Submission Text Full Submission Page
write up -
emulator - mupen64 v8
goals:
complete as fast as possible*
collect no unnecessary items (healing items)
takes damage to save time
luck manipulation (power ups)
no deaths/saves/warps
  • - there might be a problem with this. end the movie once drac ultimate is dead (with a second or so after to ensure the final hit is delivered and that the movie doesnt end before i make the final blow). there IS some user input required AFTER the credits. however, after the credits role, the game is over.
anything you wanna know about what goes on in the game can most likely be found in the N64 thread by the same name. sorry, im not copy/pasting for you.
as far as movie making, it went fine. im more familiar with this game than others... it was fun to find new things via frame advance and slowdowns though.
story: 8 years before the exploits of reinhardt and carrie, cornell entered the demon castle in search of his kidnapped sister... but nothing is as it seems... not even our hero.
this is an excellent game, far surpassing the incomplete release in most every aspect. the music would be even better if it werent for the N64's sound chip which blasts the sound, but its still good all the same.
the gameplay in this is slightly different than its predecessor... notable is the jumping and the camera angles... its actually made in this game to HELP the player as opposed to making it just frustrating.
and why would anyone wanna watch it? the same reason you watch any other movie on this site... because you wanted to. there's no outstanding glitches, and this version is the longest (cornell has the most quests). im not saying its not entertaining, because i did make it so it would be. but some people might not like it. it is different than the first game in enough ways i believe.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Emulator Coder
Again, same as other submission, it played back perfectly for me without any texture corruption, and the Sorcery area looked rather nice. Not entirely sure if you could have skipped a 10pack of red rubies before the first time you turn into werewolf, as you stay werewolf for a lot longer than needed, but I dont think you picked up any rubies any time you didnt have to wait anyway, so I dont think that is an issue. Looked solid that run, but unfortunately this was teh first time I ever saw the game.
Former player
Can't watch either since the game bitches about needing some random pak. Either rumble, save, or expansion, I'm not gonna open that awful emulator again to look. As it is, I have to load the rom, alt-tab away and alt-tab back just so I regain control over the damn thing's menu. /r solution -.-
Active player (277)
Oh, maybe you should disable the mouse from the controls in the input plugin so you can use it on the menu again.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
i think i know what you're talking about. go under options - input settings and untick the RAW DATA beside controller 1. as well, theres no plug in for controller 1. this was the problem in the beginning when i first tried rerecording.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
/*- wrote:
the music would be even better if it werent for the N64's sound chip which blasts the sound, but its still good all the same
Actually, the N64 doesn't have any sound chip at all. That's a big part of why the sound and music are subpar in most N64 games, compared to even the average SNES game (since the SNES does have a sound chip). The N64 can sound about as good as the SNES could, but it takes a ton of extra effort to do that so most companies didn't. About this run... it's a long game with a lot of prancing around, and it started out a little boring (where you made it look even easier than it was) but it got more interesting partway through as the difficulty started picking up, and it looked consistently done throughout (with a few nice surprises).
Former player
I agree with nitsuja. First I was wondering if this was some Castlevania: Curse Of The Bunny Spirit hack with all the jumping ;) I enjoyed it a lot though. I've only played a few parts of this game and didn't enjoy it too much, but this movie was still very enjoyable in my eyes.
Player (79)
I have the feeling these 3-d movies will be really hard to judge, because for me at least its hard to tell if something is optimized or not. But it looked pretty good to me. Some questions: around frame 5500 you ran down, then back up again, was that necessary? ~27700 and other places when youre falling you catch a ledge, then fall again. is it impossible just to fall all the way down? ~30000 when you open the door is it optimized? it looked like you hit the door, then adjusted, then it opened ~45400 in the maze you jump up the side of some stairs, and the jump looked kinda funny finally, the dracula human boss - does he appear at random, or in a set pattern? At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, I'll say I REALLY dislike the N64 games with huge, repetitive, sparsely populated 3-D environments like this one. But you apparently really like this game and think it is a good one to do, so thats fine I guess.
