Submission Text Full Submission Page
Emulator Used: Nitsuja's FCEUltra Uses no warps or passwords, takes no hits or deaths. Legendary Wings is a very straightfoward shootemup' game in which you try to save humankind from extinction. This run is mostly focused on entertainment as the only way you control time is boss battles. Just try to count the many times I ALMOST get hit! Enjoy.

DeHackEd: Holy page-widening, Batman!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #919: megaman's NES Legendary Wings in 28:04.92
Editor, Active player (296)
Before even watching this movie: 1) I refuse to publish a movie and state that its author is "megaman". Choose another nickname. 2) Fix your submission message. Remove the spaces from the beginnings of the lines. (More information is at text formatting rules.)
Active player (277)
What's wrong with "megaman"?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
It lacks uniquity. There are thousands of people who are "megaman".
Former player
I'm sure there's thousands of people named "Graveworm", so you'd have me change my name if I published a movie? Damn... Seeing that this movie didn't seem to take very long to do, and that the rerecord count is very low, it makes me want to see it. But something tells me more savestates/time wouldn't be needed, so I guess I'll just shut up and watch. :/
Former player
Do I have to change my nickname too?
Active player (277)
Let's wait until one of them complains.
Megaman: Hey that guy stole my name! Megaman X: No, he stole my name! Megaman: But your name's X. Megaman X: My name contains your name! Megaman.EXE: And my name contains your name! Megaman Volnutt: Hey guys, can I be a Megaman too? Megaman X: No, we disowned you a long time ago. Megaman Volnutt: =( Megaman: Don't get so down. Maybe you can make a comeback on the PSP (by rereleasing an old game with slightly better graphics)!
Former player
I voted no. This type of game is hard to make interesting. Gradius is interesting/entertaining because it's a well known game and it's damn hard. I don't know about this game though. And it was way too boring to keep me interesting for more than a few minutes. I fastforwarded and looked briefly at parts I thought could be cool, but they really didn't caught my attention. I'd rather cast my vote for Section Z, since this was similiar in the horisontel levels. That's a game I'd like to see TAS'ed!
/Walker Boh
There! Happy Bisqwit?!
A life without cheese is a life without life.
Bisqwit wrote:
1) I refuse to publish a movie and state that its author is "megaman". Choose another nickname.
Personally, I believe that forum usernames are a very low-defining and rudimentary type of data (or metadata). They are much less important than full names and are not eligible for quality moderation. In short, I think that as long as the author's full name is provided, it doesn't matter what his Internet handle is, which should simply be thrown into the information repository with full respect to its letter case. (Although I do understand your concern, since a name like that can be pretty confusing and even misleading, and generally isn't of much use in communities.)
You guys are filling me with conficence.
A life without cheese is a life without life.
When a movie is published, it becomes a product that can be found somewhere in the world even after 15 years. In the AVI subtitles, it will read:
Legendary Wings Played by megaman
What good is this for anyone? You might as well submit it anonymously, if you use that kind of nickname. But I'm not a fan of anonymous submissions either, because if you are afraid of staining your name with something that you've submitted and thus don't want to include a name that identifies you, perhaps you shouldn't submit it in the first place.
Active player (277)
but nobody will know what kind of biscuit a bisqwit is either
Former player
I could really live without your pointless posts, Bag. They are getting more and more annoying by the day. Why do you insist on posting such uninformational posts if you don't have anything real to say? They also make you look like a complete moron and will cause everyone to ignore all of your posts, even if you do have something to say once in a while. As for the movie, it was quite boring at times and I would not want to see it published, voting no.
I, for one, believe Bag provides the forums with much-needed comic relief. =P I swear I hear sitcom-style audience laughs in the background after some of his posts...<_<
Active player (432)
Graveworm wrote:
I'm sure there's thousands of people named "Graveworm", so you'd have me change my name if I published a movie? Damn... Seeing that this movie didn't seem to take very long to do, and that the rerecord count is very low, it makes me want to see it. But something tells me more savestates/time wouldn't be needed, so I guess I'll just shut up and watch. :/
Im quite sure there are more people on the internet using the nickname "megaman" than "Graveworm" so I certainly dont think you need to change your nickname.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Kyrsimys wrote:
I could really live without your pointless posts, Bag. They are getting more and more annoying by the day. Why do you insist on posting such uninformational posts if you don't have anything real to say? They also make you look like a complete moron and will cause everyone to ignore all of your posts, even if you do have something to say once in a while.
I completely disagree with this - he usually has something relevant and intelligent hidden in even the most pointless-appearing posts. No need to attack him for posting comments lightheartedly.
Kyrsimys wrote:
As for the movie, it was quite boring at times and I would not want to see it published, voting no.
I agree with this... I can't tell if this game could ever make a good run, but if it could, there would have to be more of an effort to kill every enemy possible and find some way to kill the ones that seem impossible to reach, and less missed shots. And maybe it can't make an entertaining run... A non-autoscrolling game would probably be a better choice.
Former player
nitsuja wrote:
he usually has something relevant and intelligent hidden in even the most pointless-appearing posts. No need to attack him for posting comments lightheartedly.
This is what makes his posts so annoying. I constantly have to wonder whether he was being sarcastic or meaning something or just fooling around. I can see that Bag is a smart person and I know that he's very capable of intelligent conversation, which is why I don't understand why he has to screw around all the time. I just wanted to make known how I feel, nothing more.
Active player (432)
nitsuja wrote:
I completely disagree with this - he usually has something relevant and intelligent hidden in even the most pointless-appearing posts. No need to attack him for posting comments lightheartedly.
And I completely disagree with you. I know Bag pretty well, I like his "goofy" side a lot and as a person. If you would check his last 30-40 posts, you would agree with me that many of them are utterly pointless posts. I admit that some of his posts have hidden messages and sometimes, they are very funny but for most of the time, they are just crap posts. This thread is going way off thread so lets get back to this submission.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Well, ok, maybe I'm too willing to tolerate pointless things but it doesn't bother me. About this submission, not to discourage the author from trying something else, but I doubt this will be published. There's probably not much more to say about it, unless someone objects or the author wants to hear some specific mistakes pointed out.
Active player (324)
I voted no. I just didn't enjoy watching it. I know it aims for entertainment, but I think it could have been more entertaining. Here's a version of Level 1 part 1 that I just threw together in the style of the 1943 movie: http://www.samus.co.uk/cad/lgdwings.fcm This was played almost completely with frame advance, took about 3 hours to complete, and used about 500 rerecords. Your entire movie took a couple of days and used only 1000 rerecords. Mine also aims to kill everything and miss no shots. Yours aims for entertainment, and in doing so you keep some enemies alive for the sake of dodging their shots (such as the griffin statues), yet you fail to destroy quite a few of the normal enemies which could have been easily shot down. Mine keeps the weakest weapon, while yours rushes to the godly 5th weapon and spends most of the time plowing through enemies with it. I think there's a clear improvement. Anyway, I'm not trying to be offensive, and I'm not pretending that my movie would get published over yours, I'm just saying that your movie could be better if you changed your vision just a little more.
Player (20)
AngerFist wrote:
If you would check his last 30-40 posts, you would agree with me that many of them are utterly pointless posts.
So you convinced me to try checking his last 30-40 posts. I only got up to the last 15, but here is the count so far: - 10 with direct messages (getting his points across often in just one line, which is a plus) - 2 funny with hidden messages (including one in this thread) - 3 funny but pointless This could even be further offset by my inability to see more of the hidden messages. I think you'd get a similar ratio if you counted them up to the last 40.
Omega wrote:
stuff
Yeah I'm sure you'd think that with a name like Omega! Of course I'm inclined to agree with a name like mine. There are already a few hanzous in some well-known video games and movies, and plenty living in Japan today. I'm just thankful this was overlooked when my movie was published a couple weeks back.
Bisqwit wrote:
But I'm not a fan of anonymous submissions either, because if you are afraid of staining your name with something that you've submitted and thus don't want to include a name that identifies you, perhaps you shouldn't submit it in the first place.
Consider this. Why does Batman use just his nick and symbol instead of at least some more descriptive abbreviation like BruceW or BWayne? Yes, my faulty analogy here is suggesting to compare TAS-makers with superheroes. Regarding the submission, I watched the movie and voted meh, which would be the most generous vote so far. To me, letting enemies get away is what stands out most to make it look sloppy.
I found this site not too long ago and ALL of the videos I have seen are very impressive. Coming to the boards I see a different story. This whole rejected, approved, message board critiquing by the site owner/friends of is retarded. I thought this legendary wings video was excellent. It's sad that many dont think so. THe guy that created it obviously spent a while on it and it is great. anyone who cares that much about perfection needs a life. its a cool video. accept it. oh well, done with this site and on with my life. 5 minutes here is too much. im bored already
Active player (277)
you may be right
Active player (432)
nintendo wrote:
I found this site not too long ago and ALL of the videos I have seen are very impressive. Coming to the boards I see a different story. This whole rejected, approved, message board critiquing by the site owner/friends of is retarded. I thought this legendary wings video was excellent. It's sad that many dont think so. THe guy that created it obviously spent a while on it and it is great. anyone who cares that much about perfection needs a life. its a cool video. accept it. oh well, done with this site and on with my life. 5 minutes here is too much. im bored already
Dont hit your head on your way out.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Arc wrote:
natt wrote:
Cooljay wrote: