Well, this is a bit questionable submission, because the game loops forever and the all levels are basicly the same. I played only four levels.
I used FCEU 0.98.13 nitsuja
Aims for fastest time
Takes no damage
Uses glitches
No warps or passwords
Plot of this game is that, spy (or someone like that) goes to a building to retrive some important documents (which are behind those red doors). The building is 30-floors high and full of thugs dressed in black, who are not going to solve problems by talking.
First two levels were kinda easy but the third and fourth were very tricky. All the red doors and escalators are entered earliest frame possible. There is one glitchs I use, entering elevators when they are not supposed to be enterable. In the second level in floors 14 and 9 I had to stay a couple frames in the red door because those thugs would have killed me otherwise. And the same thing in level 4.
I'd like to thank Randil and nitsuja for tips and because they followed my progress.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #925: Brushy's NES Elevator Action in 07:59.37
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
For no desync, use "Elevator Action (U) [o1].nes"
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
Thanks for info JXQ.
Skilled player (1885)
Very good movie, Guybrush. I've watched your WIPs, but it seems you redid level 1, right? You made good use of the elevator glitch too, good job on that. Entertaining and well done, voting YES! :) This movie worked fine for me with the ROM "Elevator Action (U).nes".
Player (36)
JXQ wrote:
For no desync, use "Elevator Action (U) [o1].nes"
That's an overdump...
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Skilled player (1885)
My ROM Elevator Action (U).nes had the same checksum as the ROM that Guybrush used to record his movie, so either the filename of my ROM is incorrect, or JXQ:s ROM's name is incorrect. What does it mean that a ROM is an overdump by the way? I actually don't know...
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Maybe I have incorrectly named ROMs? Although I just downloaded them. I got an unmatched checksum and desync for (U).
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
It matched my (U) rom, from my nes romset and played without desync. Ok, i watched it and the first 2 levels looked really good, but then on the last 2 levels why didn't you use the trick of getting inside the elevator while it is going down (from its ceiling to inside of it without wasting time). You didn't do this on those later levels, you instead waited for it to go back up a bit so you could get in, why? And sorry for this late suggestion, but i think a demonstration video of this game would be best on level 99 or 255 or something (use a game genie code to get there and see which level is the "last"). I even wonder if there's an unbeatable level due to enemies shooting too much. Anyway. good work there, i was impressed, but my vote for now is meh because i think this game deserves another aproach.
Former player
FODA wrote:
It matched my (U) rom, from my nes romset and played without desync. Ok, i watched it and the first 2 levels looked really good, but then on the last 2 levels why didn't you use the trick of getting inside the elevator while it is going down (from its ceiling to inside of it without wasting time). You didn't do this on those later levels, you instead waited for it to go back up a bit so you could get in, why?
I just couldn't do that. I don't know why but the glitchs didn't work there.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [471] NES Elevator Action by Brushy in 07:59.37
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Didn't take you long to accomplish your new year's resolution :) Way to go, GB!
Former player
JXQ wrote:
Didn't take you long to accomplish your new year's resolution :) Way to go, GB!
Thanks JXQ :) And thanks to all who voted.
Nice one. And you gotta love those super-old games... :)
Banned User, Former player
I have to say that very old NES games suck big time, at least technically. :P Just compare this elevator thingie with eg. the bucky o'hare game. The difference is huge.
Warp wrote:
I have to say that very old NES games suck big time, at least technically. :P Just compare this elevator thingie with eg. the bucky o'hare game. The difference is huge.
That's just why you gotta love them. :) I think it's amazing how far the NES was taken in the end - SMB3 certainly looks like it runs on a wholly different console from a different era, for example. ^^
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I always thought Kirby's Adventure was an excellent example of the NES at its best as far as graphics, sounds, playability, depth, etc. (although SMB3 is another great example). Of course, that's probably cuz Kirby was one of the last NES games released.
JXQ wrote:
I always thought Kirby's Adventure was an excellent example of the NES at its best as far as graphics, sounds, playability, depth, etc. (although SMB3 is another great example). Of course, that's probably cuz Kirby was one of the last NES games released.
Wasn't "Wario's Woods" released in late 1994? I'm pretty sure there was at least one game in 1995, even, but I can't really remember which it was...
Active player (277)
I always thought Double Dragon 2 could pass as next-generation graphics...
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Hi, nice movie. I have played that game a ton. 1 trick I discovered is that you can make elevators change direction from down to up. I don't know if it would speed the run up at all. In fact I don't remember how it works exactly, but you have to get on top of the elevator and duck. Then you need to hop off of the elevator back onto the floor.
Former player
Yes, it's pretty easy. Just enter the elevator and press up or down if you want to change direction. Your method seems bit more complicated.