This Punch-out movie does not abuse the clock-stopping glitch. Otherwise, it aims for fastest clock time (which is not always the fastest in real time). The following opponents are improved from the published Phil & Genisto movie:
  • Piston Honda 1: 0:40.25 (from 0:42.82)
  • Don Flamenco 2: 0:58.99 (from 1:00.48)
  • Mr. Sandman: 2:19.00 (from 2:19.25)
  • Macho Man: 0:45.25 (from 0:46.48)
In addition, the following were improved aesthetically Glass Joe - obtains and uses star to KO him (instead of regular punch) Bald Bull 2 - gets 2 more stars and causes him to throw one less punch (looks cleaner)
In addition, it is faster in real time by a modest 32 frames. The reason it is only 32 frames is because some of the strategy changes resulted in a faster clock time but slower real time.

Summary

• Uses FCEU 0.98.12
  • No warps or passwords
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Heavy luck manipulation
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Aims for fastest game clock time
  • Aims for fastest real time as secondary goal
I guess that's it, enjoy!

Phil: Processing and will be published within few days.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #762: adelikat's NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! in 17:51.87
Emulator Coder
Fast is good. Faster is better. nice :)
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Voted yes for this, and I will vote No for the other one. Didn't watch the full version of the cs-glitch version yet, but what I saw from the WIP it's not very interesting to me. And it's 2 minutes longer. So yay for 32 frames. BTW, why did you use the start-with-less-life trick against Don Flamenco (I think) even though you were never hit by him?
Good enough for a Yes from me.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
starting with less energy against don 2 causes him to come back with less energy after the 2nd knockdown
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Just as an FYI, this movie was created with the PRG1 version of this ROM.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
adelikat
He/Him
added PRG1 to the submission text
Active player (410)
I have watched it and don't see errors. But is there any reasons that Mr. Sandman isn't glitched when you are downed?
adelikat
He/Him
I had to ommit the glitch for the sake of the faster time. If you notice I am knocked down by 1 hook instead of 2 jabs. Unfortunately, the glitch only works on the jabs
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [408] NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! by adelikat in 17:51.87
this avi crashes explorer, media player, and media player classic. any ideas?
I never know what to put in these things.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Yeah, I noticed the same problem. The AVI IMMEDIATELY crased Winamp, Media Player Classic, and Explorer (as soon as I pulled up th folder). That's one mean AVI. :(
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Thirded. MPlayer glitches for about two seconds then crashes, and Quicktime refuses to even try to play the avi.
Active player (432)
Works perfectly fine here. Check your media players, codecs and other things and see whats wrong. Maybe a upgrade would help.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1404)
Hm, works fine in Winamp here. It was the previous version that was giving me issues.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Active player (410)
There's always useful informations that help you play any movie there: http://tasvideos.org/CodecProblems.html
use VLC media player, built-in codecs and plays any movie file ive ever had no problem
Active player (410)
The problem with people, they always forget to upgrade their player and codecs.
Active player (277)
I don't see why I have to update stuff all the time. Can't a program be good for something for more than a month?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Active player (432)
This is the same encoding as before FoodBagOfMagic!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Active player (410)
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
I don't see why I have to update stuff all the time. Can't a program be good for something for more than a month?
I'd suggest you to sell your PC because all needs to be updated. Especially Windows OS.
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.