• Recorded with FCEU
  • Fastest time to beat the game
  • Takes damage to save time
As the old movie description said: "This game is really fast-paced. Do a timeattack on it, and... see yourself :)". Well, I gave it a try, and indeed it is (minus lag at times) ... and I improved the time as well.
It's a whole 1:28 faster, mostly from doing the last level much better (by over 30 seconds) and not waiting 40 seconds at the ending before stopping (the old one did that, and all you get at the ending anyway is easy access to the full game soundtrack, which is the 4 songs played in levels). So it's actually about 45 seconds faster through the game.
I haven't found any useful glitch, except for a small shortcut through a wall (I wish there was a way to do walljumping or go through walls anywhere, since that'd open some huge shortcuts), but it's still a very fast platform game that's actually quite hard normally, especially at the end.
I get hit several times and even die twice, but all at places where avoiding it would take longer, one of the hits even pushed me ahead. Dying only adds a few more seconds than getting hit (which adds 1-2 seconds), and the second death happens during a waiting period (so no time wasted) to avoid dying later.

Bisqwit: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #722: Acmlm's NES The Blues Brothers in 04:51.98
Player (104)
I am not really sure about this movie. I think that at least one of two deaths was unintentional and wasted time. Other then that I just didn't think it was very entertaining, though hard to play...
Soft Blue Dragon
Experienced player (527)
The first death was because avoiding it would take a while, and I'd die anyway at the end of the level ... avoiding either of the first 2 hits or getting the life up (which is right in the way but has a delay before activating) would waste just as much time. The second death seems totally unneeded at first, but it's to refill my life (while waiting for the moving platform) so that I don't die at the end where I need to get hit twice. So I'd be losing a few seconds otherwise ...
Former player
good god... what speed did you record that on? my friend showed me it a few months ago (game) and i couldnt believe how fast it was at 100% anyhow, the deaths seem well enough thought out, and its improved over the previous run, so YES. though, were you Jake or Elwood or were you just some random guy in a Black Suit and Hat (and glasses, dont dare forget the glasses)?
Player (104)
Ok, that explains a lot. I will give it a meh :)
Soft Blue Dragon
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Yes, because it was a short movie.
Active player (277)
/*- wrote:
though, were you Jake or Elwood or were you just some random guy in a Black Suit and Hat (and glasses, dont dare forget the glasses)?
You can play as Jake, Elwood, or both at once (2 players), though I don't think there's any special advantage in playing as one or the other or both.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Come on now. 45 seconds better for a 5 minute movie deserves better than a meh. I voted Yes.
Experienced player (527)
I picked Jake (by default), but both characters play exactly the same way. And the only advantage with 2 players is that I could play the entire level off screen to delay/disable enemies and spikes (which would be funny, but not so interesting to watch) ... else they'd either follow the exact same path and lag the game a little more, or one of them would get lost behind and it'd be like 1 player. And as usual, this was mostly done with frame advance for precision, and 50% or 100% otherwise ...
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [364] NES The Blues Brothers by Acmlm in 04:51.98