Former player
id have to review most of it. as far as falling, if you fall from too far of a distance, its an instant death... quick latching will prevent this. quick latching even further down the fall can deal damage the same and even kill at times !! off memory... at 5500, it wasnt necessary, but it doesnt really matter. the lizard man had a somewhat set time of when he'd come down (i think thats the right time). i believe most door openings to be optimized (there were some times i thought it opened via one side and it was the other, if thats what you meant). there wasnt major slowdown as there was in the first game, so im not too sure (i havent checked this for a bit). ill check the one incident you mentioned though. ...as far as the jumping up the side of stairs in the maze... ok... ? dracula's appearances seem to be set. his actions werent though (depending on your distance from him).
Player (79)
since the few possible issues left seem pretty small, voted yes
Former player
Yays, I got stuff working. Watched both movies, gonna be voting yes for both, liked this one MUCH more just for the added variety. Sliding made for random fun at points. I've played both games and know just how hard they are and how hellish the jumping is in them. Quite unforgiving. Plus I just like that everyone is skipping heartily everywhere they go. >>v
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I would give this a yes vote if it wasn't for the fact that this video is incomplete. There is text after the epilogue that needs button input that relates to the story. Fix that that and you have a yes vote from me.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Former player
So why would we want to see this game done in comparison to Castlevania 64? This is the same game, except your overpowered hero has to do all of the original lairs (except a few) along with a few new ones. I think that we need to come to a consensus about whether or not we need a CV64 and CV64:LoD movie on the site. I'm going to vote Meh on this. I ended up watching this movie with turbo the whole time without missing anything important. I only really stopped using turbo in the Battle Tower, and even then it wasn't all that entertaining.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
That can't be helped, both are fairly boring games to watch, and nerve racking to play (nitro, anyone?)
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Shadow Byrn wrote:
That can't be helped, both are fairly boring games to watch, and nerve racking to play (nitro, anyone?)
Oh gawd don't remind me of that. I HATED dealing with the nitro. Gave me nightmares for weeks. ^^;;
So why would we want to see this game done in comparison to Castlevania 64? This is the same game, except your overpowered hero has to do all of the original lairs (except a few) along with a few new ones. I think that we need to come to a consensus about whether or not we need a CV64 and CV64:LoD movie on the site.
One of the reasons this should be up is that it's considerably different than CV64. New hero, new levels, revamped levels, and this route is MUCH HARDER than CV64. Trust me, I own it, I've beaten it, I've had nightmares over it. I'm surprised I haven't broken my controller over it. ^^;; There's not much that is the same between the two games. Even if you took the same character between the two games, it's still two different games. The forest is completely different. The walls are tweaked (no wench in CV64) The villa features a new path. The towers are all WAY different. The Clock Tower is different and considerably harder on LOD. About all that's the same is the castle center, room of clocks, and Dracula's room. Two of the three are the smallest levels in the game. Though with my work on a speedrun over at SDA, I wish saving was turned on in this run, that way somebody can run through with Henry. I would love to see that done too as a TAS.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (410)
Great walkthrough maybe but not an interesting game.
Player (24)
Vote Yes. Finally watch this run. Another old computer was near dead, not work correct anymore and is near impossible to reach the Desktop. So my mother has a new cpmputer where I can watch N64 runs. My is to slow for N64. Good run and look fast. I don't like these N64 Castlevania Games, but the TAS looks well done. Great item drop manipulation and fast.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Player (34)
I watched this a while ago though I never responded. I don't think it's bad, but it doesn't look very interesting. Much of it is just running around (not so much like the original Castlevania games, and the GBA ones too) but it looks so redundant.. Maybe I just haven't played it to know? The boss battles and item manipulation was pretty well done, so that's a plus. If it was a bit more interesting (or looked better.. ¬¬) I'd be voting a definite yes. Despite that... Voting a reluctant "Yes" ^^? Nice job.. I think. o.x
我々を待ち受けなさい。