Here it is, AngerFist's second and Adelikat's first Mega Man run. This run is 31 minutes, 34 seconds. That makes it 57 seconds faster than Kyrsimys's currently published run.

Angerfist's comments:

The creators behind Mega Man 6 did a pretty good job covering glitches due to you don't have the robot dog itself: Rush Jet. Instead, you'll be transformed with Rush Jet whenever you want to reach a high ledge etc. So we had absolutely no ability to check for glitches or major tricks because we obviously did not have the Magnet Beam (Mega Man), Item 1, 2 and 3 ( Mega Man 2), Rush Jet (Mega Man 3), Balloon Adaptor (Mega Man 4) or Super Arrow (Mega Man 5). The reason I'm mentioning those tools is because they help you a lot to speed things up, in our case, we had no such thing besides sliding.
Speaking of sliding, even here you have to wait (depending on the situation) 1―2 frames before you can slide, which is very frustrating. So don't get too disappointed because we simply did not have the opportunity or the ability to include a single significant glitch or a trick. The only trick that has been so far discovered is by Baxter during when you are climbing on a ladder. Using his trick (also depends on the situation), you can save between 1―3 frames on every ladder. Luckily, he discovered it halfway through our run so that's why you won't be seeing me using his trick for the first half of the run. A minor important note, we worked on this from December the 16th to January the 16th so it took us exactly a month to complete this run.
I played all the stages and my superb team-mate Adelikat took care of all the bosses. After the first boss, Adelikat was approximately 30 frames behind and I was having doubts whether he could actually be a awesome Boss Assassin (not that I'm a perfect player myself). He then redid the first fight and saved about 1 frame. Then he brutally crushed all my doubts I had over him, when he fought Plant Man and was done, he replied to me: "Muhahahaha". From then on, I knew he had turned into a Boss Killing Freak! Doubt me? Watch how he saves nearly 450 frames on the Mr.X 3 battle and all other boss fights. Adelikat, it was truly an honor working with you as you handled every bosses magnificently and I could not be more pleased with your performance and your evident dedication and devotion to our project. Respect!
Before we started working on this run, We swear to God that we had no great expectation to improve Kyrsimys run by more than 10―15 seconds. So we where pretty stunned when we gained 57 seconds for the whole run because, as I have said earlier several times, Kyrsimys did a very strong, solid and good run (note that he used Famtasia, which is much harder than using FCEU). In overall, we are actually pleased with our run and we really hope you will enjoy the run despite knowing the above mentioned facts about Mega Man 6.
I would also like to take this opportunity of thanking Bisqwit who helped me checking the first stage if everything were ok and Walker_Boh and Baxter for always showing genuine interest in our run and support and of course Kyrsimys, who helped us a few times with important questions and such.

Adelikat's comments:

This was my first joint effort on a TAS. My primary role in this was to defeat all bosses, which turned out to be no light task at all! Especially for someone who has never attempted to TAS a Megaman game. Some improvements merely involved more accurate shooting, taking advantage of FCEU's frame count and frame advance features. Interestingly, boss placement and the last shot is different than any other megaman game. Ideally the boss should be on the far left or right side of the screen in order to minimize lag. In addition Megaman must remain motionless until some of the debris exits the screen, and then he should run to the center.
So where did we managed to save 57 seconds?
  • Some Bosses were luck manipulated to get a significantly faster routine.
  • Major points of lag were elimated throughout the run.
  • A lot of time was also saved by minimizing weapons changes. As with everything in Mega Man 6, weapon changing is very slow (at least 116 frames). Many times it was faster to use the mega buster or a suboptimal weapon rather than switch to a better one. This accounts for a large segment of the improvments.

*SPOILERS*

Some of the largest chunks of improvement came from using more optimal weapons for some DR. X and Dr. Wily bosses, most notably Wily himself (yeah, you were shocked that it turned out to be wily afterall huh!)
I would also like to thank the above mentioned folks and all the people who gave encouragement throughout the run. I would also like to thank Angerfist who I enjoyed working with very much.
The usual stuff:
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes damage to save time.
  • Emulator: FCEU-0.98.12-blip
  • Abused programming errors (lol, only glitch here is the ladder glitch).

