• Emulator used: FCEU Ultra 0.98.12-blip
  • Aims for the fastest time possible
  • Length of movie: 39379 frames (~10m 56s)
  • Uses NTSC-settings
  • Does not abuse any programming errors
  • Takes no hits
A brief explanation on each individual stage on the run:
Stage 1: On this stage I use a large shortcut to get to the flower faster.
Stage 2: On this stage I don't push the cannon to the lower level, instead I throw a bomb and jump on that to get to the other side. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie.
Stage 3, 4 and 5 isn't changed that much from the previous version, one small difference is that I use the starattack to move faster.
Stage 6: I use bombs to kill the ghosts faster and i use couple of new tricks to get the mirror.
Stage 7: This is a very borign stage... I use the help of the white creature to complete this stage faster.
This is my second run for this game, and it is a 34 seconds improvement over my previous run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #800: Sami's NES Gimmick! "best ending" in 10:56.32
Skilled player (1885)
I just finished watching this movie and I'm voting YES. It was generally well done, all the jumps and attacks seemed very precise and I couldn't spot any obvoius mistakes. There is one little thing that annoyed me a little though, and that was that there was a little too much wobbling going on (wobbling is when you press left, right, left, right very fast.) Besides that this movie was very good. Perhaps you should fix you submission text a little, like using tables in some places instead of writing it on one single line. There were also lots of grammatical errors in the submission, maybe you should look those up. But, as I said, the movie was good, so I'm voting YES :)
Former player
Hmm i can fix txt a little but my english is not very good :/
Current Projects: ???
Former player
Looks really well done, yes vote from me. In fact, the play style seems superior to the pure speed Famtasia movie that's already up. Have you thought about trying that one, I'm sure you could beat the time easily. And it would replace a Famtaisa move with an FCEU, which is always a plus.
Skilled player (1885)
Sami wrote:
Hmm i can fix txt a little but my english is not very good :/
Allright, I can't blame you for that. There are some submission intstructions on this site that you should follow too, I don't know if you read them. I fixed the text a little, the content is still the same but the language is a little better. I added some stuff too that the submission instructions tells you to have in your submission text. This is just a suggestion to how it could look a little better, you don't have to use it. Here it is: * Emulator used: FCEU Ultra 0.98.12-blip * Aims for the fastest time possible * Length of movie: 39379 frames (~10m 56s) * Uses NTSC-settings * Does not abuse any programming errors * Takes no hits A brief explanation on each individual stage on the run: Stage 1: On this stage I use a large shortcut to get to the flower faster. Stage 2: On this stage I don't push the cannon to the lower level, instead I throw a bomb, and jump on it to get to the other side faster. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie. Stage 3, 4 and 5 isn't changed that much from the previous version, one small difference is that I use the starattack to move faster. Stage 6: I use bombs to kill the ghosts faster and i use couple of new tricks to get the mirror. Stage 7: This is a very borign stage... I use the help of the white creature to complete this stage faster. This is my second run for this game, and it is a 34 seconds improvement over my previous run. There, that should be it. I hope that helped you because I wouldn't want to see this movie being rejected because of a bad submission text (that could happen), since it is a good run, at least in my opinion. Good luck with getting this published, Sami.
Former player
Thanks Randil. That txt looks much better :)
Skilled player (1885)
I'm glad you liked it, Sami. And I see that you already replaced your previous submission text with the one that I wrote. Will you try to obsolete the current run on this site? That is, will you try to beat this game as fast as possible without doing a 100% run? I hope so, because if that has the same quality as this run, I'd watch it for sure.
Player (80)
I love how well-programmed this game is, and I love this movie. You start out with a bang and do a great job making sure everything's efficient and precise throughout the rest of the game. You get a lot of mileage out of that star too. Overall, this is a high-quality run with a great deal of attention to detail. I like all the uses you find for the star. I don't mind the seizures, but they just start to get annoying. There's a lot of waiting in this game (compared to most that come to mind), so I suppose seizures are more interesting than nothing. edit: Voted yes.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Former player
Yeah i can make only 6 stage run, but not yet. I'm start making TA diffrent game
Player (80)
Hmm. Nitsuja's 6-stage movie, while not directly comparable to your 7-stage movie (since you have to take the detours to get the special items), uses some techniques that your movie could benefit from. For a well-programmed and entertaining game like Gimmick, I can imagine Bisqwit posting both a minimal and 100% run (although I obviously don't speak for anyone but myself), but later movies would probably have to be of equal or higher quality.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Former player
yeah, i agree. Nitsuja say he might do 100% run but later. Well, we see will Bisqwit posting that video.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [439] NES Gimmick! "100%" by Sami in 10:56.32
Banned User, Player (142)
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks