Post subject: Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge
Former player
I start to make TAS this game. Do anybody know some bugs or something else of this game :)
Current Projects: ???
Post subject: Re: Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge
Editor, Active player (296)
So long since I played it... I don't remember any, but there might be something. </totally unhelpful post>
Former player
I second to Bisqwits post. However, I really want to see this run so I wish you good luck!
/Walker Boh
Former player
Emulator Coder, Former player
If I remember correctly, you can move and jump diagonally in ST2 whereas in the original, you were locked to the axis. This may make navigating the dungeons slightly faster when you can avoid fights. That's assuming I remember correctly of course ;)
Editor, Active player (296)
Maximus wrote:
If I remember correctly, you can move and jump diagonally in ST2 whereas in the original, you were locked to the axis.
Correct.
Former player
Maximus wrote:
If I remember correctly, you can move and jump diagonally in ST2 whereas in the original, you were locked to the axis. This may make navigating the dungeons slightly faster when you can avoid fights. That's assuming I remember correctly of course ;)
Thats is right. I use that my TAS
I guess theoretically I coulda just booted up the game to check, but at least I got my 2 cents in :P. Good luck Sami
Unfortunately, I have nothing to add, but I look forward to seeing the WIP.
Post subject: Startropics 2: Zoda's revenege
Hey I was just wondering if anyone was going to make a complete time attack of the 2nd Star Tropics game. When will it be out?
This is the time attack of the 2nd Star Tropics game ... as far as I know at least.
Former player
This is by far the most unhelpful thread ever!! :P
Former player
And look at me! I'm not helping any! Though I'm not sure what can be helped right now, I'll wait 'till the AVI comes.
Former player
Well, seeing a WIP would help, we could look at it and propose ideas.
DJ FozzBozz wrote:
And considering the movie's already done and currently in the WorkBench, one'd assume you'd look there... Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Former player
DJ FozzBozz wrote:
Umm,,, Sami's run is finished. It's a little sloppy but it's already done.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Former player
Oops, eh.. Sorry!
Post subject: Star Tropics 2
Former player
I wanted to keep this quiet until I finished it, but that will not be for a long time, so might as well share now. Input and support appreciated greatly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RmFmuzF80 I also want to TAS FF1, Metroid, and any/all of the Ninja Gaidens, but those TASes are brilliant and I myself am far from a brilliant TASer. I can't find any notable improvements in any of these TASes except Metroid 100%, which I am sure someone could do much better than me. So Star Tropics 2, for now.
Former player
Chapter 4 is done and up on youtube. www.youtube.com/explosionpills
I never got into this game, I'll be checking out your videos, I'm a You Tube addict. Btw, I'm GoogieToons on there.
Experienced player (822)
Please use the search next time (even if it isn't quite as great as it could be, it's still usable). A quick search for "Tropics" brought me here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2942&highlight=
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Former player
Sorry; I searched for star tropics but i didnt find anything; didnt think to search tropics
Wait, why didn't you take the shortcut in the first dungeon of Chapter 4? The existing TAS didn't either. In the third room, you can avoid going north altogether & just take the west exit by jumping across the uneven stones to the door-opening switch.
Former player
Thanks for pointing that out; I will redo that chapter.
Post subject: Startropics II
Brandon
He/Him
Editor, Player (190)
This run is begging for an improvement. I used to play the game a lot when I was younger, and I definitely think I should go for it. Has anyone else made any attempts?
All the best, Brandon Evans