Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super E.D.F is an early, nice looking and sounding SNES shooter. It allows the selection of weapons (I decided to use a laser on every level,) which power up to level 5 upon beating enemies, and can have Gradius-style options to spread shots. It also gives only one life (besides continues,) with three shield bars; I take no damage in this run (strangely, some small bullets cause no damage at certain angles.) I also play pacifist except for bosses and minibosses, still finishing with about a 7 million score due to how the final boss is worth 5 million. I try to make it fun by creatively weaving around shots.
Basically every shot that needed to connect did so; some bosses were hard, but others were straightforward.
Other notes:
  • Used snes9x version 1.43+
  • Checked WIP1 timing, volume envelope height reading, fake mute
  • USA version, so NTSC
  • No saves or warps

Truncated: Unlike what you claimed, this run misses plenty of shots in obvious places. People (the few who bothered to check it) didn't seem to find it very entertaining, and I agree. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #808: DukeNukem007's SNES Super Earth Defense Force in 31:52.55
I know that you said "every shot that needed to connect did so", but in watching the boss fights, it seems like there are many shots that don't connect at all. If that means they aren't needed, they need to be taken out. If it is some form of luck manipulation involving the boss, you should say so. As it is now, it just looks sloppy.
"How can you prove you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." -Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
anyway, before remaking it, take in consideration that shoot em ups have very little chance of being published...
Former player
in addition of what have been said, imho i'd prefer a non-pacifist version of this superplay.. something like 100% of possible kills.. or maybe a more creative dodging.. anyway, keep working, when its good enough i think it will be a very good addition to the website^^
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!