Submission Text Full Submission Page
I used VisualBoyAdvance under the GB setting.
   * Uses warps
   * Abuses the map warp glitch heavily
   * Manipulates luck to save time
   * Takes Damage but cannot be helped due to the glitch.
   * Uses game restart sequence 
My aim for this game was to complete it as fast as possible. I take no damage until I am on the final stairs. Due to the glitch this cannot be helped.
This game was discussed but I don't see it anywhere! So I made my own.
Links Awakening is an adventure game where Link must collect instroments in order to wake the wind fish and find his way off Koholint Island.
I completed this game without collecting any instroments! The only Item I collect is the L-1 sword. The method for beating this game seems to be well known, and am shocked that I don't see a time attack for it. Thanks to David Wonn for his well known glitches. ( http://kontek.net/davidwonn/ ). The only difference between what he features and what I did was that when warping to the level 8 in-game warp: You do not have to restart the game then, rather falling on the right hole will warp you straight to that warp! That saves a lot of time. This game was hard because luck manipulation was very random it seemed. I wasn't fighting the game to create just a good path, I was fighting the game to glitch right as well. When I am fighting the Aghanims it appears that I waste time by missing the first set of balls. You cannot hit him then, you are only fighting the "invisible" one (there are two). I don't see where this time could improve very much.
_EDIT:_ It looks as though I waste time by hammering on the buttons, mostly I did this so link wasn't just standing there. After I pass through the nightmares layor the second time heading north, I have to wait for him to come into action or the game will make me fight him (which I cannot do with only a sword). Second, when i am fighting the Aghanims: I found that they didn't like to both shoot balls at the same time, rather one would shoot the exploding bomb type thing and the other would shoot a ball etc. My movements and apparent lack of competence was the only way that I personally could make the balls shoot right. On top of that, I then had to make the game glitch so that i was fighting the worms (so there is only one axe fighter and a floating axe.) Which proved fun.
I didn't add the ending rant by the owl and the wind fish last time...MY BAD! Sorry about that...I thought it was unimportant. Yeah I'm still a newbie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Now that you fixed it, this gets a yes vote from me.
SWOOOOOOOM
I was going to vote Meh on your older run since you didn't include the owl ranting at the end, but this time you get a YES from me. :) I just wish I could vote, though... so a verbal (typed?) vote will have to do.
Active player (277)
Just make a whole bunch more posts until you gain the ability! Abuse the system! LOLORZ
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Just make a whole bunch more posts until you gain the ability! Abuse the system! LOLORZ
And get banned? I don't think so. XD Off-topic, I know. I'll be a good little boy and be quiet. :(
Editor, Active player (296)
Sketchie wrote:
so a verbal (typed?) vote will have to do.
Yup, that's good. Most important, actually.
Editor, Active player (296)
DonamerDragon, how about you go and cancel the submission you didn't intend to submit. I see two in RecentChanges. Either one of them is superfluous. Edit: nevermind, you were faster than my eyes.
Player (104)
Yeah sorry Bisqwit. I'll get the hang of this eventually.
Soft Blue Dragon
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
My only objection is that you seem to hammer the buttons in some places, instead of finding the earliest frame where the game accepts input. For example when getting out of the bed in the very beginning. That and I have no clue what's going on in the final battle. You didn't even kill the last form of the boss but the staircase still appeared. I guess it's part of the bug somehow.
Does it work on GBC version? If so, why not choose GBC rom as a movie source?
The glitch only works in the GB version. And GBC version would be slower, as you can't skip text.
I won't give up unless my victory is assured!
Former player
You could have started attacking Ganon immediately when he changes into his staff-wielding form, instead of waiting several seconds. Just for reference, check the last post in the Link's Awakening topic for an example that is 13 seconds faster than this (many thanks to Bladegash for supplying the backup archive which I stupidly deleted all trace of from my hard drive). Use the "Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening (V1.2) (U) [!]" rom. You did find a faster and better way of saving time when getting the sword, and it looked to me the path to the staircase at the end was reached sooner, so good job on that. The biggest problem is the needless wait before attacking Ganon...fix that and it will surely be faster than mine!
Player (104)
Truncated wrote:
My only objection is that you seem to hammer the buttons in some places, instead of finding the earliest frame where the game accepts input. For example when getting out of the bed in the very beginning. That and I have no clue what's going on in the final battle. You didn't even kill the last form of the boss but the staircase still appeared. I guess it's part of the bug somehow.
*nods* I know that it looks that way. I went through a lot of possible ways to make the game glitch right. I will edit the submission with them, if that helps.
Soft Blue Dragon
I have been waiting a long time for this movie. It seemed obvious that someone would do it as soon as a Game Boy emulator with re-recording was available. Unfortunately, I have not gotten the emulator to work, so I'm waiting impatiently for this (or any improvement) to get published.
Player (104)
Yeah, anyone up to beating this, please feel free. I know I am a newbie and admit my weakness in skill :P
Soft Blue Dragon