Golden Axe is a classic beat n up for Sega 16 bits, using medieval / fantasy theme. I love this game! This movie is more faster than published version of CheeryMay: (Me) 08:30:48 x 11:09:86 (CherryMay)
Features:
  • Frame Perfect Movie (using frame a frame key advance to exact moment to action!)
  • Takes no damage.
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Manipulate luck (in bonus stages).
  • Manipulate enemies (Inducing enemies into commiting suicide).
PLEASE VOTE IN MY OTHER MOVIES!
Forum/Topics/2985 Revenge of Shinobi TAS
Forum/Topics/2980 Shinobi III TAS

Truncated: Since this was well received and is a big improvement over a previous movie, I'm putting it on accepted for encoding. Good work.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #990: Neofix's Genesis Golden Axe in 08:30.48
Golden Axe...wow that brings me back. I remember playing this game on my brother's Sega Genesis, cursing those baddies who stood in my way to the depths of golden hell. And you come along like some sort of twisted therapist and encourage them to commit suicide! Well done. I'd vote yes if I could.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Haha watching the enemies bungee jump into the pits was nice. I never played this game, but it looked well done to me. Sucks that the music completely cuts out everytime someone dies, though.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (79)
this game looks like a bad remake of double dragon. there was one part near the end where the music got good, but it was over soon. anyway, yes.
Former player
Well made movie, voting yes.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
very interesting, but two things bug me: - wasn't it possible to hit two enemies at once on level 1? - why didn't you use the downwards sword thrust in level 1? Anyway, the 2:40 improvement is more than welcome, congrats. in portuguese: muito interessante mas duas coisas me incomodam: - será que era possível acertar dois inimigos com 1 golpe só na fase 1? - não dava pra usar o golpe da espadada pra baixo na fase 1 també? porque você só começou a usar isso depois? De qualquer forma, 2:40 é coisa pra caramba, parabéns.
Player (61)
in english: 1- Yes it is possible to hit 2 enemies at the same time in the level 1. But for that is necessary positions-them joined, what is going to lose a long time. 2- The strike of the "downwards sword thrust" alone is used in groups of enemies more strong, does not do difference uses-her in the level 1, of that no is possible sets right-them in the corner of the screen, and positions-them joined would do me lose time too. in portuguese: 1- Sim é possivel acertar 2 inimigos ao mesmo tempo na fase 1. Mas para isso é preciso posiciona-los juntos, o que faz perder muito tempo. 2- O golpe da "espada para baixo" só é usado em grupos de inimigos mais fortes, não faz diferença usa-la na fase 1, alem disso não é possivel acerta-los no canto da tela, e posiciona-los juntos me faria perder tempo tambêm.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Yes 1 up. Looks well played, a whole lot better than the previous version.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Thanks for clarifications, yes vote. I don't understand how was the old one published, 2 minutes and 40 seconds is a lot of lost time.
He used the amazon, he rode all animals, he knocked a midget off the bridge, he made enemies commit suicide by jumping off of high places, and he breathed fire at the children. There is no part of this movie I didn't like.
Olha, um brasileiro :D Nice one, never played this one also (I've played the GA3, but just the 1st stage), but it looks very nice. [ ]'s
Active player (253)
He made this in four days and shaved off over two minutes? Damn, this guy's on fire. The only problem I have with it is you didn't attack the villagers. That's the best part of the game, man! Anyway, this should be a no-brainer publish.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Player (61)
Attack the villagers? Does not it give for do that! Tanks for the replys. :P
Player (61)
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Aw man, I've played this game SO many dozens of times over the years haha what a classic. You played this so WELL! You used a lot of really cool looking tricks above and beyond making guys fall off of cliffs out of their own free will And 2:40 improvement? ohhhbaby, definite yes vote. Awesome work!
Definitely a yes Vote... I was thinking that last one is perfect... but you proved, that improvements can be possible always.... i hope it will become a star movie.
Radz.
Very good, voting yes. I loved the part where the 2 enemies at start of 2nd stage jump off the cliff. "I'm gonna jumptackle her!" *Runs* *Jumps* "Oh $#!%, she dodged! Aieeeee!" :D
Player (70)
Wow! Great movie mate! A clear yes-vote. Hehe. Awesome style and strategy.
This was very nice... what an improvement. I vote yes.
Awesome job. I loved this game in the arcade. The bad guys were always pretty easy to convince to fall of ledges, but I'm still surprised that there were 2.5 minutes to save in the old run. Easy Yes vote. But, um, isn't it against the rules to solicit votes for your own movies? Should those links really be there?
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Active player (277)
Just make sure to take the links out if their movies get published...
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Senior Moderator
Hahaha what a delight! Now this becomes one of my all-time favourite, I almost laughed my guts out as I watched all this guys falling off the edges again and again, every time in different fashion! :D Not to mention beautiful ass-kicking on bonus levels and whatnot. As a big fan of GA series, I give this a huge YES. Care to do Golden Axe III? ;)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (253)
Of course, that'll be after Golden Axe II.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Senior Moderator
HOW CAN YOU DECIDE FOR OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?!!?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (253)
Persuasion.