• Emulator used: FCE Ultra 0.98.12-blip
  • Length of movie: 98486 frames (27m 21s)
  • Aims for the fastest time possible
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Plays the whole game (100% run)
Description of the movie: Two boys try to get Ronald's Bag of magic back because Hamburglar stole it. In every world you have collect at least 4 magic cards to get to the next world.
This movie is 6m and 42s slower than Walker Boh's movie because it plays every level of the game. I do a lot of tricks that Walker Boh did in his movie, but I use a lot of new tricks too that saved some time. I collect 6 cards on every world to get to the secret world 7 called "Ronald's Puzzleworld".
It's almost impossible to make a fast 100% run of this game, collecting under 100 archs. If you collect 100 archs, you go to a bonus stage. I have to go to a bonus stage on level 5 in world 3. On level 4 in world 5 I have to collect one extra heart because I need that in the later levels.

Bisqwit: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #822: Sami's NES M.C. Kids "all levels" in 27:21.43
6 minutes and 82 seconds slower? I love the metric system and all, but I can't even tell the fricken time any more.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Experienced player (538)
Run is 100%
Skilled player (1885)
The improvement is 6m and 42 seconds, not 82 seconds. You should change that in the author's comments, Sami. I liked this movie, very well done, and you did some cool stuff in it too. YES vote from me. Good job, Sami :)
Former player
Randil wrote:
The improvement is 6m and 42 seconds, not 82 seconds. You should change that in the author's comments, Sami. I liked this movie, very well done, and you did some cool stuff in it too. YES vote from me. Good job, Sami :)
Sorry my mistake.
Current Projects: ???
Former player
Pretty nice actually. I guess I'll have to improve my any %-run then eventually.
/Walker Boh
Skilled player (1885)
Sami, I could write a corrected version of the author's submission for you, if that's okay, like I did with your Gimmick movie. I only enjoy doing it, and I know that you're not very good at English. Would that be ok with you? I could post it here in that case.
Former player
Randil wrote:
Sami, I could write a corrected version of the author's submission for you, if that's okay, like I did with your Gimmick movie. I only enjoy doing it, and I know that you're not very good at English. Would that be ok with you? I could post it here in that case.
YES! that be very nice :)
Skilled player (1885)
I wasn't sure what you meant with "100% run", do you mean that you play every level and that Walker Boh didn't play every level? Let me know if I got something wrong. Anyway, here it is: *Emulator used: FCE Ultra 0.98.12-blip *Length of movie: 98486 frames (27m 21s) *Aims for the fastest time possible *Takes damage to save time *Plays the whole game (100% run) Description of the movie: Two boys try to get Ronald's Bag of magic back because Hamburglar stole it. In every world you have collect at least 4 magic cards to get to the next world. This movie is 6m and 42s slower than Walker Boh's movie because it plays every level of the game. I do a lot of tricks that Walker Boh did in his movie, but I use a lot of new tricks too that saved some time. I collect 6 cards on every world to get to the secret world 7 called "Ronald's Puzzleworld". It's almost impossible to make a fast 100% run of this game, collecting under 100 archs. If you collect 100 archs, you go to a bonus stage. I have to go to a bonus stage on level 5 in world 3. On level 4 in world 5 I have to collect one extra heart because I need that in the later levels.
Former player
Nice work thanks Randil :)
Don't know if anyone is still checking this, but I just now watched the run. It looked very good, but I had a question. In Hamburgler's Hideout 1, at the beginning, there are those floating blocks you have to throw in the lava in order to proceed. They move very slowly and you end up just dancing around on them trying to be different while waiting to get to the end. About half way through the stage, there is an elevated platform that have things that drop lava onto it. You currently throw the floating block, while jumping over the lava, land on it, and eventually ride below this platform. My question is: Would it be faster to throw the block out, grab the other floating block, run and jump onto the 1st block, jump onto the platform halfway through, run across, jump and throw the 2nd block, land on it, and perhaps save time?
"How can you prove you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." -Vivi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)
Former player
Hmm i think that is the faster way. I totally missed that :/ maybe i fix that but later because i doing new tas :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [438] NES M.C. Kids "all levels" by Sami in 27:21.43
Post subject: Re: Movie published
Even if you can't get the total collected arches down to 99, I think it'd be cooler to keep the arch count as low as possible for as long as possible.. as such, 1-6 could definitely be changed so as to avoid most/all of the arches you pick up while falling. A few other areas could probably be improved this way. Alternatively, since we 'know' that you'll have to get 1 bonus stage, it should be possible to get up to 20 more arches, which might allow you to make some better jumps in areas where you're avoiding picking up arches.
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.