1 2
14 15
Post subject: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Former player
I am probably out to do this game, even snes re-recording is done (I am not gonna try yet before it is at least pretty much bug-free and other options ready). So do anyone know of useful glitchs you can't find on David's site? I am not sure yet which type time-attack I am gonna make (normal time-attack finishing all the levels the fastest time or get all the points so I can complete the secret levels too). This game have awesome music and graphics. :)
Former player
I think you should beat all the levels as fast as possible. If I remember correctly there was a code that unlocks the secret levels, so use the code to unlock them and forget about the points.
Former player
I'm still not quite sure if it would be interesting. It's quite a long and straightforward game, and I think it falls into the category of games that are much more fun to play than to watch. I can't think of any cool timesaving tricks that would save time or anything. But if you're gonna do it, I think it should definitely be only for fastest completion and not for the points. That would take way too long and be quite boring.
Former player
Oh, I will search for that code. But would that be allowed, I guess I will wait for bisqwit or ask him.
Former player
Kyrsimys wrote:
I'm still not quite sure if it would be interesting. It's quite a long and straightforward game, and I think it falls into the category of games that are much more fun to play than to watch. I can't think of any cool timesaving tricks that would save time or anything. But if you're gonna do it, I think it should definitely be only for fastest completion and not for the points. That would take way too long and be quite boring.
Well, I will see. I think any platform game would be fun to watch, but that could be me. Well, not any. But I think SMW2 would be fine for a time-attack.
Former player
Yoshi's Island would make an entertaining speed run because it's popular, and more importantly it's a mario game, which everyone seems to like watching speed runs for. The code should be allowed because I think it's mentioned somewhere in the game, but even if it's not, what's the point in not allowing it? It doesn't make the game easier, it would just let the people watching the speed run see the secret levels being played.
Former player
Michael Fried wrote:
Yoshi's Island would make an entertaining speed run because it's popular, and more importantly it's a mario game, which everyone seems to like watching speed runs for. The code should be allowed because I think it's mentioned somewhere in the game, but even if it's not, what's the point in not allowing it? It doesn't make the game easier, it would just let the people watching the speed run see the secret levels being played.
It is in the game? hmm I don't remember seing any codes in it. I tried look on gamefaqs.com and did just find a code for the mini-games. I guess I will search on google instead then. Edit: http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/000/000495.html They are talking about some secret code under "hidden door", I will check that.
Former player
Sorry, I don't remember what the code is, I'll see if I can find it. I thought the XXYBA code unlocked the secret levels, but it must be something else. I remember doing the code a long time ago. It may have been a Game Genie code, but I think it was a controller code.
Former player
Yeah well, Yoshi's Island is a pretty easy game, and it's not very hard to just breeze through it at full speed without collecting any items without savestates or slowdown. I think the game is at its best with secreat areas and bonus rooms, and most of the fun is finding them. I don't mean to be negative and I'm sure I'd watch a timeattack of this game with great interest anytime. But I don't think this would be as interesting as for example Super Mario World or SMB3, because they can be completed in a very short time and thus you can perfect every single movement without having to do a huge amount of work.
Former player
I'm starting to think it may have been a Game Genie code because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I guess you won't be playing the secret levels afterall.
Former player
Yes, there is no such code. The code you may have been thinking of was the two player battle mode mentioned earlier. In a run for this game, I'd like to see the full 6 star completion, and fancy tricks like, ricocheting eggs and daring flutter jumps all around. It could be very interesting, but it will require a lot of effort.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
my cartirdge baterie is screwed up, it's not saving, so i had to beat it in one go lmao, i did it :P took a little patience to do...
Former player
Ironically enough, a legitimate 100% speed run was done for this game. Feel free to watch it and see where possible improvements could be made. http://planetquake.com/sda/other/YoshisIsland.html (each level apparently starts with 0 eggs in this run, so there's plent of room for improvement there alone.)
Former player
Just checked out that run. It was surprisingly entertaining and I didn't want to skip anything except those autoscrolling levels. I think it's good that it was almost timeattackish with its 53 parts because the player had the possibility of perfecting all the levels. I now see that a timeattack could very well be fun to watch. Don't know if it should only be for fastest completion though..
Former player
Bladegash wrote:
Ironically enough, a legitimate 100% speed run was done for this game. Feel free to watch it and see where possible improvements could be made. http://planetquake.com/sda/other/YoshisIsland.html (each level apparently starts with 0 eggs in this run, so there's plent of room for improvement there alone.)
Very nice! :) Useful resource for me, I need to check where it can improved. Thanks alot of the link.
Former player
Merf. Why on EARTH was each level recorded seperately? x.x
Editor, Active player (296)
BombAHead wrote:
Merf. Why on EARTH was each level recorded seperately? x.x
So that they could do a "honest speedrun" while still rerecording each level.
it looks nice was hell to download though >:(
qfox.nl
Former player
can we talk about how good the graphics are in this game? I always thought of stuff like final fantasy 3 as the standard for graphics, but this is really beautiful and dynamic. Can't believe they fit it onto a cart. I feel like the control is pretty loose though, but maybe i just need to get used to it.
well it was a new concept, for me at least, first time i've played it (i got the cardridge). its very cartoonlike, but not mario like, if you get my drift. its kinda like "thirteen" (the fps game) compared with other firstperson shooters.
qfox.nl
Post subject: Re: Super Mario world2: Yoshi Island
Torn wrote:
I am not sure yet which type time-attack I am gonna make (normal time-attack finishing all the levels the fastest time or get all the points so I can complete the secret levels too).
Secret levels?! I've never heard of them so it would be fun to watch a run of that too :>
Former player
Secret levels?! I've never heard of them so it would be fun to watch a run of that too :>
Read the other posts about this. There are no code(s).
I didn't say anything about a code? ;P
Former player
Getting 100 points in each level of any given world unlocks an additional level to play for fun, and a bonus game to play at any time.
Mmkay, then I think the run should be only as fast as possible..
1 2
14 15