Player (104)
Ok, I'll give that a shot one more time. I'm new at this...sorry. Yes, it goes under the same catergory as the previously submitted movie. he attempts to beat the game at the fastest time and at the same difficulty. the concept is exactly the same and there is only once difference. You can in fact manipulate luck in this game, boulder blobs can be affected, and the set of blobs you get can be affected, though not after the battle begins.
Soft Blue Dragon