Here it is, faster version of McKids any%.
Due some tricks I found I'm now 1003 frames (16.72 seconds) than my old run and 4336 frames (72.27 seconds) faster than the current published run.
One trick is getting full speed faster by jumping in the start of the level (this isn't faster in all levels). Some other tricks are used too.
  • Used FCEU 0.98.15
  • Aims for fastest time
  • No glitches used
  • Ignored semi-important goals
  • Took damage
  • No warps or passwords
Hope you like the run ;)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #978: Brushy's NES M.C. Kids in 19:27.10
Skilled player (1885)
I voted Yes for your first submission, and since this is clearly faster and better, this is an auto-Yes. Very nice techniques you've found for this version... Not much more to say, great job Guybrush. :)
Former player
Looked very good! Nice job Guybrush :) Voting Yes.
Current Projects: ???
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Faster? Win. Yes vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (277)
Yay, I liked the different level choices. Either that or I didn't pay enough attention to the previous movie.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
First of all, there are noticeable improvements, and they look good. Picking up the cards in 5-1 to avoid the pit was nice, and 6-2's use of regrabbing the block to get the card above the goal was great. (These may have been in the first version, but I don't remember seeing them at the time) Although I voted yes on your first submission, I'm not sure what to vote here. The reason is that either you discovered a fantastic new glitch (and didn't use it enough), or you didn't notice it and still used it a bit. Continually jumping as soon as you land will keep your extra speed after jumping from a downhill run. In some places, it looked like you used it knowing this glitch existed (2-1, for example), but in others, it wasn't used as much as it could be, so I'm not sure if you were aware of it or not. Here is an example of the first three levels using this glitch more (although the first level is exactly the same). 90 frames faster at the end of 1-4, but probably still improvable. Other levels that may benefit from this:
  • 2-4
  • 2-5 (maybe, by veering left to hit a slope early on)
  • 4-3 (tiny downhill at the beginning)
  • 5-1 possibly, although that level is already done pretty fast
I hope you make a third version with this glitch fully exploited and gain even more time off the old published run. It doesn't seem like too long of a game to run, so it shouldn't be too bad. I will vote yes to that, but I voting meh to this one. I'm not voting no because if you aren't going to do a third version right away, then this should still be published, as it's not bad and it certainly trumps the existing run by a wide margin. Other notes: One possible improvement I noticed is during the times when you have to change direction for whatever reason. It takes a long time to slow down. For the times where you have a wall that could stop you, it may be faster to instead run into the wall to get an instant stop of velocity, and then head in the opposite direction. I didn't test this though. And in 4-4 you walk right over a card at the end and don't grab it. Wouldn't it be faster to get this card instead of the other card in the same level?
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
JXQ, thanks for your tips, I'm not going to redo this run for a while (Metroid and Batman2), so if anyone is interested I can give some tips if needed. The tricks you mentioned were invented by Sami or Walker Boh. And the card in the end of 4-4, it's wrong kind of card and I have no use for it. And I tested that jumping glitch but it didn't work for me all the time :/
Active player (277)
JXQ wrote:
Continually jumping as soon as you land will keep your extra speed after jumping from a downhill run. In some places, it looked like you used it knowing this glitch existed (2-1, for example), but in others, it wasn't used as much as it could be, so I'm not sure if you were aware of it or not.
Gah! Guybrush, I thought you told me you already tried this!
Former player
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
JXQ wrote:
Continually jumping as soon as you land will keep your extra speed after jumping from a downhill run. In some places, it looked like you used it knowing this glitch existed (2-1, for example), but in others, it wasn't used as much as it could be, so I'm not sure if you were aware of it or not.
Gah! Guybrush, I thought you told me you already tried this!
I did and it didn't work in the place I tried it.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
looks good, I voted yes before so this yes is an auto-vote
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [477] NES M.C. Kids by Brushy in 19:27.10
Former player
Thanks to all who voted!
Active player (277)
Bladegash wants to know why this game is called M.C. Kids and not McKids. They aren't emcees are they?
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
No, they're McDonalds Corporation Kids. ^^;;
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Bladegash wants to know why this game is called M.C. Kids and not McKids. They aren't emcees are they?
2-Player looks kind of like Kid from Kid-n-Play. SO maybe they are MCs. Also, FYI, emcees is not a correct way to spell the word, because MC stands for "master of ceremonies", although emcee is commonly used, so it's probably considered correct by this point.
Active player (410)
Is it slower to play with 2 players? If not, you could do a 2 player game so there will be some variety.
Former player
It is bit slower because of the "Player 2 get ready!" screen.
Active player (410)
hmm, yes that's sad. Maybe watching the movie while eating hamburgers would make it more interesting to watch :P
Phil wrote:
hmm, yes that's sad. Maybe watching the movie while eating hamburgers would make it more interesting to watch :P
Careful! The burgers are really a part of an evil plan made by Dr. Willy and his twisted creation, Cholesterol Man.
Former player
Cmuxmt wrote:
Phil wrote:
Careful! The burgers are really a part of an evil plan made by Dr. Willy and his twisted creation, Cholesterol Man.
xD
Current Projects: ???
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Phil wrote:
Shamrock Shakes were just started today in my city!
Active player (277)
This game makes me think of cookies more than anything else, really... McDonaldland cookies? Maybe...
Banned User, Former player
Sami wrote:
Cmuxmt wrote:
Phil wrote:
xD
No, it's Dr. Mily and his evil Mily-bots! WegaWan must stop him! [shot]
Perma-banned