• FCEU 0.98.15
  • Uses death as shortcut
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Manipulates luck
  • Genre: Fighting
At stage 1, I've used mostly the same strategy as my old version except at Linda's where I used new one. At convoyer, I've tested many things. Doing headbutt to put enemy in hole is the best strat.
At stage 2, I've used the dynamite to kill 2 enemies at once. While waiting it explodes, I can take the time to gain extra exp. Used headbutt to put Linda's and Chin in hole and the rest of the stage is almost the same as my precedent run.
At stage 3, since this is the longest stage, it's where I've gain the most time. I skipped 1 Chin. FODA had suggested me to skip 2 Chin but it is better to skip only one. But thanks to him for the idea. It's here that I started to use combo of one punch and 2 kicks against Chin's and Abobo's to have more points as well as to be faster. I've used knives more wisely compared to my precedent run. Obtain better randomness for stalagtites (Not much better but still). Apparently, there's some randomness for moving platform. I have tested many things and wasn't able to get what I, luckily, made in my precedent run. So I've lost ~0.5 seconds there. The main problem, the only way to manipulate them also change randomness for stalagtites. It will require days and days of testing. Uses adelikat's death trick to save a little more than 2 seconds before green abobo's.
At stage 4, I use the other life as Adelikat suggested which saves me only ~15 frames not 3 seconds as he claimed to be. The main reason is that after I climb up I am squeezed between 2 enemies. So I must move to left to compensate. Obtained enough exp for doing elbow attack on last Linda's. I discovered a glitch where Willy shot himself which causes him great amount of damage.
For parts that I have used same strategy as my precedent run, I've tried to optimize those as best as I could while gaining as much, in some case, more points.
FCEU emulates the game better. This one does have real sound when gaining level and real music at stage 3. Also, there's no flickering at stage 4 like it does in Famtasia.
Lost 4 life. How the hell since we start with only 3 life!!?
As promised, I was able to make a sub 9 minutes run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #985: Phil's NES Double Dragon in 08:57.47
Skilled player (1402)
Looking very good, voting yes.
Former player
Baxter wrote:
Looking very good, voting yes.
I'll second that.
Player (84)
This looks very optimized over the last version. Very nice dieing effects after mission 1 boss. I liked that :). I like how you died to stop the slow screen scrolling :). (i think thats what you did). Looks nice Phil. Great job. Got to vote yes.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
The level of planning put into this is amazing.. I have one question: on the Chin boss at the end of level 2, wasn't it possible to drop him off the ledge withtout making him bounce on the ground? what made him die? when he falls from the bottom of the screen or when he goes past the right of the screen?
Active player (410)
No, it's impossible.
Active player (432)
Awesome work Phil boy :) How on earth did you find these glitches besides being determined? Voting naturally Yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [485] NES Double Dragon by Phil in 08:57.47
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
You may want to rename this back to "Double Dragon 1" to preserve the correct alphabetical order.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Former player
It's short (easy to encode and review) and an obvious improvement to a popular game. So why not?
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Because there are similiar movies in queue waiting for a LONG time.
Solid. It's good to get rid of one of those famtasia movies. YES.
Post subject: niiiiiiiice
I never saw the ending to this game until now! as much as I love NES, there's so many games I still have yet to beat myself.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I had a question about this run; you mentioned in the thread for the game when you were working on it about a scoring bug that subtracted points for some move if one of your digits was a 9 (I think). Did you end up including this in the run somewhere?
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
i think "doubledragons" girlfriend looks like a tramp, and what is it he has under his table? a dog or a cat?
Post subject: Abobo through the wall
Is it possible to send that Abobo through the wall to his death while playing in real time?