Bisqwit: Having closely monitored the progress during the making of this movie, I'll naturally accept this movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #946: AngerFist & adelikat's NES Mega Man 6 in 31:33.90
"31 minutes, 34 seconds, 57 seconds" faster eh? Typo anyone? Oops, wait, no, I see what you meant by that. Never mind. I'll have to check this out later.
Active player (277)
Yay! I liked your use of the Rush adaptors!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Skilled player (1885)
I agree with Bag, good use of the rush adaptors. Very entertaining run, it kept me up for another half hour even though it's really late. :) Definite Yes. Great job with this game.
Player (84)
Seems to be done very well. Nice work AngerDelikat! Yes vote all the way. It still amazes me the job that angerfist can do without using Frame advanced. Nice work! Adelikat too, Never seen bosses get so detroyed in this game before. *Thumbs-Up*
Player (34)
Watched the entire video just now and am left quite speechless. Well done you two! It was a great run and I hope it gets published. Usage of weapons and movement seemed thoroughly experimented with to find optimal {whatever}. Although I do have to wonder about that last Wily Stage.. why didn't you switch to Rush Adaptor earlier instead of just staying as regular Mega Man? In any case, good job. ^ㅈ^
我々を待ち受けなさい。
Active player (277)
One thing I don't think they mentioned is that while using either the Rush Jet or the Rush Power adaptors, you can't slide. So it's good to minimize their use.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Vatchern wrote:
It still amazes me the job that angerfist can do without using Frame advanced.
What??? I had no idea. This is indeed amazing.
Vidar wrote:
I hope it gets published.
Don't worry, it is a Mega Man game. ;-) Edit: Remember Nintendo Power had that contest for designing the next Mega Man robot bosses? Two of them (Knight Man and Wind Man) are in this game; that's why the credits of those two bosses are American while the rest are not (Japanese?).
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
yeah, what bag said in the last wily for instance, using it earlier would mean no sliding which means we would lose a lot of time in one of the dr x stages i keep the rush adaptor on and just walk because it turns out to be slightly faster than switching to regular megman and back again.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1402)
:) Finished already! Great movie! Very nice weapon switch strategy. AngerFist; very nice wily levels (hadn't seen those yet), and Adelikat; great blizzardman rematch. Definately vating yes :)
Former player
Great to see this one finished! I still would've preferred to see a no-damage run like my own, but I guess it's necessary to take damage if you're going for the fastest time possible. I will edit my post once I have had time to watch the run. EDIT: Okay, I watched the run and I'm thoroughly embarrassed. I can't believe I didn't even try to use the power adapter for the X3 boss and the final boss. I remember testing it some but I guess after finding it useless on the 8 robot masters I discarded the whole idea. The movie was overall very good and the only thing that struck me was the Flameman rematch, but I sure do know what a pain manipulating those bosses is, so that's nothing I hold against you :) Also, as someone said before, the Blizzardman rematch was awesome. Good job!
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>It still amazes me the job that angerfist can do without using Frame advanced. I don't think this is true anymore, but I guess Angerboy can clear that up for us. But the movie was very nice. Voting yes.
Former player
Great Job Anger and adelikat! Really good level playing (weapon swithces and so on) and really good boss fights. Rematches were especially great. Voting YES!
Active player (432)
Truncated wrote:
>It still amazes me the job that angerfist can do without using Frame advanced. I don't think this is true anymore, but I guess Angerboy can clear that up for us. But the movie was very nice. Voting yes.
Sorry to disappoint you Master Truncated but yes, I dont like using frame advance (yes I know all about its advantages). I like playing at 3% speed :) But I did actually use once frame advance when I played Mega Man 6 :) Thanks for everyone who voted, really makes it all worth it :D
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Really good TAS. Definately Yes vote :)
Current Projects: ???
Former player
I can't find anything to complain on. Awesome job you two! Voting yes.
/Walker Boh
This one falls under the "obvious 'yes' vote" category. Not that it's needed.
Former player
that's a Yes vote for me too... nice job guys
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Player (101)
And of course this game gets accepted for publication within three seconds. :rolleyes: Hey judges, a game doesn't have to have Megaman in it to be entertaining. How about getting around to looking at the other 50 or so submissions in the queue?
http://girlyyy.com/ The El Viento TAS is the only decent thing I submitted here.
Player (36)
Look dude, if you want to get Wario published that badly all you have to do is know how to encode movies, and be willing to, and then you can be a judge (assuming Bisqwit accepts). Grousing about movies not getting published doesn't help. Especially when it's off topic in a completely different thread.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Active player (277)
...Or does it?
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
josh l. wrote:
And of course this game gets accepted for publication within three seconds. :rolleyes: Hey judges, a game doesn't have to have Megaman in it to be entertaining. How about getting around to looking at the other 50 or so submissions in the queue?
A movie that obsoletes another movie is published much faster than those that don't. It is difficult to determine whether a new run should be added. Generally, a movie that obsoletes another is published within 3 days, and a really good movie that doesn't obsolete anything takes a week to publish, or more. Just speaking from experience. As for the run, it's certainly more impressive than the last run I saw, and I wonder whether Angerfist will team up with someone else to do MM5. :) Voting yes, of course.
Player (101)
I thought so too, but my El Viento improvement has been sitting in the queue for a month and a half and counting. >=| It's not really off topic when the topic is about a Magaman game, and the point I'm trying to make is "Bisqwit really needs to stop skipping over every single submission that isn't Megaman, Mario, or Castlevania". It's not that there's anything wrong with the submissions being accepted, it's that there's a lot of equally entertaining stuff that isn't even being looked at anymore. It feels like a lot of authors are just being blown off. It feels like submitting stuff here is a waste of time, since the view on what's important enough to get publsihed is getting more and more narrow. And believe me, I'd love to encode my own movies. I can use the "create AVI" option on these emulators fine enough; it's the "compression into a suitable size while still retaining a good quality" part that I can't seem to figure out, and I can never find any instructions for it in layman's terms.
http://girlyyy.com/ The El Viento TAS is the only decent thing I submitted here.
Editor, Active player (296)
josh l. wrote:
Bisqwit really needs to stop skipping over every single submission that isn't Megaman, Mario, or Castlevania
It's not so much "skipping over X" as "becoming interested of Y". Only a few of the submissions are interesting to me. There's a high threshold to look at the others, considering it's something I do on my free time, which I already have plenty of other ways of spending ― including slacking off. I believe the same goes for all the other judges (currently Dehacked, BoltR, Phil). But even if the submissions aren't interesting to me, there is no reason to reject them until someone has actually reviewed it and found it boring. So that's why they sit in the queue.
Active player (432)
FractalFusion wrote:
As for the run, it's certainly more impressive than the last run I saw, and I wonder whether Angerfist will team up with someone else to do MM5. :)
I wish :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P