Submission Text Full Submission Page
Which emulator you used? FCE Ultra Which emulator settings? None
Do you use warps or passwords? None
What kind of programming errors do you abuse in the game? Making the game believe i passed through 1/2 the game.
Do you use death? Yes
What are your aims? Fastest possible
Please describe the game briefly. One of the weirdest NES games out there. They are releasing a new Boy And His Blob for the NINTENDO DS. Wonder how thats going to look.
Please describe the making of the movie. What was hard? Why would anyone like the result? After watching a video on the wall glitch, I tried it out with the help of Ketchup jellybeans. Instead of going down where the pot of junk is I just notice that they wont appear if you dont go down there so I just threw a Ketchup right next to the edge and then drew a bridge across. Now ~12 seconds faster.

Bisqwit: I'm rejecting this submission, because someone has surpassed the record this movie represents.
For reference, I quote the Guidelines:
Don't get caught of being uneducated of the game you play. Search the Internet and find out everything that matters: tricks, routes, maps, charts, bugs and existing records.
And the Rules:
A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records If your movie is going to beat something, be sure it beats it. If your tool-assisted movie is slower than the non-toolassisted world record of the game you play, your movie will almost certainly be rejected.
In that light, I'd like to take the opportunity to say this to GuanoBowl:
Until you reach the length of 3:37 (the movie that has beaten your record, although not yet submitted for some reason), you should not submit any more test runs. We(I) appreciate high quality/noise ratio.
But I congratulate you for trying!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #745: GuanoBowl's NES A Boy and His Blob in 03:59.65
Former player
Once again i stopped the movie late. Sorry about that, i hit save instead of stop. Haha, what a food i am. Just a couple of different things i did to speed things up for my blob and i.
Change my sig. again, and I will murder your pet fish.
I love the way you write. You are not a food. That was pretty clever figuring out that you could use a bridge instead of falling down the hole. This run is getting pretty polished. I vote Yes.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
I vote no because I know that soon there will be a submission with a time of 3:37.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
I don't think you should vote on the merit of another movie that doesn't exist yet, but rather only on the merit of this movie.
I vote yes -- simply because it's an improvement over the last. Who cares about what's coming up next? Let everyone here enjoy this 4:00 run till the next arrival. EDIT: Rather, I would, but voting privaleges don't exist for my account :\
Well, my point is the 3:37 run already exists, and while it hasn't been submitted yet, it still means this movie is worse than what's available.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Player (65)
Vote no. It's not a significant enough improvement of the last one to warrant publication in the time before the improved version gets published. In fact, not only should the author cancel this submission, he probably shouldn't have submitted it in the first place.
If life were an RPG, I'd be an NPC.
Former player
quietkane wrote:
In fact, not only should the author cancel this submission, he probably shouldn't have submitted it in the first place.
How is this not an improvement? I stopped the movie late again and its at least 12 seconds faster. But whatever, you guys are the ones voting...... Official PFFFF Stamp of Approval by me. Im going to get stoned. Peace.
Change my sig. again, and I will murder your pet fish.
Editor, Active player (296)
TBMonkey wrote:
I don't think you should vote on the merit of another movie that doesn't exist yet, but rather only on the merit of this movie.
Not really. I'll quote the Guidelines: > Don't get caught of being uneducated of the game you play. > Search the Internet and find out everything that matters: > tricks, routes, maps, charts, bugs and existing records. I'll also quote the Rules: > A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records > If your movie is going to beat something, be sure it beats it. > If your tool-assisted movie is slower than the non-toolassisted world > record of the game you play, your movie will almost certainly be rejected. Failure in accomplishing potential is a good reason to reject a submission. In that light, I'd like to say this to GuanoBowl: I'm not sure what's the talk about the a BoyAndBlob movie of 3:3x, but until you reach that length, you should not submit any more test runs. We(I) appreciate high quality/noise ratio.
Player (36)
umm... 200 rerecords, and you couldn't use an extra one to stop the movie at the right time? And you stopped it 12 seconds late? At the speeds that you should be playing that's well over a minute. Did you use slowdown? What about frame advance?
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
quietkane wrote:
Vote no. It's not a significant enough improvement of the last one to warrant publication in the time before the improved version gets published. In fact, not only should the author cancel this submission, he probably shouldn't have submitted it in the first place.
Give me a mother[Bisqwit would edit this anyway]ing break. We are going to have several submissions published in a row improving a boring ass game like Donkey Kong by mere frames, and now five seconds of saved time doesn't warrant a new publishing?
Bisqwit wrote:
> Don't get caught of being uneducated of the game you play. > Search the Internet and find out everything that matters: > tricks, routes, maps, charts, bugs and existing records.
What about the first videos of Mega Man 2 that didn't use zipping to its fullest extent? Where do we draw the line here? Why don't you all just stop whining - it's a five second improvement, no matter how many mistakes you find. If anyone doesn't think it's "enough of an improvement", then that person should make their own run and shut the hell up. Rejecting this movie is a ridiculous and ignorant idea.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Editor, Active player (296)
jxq2000 wrote: > We are going to have several submissions published in a row > improving a boring ass game like Donkey Kong by mere frames Donkey Kong movies have only been published when they were the fastest records known so far. As for A Boy and His Blob, I recommend authors submitting less of their incomplete tries and more of the best possible movies. > What about the first videos of Mega Man 2 that didn't use > zipping to its fullest extent? Where do we draw the line here? There have been only two published Mega Man 2 videos. When the first one was published (it wasn't even submitted, I took the liberty of importing it myself), nothing was known of the existence of those zipping tricks. > it's a five second improvement More than that, but it has already been beaten. Therefore, I'm now rejecting the submission.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!