Ok.. quick rundown of the game. Here is a hard to find, Japanese game that plays similarly to those Castlevania games that so many others love. It even uses the whole medieval motif, though magic spells are far more prominent. There are 6 hard stages, but i could not find a Glitch at all :(. Still, it is entertaining to watch.
I would like to thank nesrocks, he helped alot in the making of this video.
Enjoy.

Phil It's well played. I am encoding it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #997: Vatchern's NES Holy Diver in 16:28.90
Tub
hmm.. I'm not a big fan of the early castlevania-games, but this movie kept me watching. It had some interesting parts. Those "puzzles" with freezing stuff were a bit annoying.. some of the graphical effects seemed just wrong, either emulator troubles or developers on drugs.. and the movie lacked interesting glitches or other surprising moments.. there were lagging parts, looks bad.. but that probably can't be helped. Still enough for a yes-vote on entertainment. About speed.. It looked sloppy at times, but that doesn't mean it is - I don't know enough of the game to tell. From reading your thread you apparently spent enough time optimizing, so I'll have to trust you here :p one question though: why did you kill the first boss with the double-shot, and others with the default shot? Where's the difference between those bosses that makes different weapons faster?
m00
Former player
love old school CV game play. and this looks extremely smooth... rarely do you even pause; and close calls abound. the graphics do have some WTF moments, and i have no idea what happened to the last boss. questions! 1-at around 10900 in, why dont you just take damage from the enemy instead of waiting a second? would the health loss have been so great? 2-at around 24000, was there any way to eliminate that lag from the statue head firing at you?
Player (223)
Wow, this game actually had an ending. A whole lot of graphical bugs... Kinda annoying. Anyways, the movie looks great. Voted yes.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Player (84)
Tub: I use Double shot there because the enemy has a invulonerable state, meaning i cant rapid fire him to death. also, doubleshot shoots the length of the screen, so i can hit him anywhere. /*-: at 10900, if i take a hit i get sent backwards. then will will just run into him again, and get sent backwards again. at 24000, I couldn't get the lag to stop.. the only way was killing him.. wasting some time in the process.
Player (223)
The direction you get bashed by an enemy - is it the opposite where our hero is facing or is about where the enemy is facing?
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Experienced player (538)
Haha.. i played this game yesternight and i wasn't able to play even 10 minutes and i got gameover..
Player (84)
Bablo: the position of the enemy. if it is left of you, it will bounce you right. and vice versa.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
I have a question, on the last level was it really needed to destroy all stone heads? couldn't you skip some? This movie looks faster than the wips i had watched. Oh another question, on the last level, aren't there two routes? you take the long one which has magic bonuses, i think there is a shorter route? at the first part where you fall a pit, you could enter a passage to the left i think. Did you experiment with that?
Player (84)
to go that way, i need to kill one of those statues that take a LONG time to kill. those statues appear at the bottem, and i need to obtain the dragon addon to get there. i am sure this is slower.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
what about the stone heads at the second to last part? coudn't you skip some of them?
Player (84)
I dont think so..Pretty sure you need to kill them.
Around 37000 there are two pools of lava, you jump into the first but use blizzard on the second one. Why?
Shit. Did I just vote no? If I did, I meant yes. A good movie, all around.
Editor, Active player (296)
Dromiceius wrote:
Did I just vote no?
Nope, you didn't.
Player (84)
Nope. I have to wait for for the red dragon to jump, so as long as i can get there fast as possible, i can jump on the lava. For the second one, using blizzard i need, because i cant make the jump from the lava.
Former player
Neat stuff, looks like Irem's always been into using ridiculous amounts of English even in their Japan-only games. Hell, even the stage names are in romanji even if they're in Japanese. Would've been one easy game to translate, assuming they would've even bothered doing it. Anyways, yes.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I wondered why in the second level, you use blizzard to freeze the lava, but later in the level, you jump into a large lava pit, get hit, and jump out of it, which seems faster than the freezing/unfreezing effect of the blizzard spell. Sorry to bring back this topic....I know you like short submission texts, but this game may have benefitted from a bit more explanation about a few of your strategies. :\
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (24)
Voted yes. Game looks slow, but looks played great.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Jumping out of the lava makes nothing but a small hop. Note that he has to freeze the lava sometimes because the small hop wouldn't be enough to reach the ledge.
Editor, Player (67)
As someone else said, there was lag in some places when a bunch of enemies or projectiles were on-screen. However, I think you did a really good job of going through the game quickly and taking damage to save time in certain places. What happened with the final boss? Did it resurrect after you turned into a dragon, or turn into a second form, or what? EDIT: Oh, yeah, I voted yes.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Player (84)
The final boss has a second form. and Thanks :)
Active player (432)
I give this a clear Yes vote. Never heard of this game but since its been done by my friend, I obviously had to watch it :) I really laughed when the character moved forward knowing how silly he looks holding his both hands up. Never expected that you could get transformed into a Dragon... Some spots looks pretty slow but Im sure the author checked everything. Thumbs up!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
It impressed me enough to start encoding it in case it gets published. And if you didn't get it, I voted yes. ;)
Which run should I encode next? :)
Player (84)