Submission Text Full Submission Page
I used FCEU 0.98.12 (blip)
This game is about Mighty Bomb Jack who goes to rescue the royal family from a Blezebuts pyramid.
My aim was fastest time. This is my third version of my first TAS
In this run I use warps. This is how the warp is done: In the bomb rooms, when you touch the first bomb, another one will be lit. Then you have to collect all the other bombs and the lit bomb last, then you will warp to next bomb room. So, order of bombs that you take is very important.
I use glitches when I pass trhough enemies and in room 11 when the mummy is dropping and you jump at the right time, mummy may drop through floor.It saves time in that certain spot. No hits from a enemy is taken. And I don't know if this is a glicth but if you slow emulation speed and jump and hold turbo A you can glide in the air. It helps very much. And in every bomb room, when you enter it you can jump while in the air by pressing jump button. It didn't happen all the time but with re-records I made it in necessary places.
In the movie hardest parts were room 13 and some rooms at the end because there were so many enemies. Room 13 because bombs are in very tricky order and enemies are very close.
This movie has the fastest but worst ending, only king is saved.
I think it can be still improvable by more planning and precision.
But, this video is fun to watch, or at least I think so.
I'd like to thank nitsuja for giving me some major advice!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #906: Brushy's NES Mighty Bomb Jack in 06:44.05
Active player (277)
Hmm, how did he get so Mighty after being just regular Bomb Jack? I played the Bomb Jack for Game Boy once, and it was pretty fun.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Skilled player (1885)
A short movie, but entertaining non the less. Good job with this, Guybrush! Perhaps it could be improved some, but it's still quite a great accomplishment. Voting YES.
Former player
Randil wrote:
A short movie, but entertaining non the less. Good job with this, Guybrush! Perhaps it could be improved some, but it's still quite a great accomplishment. Voting YES.
randil, you are the most lovable guy from nesvideos XD and yeah, gj guybrush^^ voting yes
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
Former player
I think it's a good movie and it's got a lot of potential, but personally, just going through those rooms and getting the bombs like that just got dull after a little while. I think it has potential, but I just vote "Meh".
Former player
Interesting movie. Having never played the game before I expected it to be somewhat different. Nonetheless, good movie. Voting YES. Great job Guybrush!
Guybrush: "I'm selling these fine leather jackets." Wally: "Really?" Guybrush: "No. I 'm lying." Wally: "In that case, I don't want one!" Currently working on: Nothing at the moment.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
I think i'd enjoy more a warpless run because it wouldn't be just going from bomb room to bomb room and maybe then you could get the best ending. I'll not vote for this now, but good luck!
Former player
FODA wrote:
I think i'd enjoy more a warpless run because it wouldn't be just going from bomb room to bomb room and maybe then you could get the best ending. I'll not vote for this now, but good luck!
Here is my Mighty Bomb Jack topic. Take a look at there!
Game seem fun and this run makes it seem more fun! Great job Guybrush! I vote YES.
Game seem fun and this run makes it seem more fun! Great job Guybrush! I vote YES.
Active player (277)
Uh oh, I think your avatar is a little bit over the size limit!
Former player
Leon wrote:
Too bad you can't vote yes because you are a lurker!
that´s bad that i can´t vote beacause i`m a lurker!
Former player
Leon wrote:
that´s bad that i can´t vote beacause i`m a lurker!
why dont you participate?!^^
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
Active player (277)
It takes too long to participate enough.
Former player
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
It takes too long to participate enough.
I became an user in a day or two!
Skilled player (1885)
I was just scrolling through the list of submissions, and saw that this is still set as new. Of course it's up to you, Guybrush, if you want to cancel this, but since there already is a full run of this game now, are you sure this run should be kept? I don't know if this game deserves 2 different runs on the site... It's a good game, but not that good, perhaps :). Just trying to ease things up for the encoders. ;)
Former player
Judges can reject this if they want. This is a different kind of run than Scubed's so I'm keeping it here.