Submission Text Full Submission Page
500 years ago, Shang Tsung was banished to the Earth Realm. With the aid of Goro he was to unbalance the furies and doom the planet to a chaotic existence.
By seizing control of the Shaolin Tournament he tried to tip the scales of order towards chaos. Only seven warriors survived the battles and Shang Tsung's scheme would come to a violent end at the hands of Liu Kang.
Facing execution for his failure and the apparent death of Goro, Tsung convinces Shao Kahn to grant him a second chance.
Shang Tsung's new plan is to lure his enemies to compete in the Outworld where they will meet certain death by Shao Kahn himself.
Snes9xC
Round 1===93-90-92-91-90-91-93-90-90-91-92-91-81-85
Round 2===92-92-90-91-91-92-90-91-90-89-92-92-83-85

Bisqwit: Apparently, you submitted twice. I deleted the first submission and updated this submission's ID to match the first one's.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #727: sliverjazz's SNES Mortal Kombat II in 10:11.88
Arc
Editor, Experienced player (768)
I want to see the babalities/friendships/fatalities and other secrets of the game, even though they would make the movie be longer.
Ok if you all think that would be better way or want me to use another character tell me.
Well, let's see. You do the exact same move every single fight. I believe that a fighting game can make an interesting speedrun, but this isn't how you do it. Why don't you try Killer Instinct and juggle the crap out of opponents and do crazy Ultras and Ultimates? That was always a crowd pleaser in the arcades. You might want to delete your duplicate entry.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Ok if you all think that would be better way or want me to use another character tell me.
this is sensitive to double posting im on 14.4k
Player (67)
It just wasn't very entertaining. That's partly the game's fault, but also because you used like 3 moves in the entire game. I think there's a way to play as Shang Tsung in this game. Then you can transform into any character and use their moves and I think their fatalaties, too. If you did a different fatalaty every round, or almost any round, and used a good variety of moves, it would be much more fun to watch. On the bright side, I finally got to see the ending of this game. The credits are a bit humorous.
Quietust
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Blublu wrote:
I think there's a way to play as Shang Tsung in this game.
He's one of the 12 playable characters - Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Sub Zero, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Jax, Mileena, Baraka, Scorpion, Ra[i/y]den. I believe he can perform other characters' fatalities, too, which would make for a much more interesting run.
* Quietust, QMT Productions P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
Active player (432)
Fatalities makes the run much longer, which I highly don't recommend, also if he uses only one type of fighting style, then he simply should find 2-3 other fighting styles so that the audience can be pleased while maintaining good speed.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
I would go for a Shang Tsung movie. And yes he can perform the others fatalities. Pick one character and try to make it as entertaining as possible each fight and with a nice fatality in the end. :) that could be alot more interesting.
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
I gotta say that fighting games should go for neat tricks/stunts and entertainment before speed. (Speed would still be an important secondary goal)
Active player (277)
A genre for "playarounds", right?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (84)
Why don't you try Killer Instinct and juggle the crap out of opponents and do crazy Ultras and Ultimates? That was always a crowd pleaser in the arcades.
I agree.
Nsm
I want to see you fightning smoke/jade/noob saibot in a unique run too :[, I never fight with this caractheres when i played MKII, beat all fighters i think would be more fun ^^, with fatalies/babatilies/etc of course!
Nsm wrote:
I want to see you fightning smoke/jade/noob saibot in a unique run too :[, I never fight with this caractheres when i played MKII, beat all fighters i think would be more fun ^^, with fatalies/babatilies/etc of course!
Um... hmm Jade's easy, so is Smoke... but isn't Noob Saibot at like 50 wins? Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Player (70)
We do have a mortal kombat thread with guide lines for some of the games. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1402 However I don't have the combo video anymore I'm affraid. This is the link to the combo video. Damn awesome. But the link doesn't work anymore. http://konqrr.com/mk2/mk2konqrr.zip
SXL
actually, there are now several mk topics, so some things get repeated... personnaly, I don't see much interest in a tas of a fighting game. we all agree that time can't be the goal for such games, because you'd just have to pull out very repetitive perfect rounds. as for play around or aesthetics, there are already many non-tool assisted sites and movies. I already posted one in that topic : http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2273 (direct link : http://nki.combovideos.com/ ) the usual rule of this site is that, you don't submit a (tool assisted) movie that's sloppier than one done without tools. those a numerous and already close to perfection, so even without watching this submission, I'll say that it's pointless. try to do better than NKI's movies. good luck.
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS