Rush'n Attack improved by 233 frames. It obsoletes a Famtasia movie.
Usually, when a character lands after falling, he pauses for 1 frame. I discovered that if a character attacks 15 frames before hitting the ground, he will continue to run when he lands. There are also some tactical improvements, and lag has been reduced.
Notes:
If a character touches a ladder, he automatically grabs it. 'Regular' enemies are part of boss battles (most obvious on stage 4). On stage 5, it is faster to climb the ladder at the beginning part, because of a screen-scrolling problem. On stage 6, it is faster to climb the ladder than to die on the mine.
  • Stage 1 — 22 frames faster
  • Stage 2 — 26 frames faster
  • Stage 3 — 28 frames faster
  • Stage 4 — 41 frames faster
  • Stage 5 — 63 frames faster
  • Stage 6 — 53 frames faster
  • Overall — 233 frames faster
Basic info:
  • Aims for fastest time
  • One player controls two characters
  • Genre: Action
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses programming errors

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1000: Arc's NES Rush'n Attack in 09:37.27
Former player
Yay! Submission number 1000!
Is it necessary to kill the enemies that come from the sides during a boss fight the frame they appear? That makes the boss fights rather uninteresting.
Player (79)
Rush 'n Kiss is more like it. Anyway, congrats on being #1000.
Player (70)
Gotta watch this! 1000 submissions! AWESOME!!
Senior Moderator
Ahh… Rush'n Attack, I remember that retarded game — surprisingly, it was one of my NES favourites in the early 90's. I think it's because I am rather susceptible to video game music (and was even more susceptible back then), and this one manages to have rather listenable soundtrack, which is kinda rare for a 8-bit game. And the end scene is an idiocy at its best. :D The movie's good, voting yes. What a delightful memory came up with the 1000's submission, ehehe. :)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
I was wondering why you say the game is idiotic and everything, then i see you are from Russia :P oh well puns aside, the game is good. Haven't watched the run, but i'm sure it's good
Hoe
Rather creative how it apeared the characters were kissing at the end of each stage :P Rather well played, a definate yes.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
hah... so they kiss? i had to watch it.. hahaha i couldn't prevent laughing everytime they kissed! the dynamic duo strikes the army, that was funny. oh and well done movie too, i can barely see you hitting the enemies behind you.
I'm not familiar with this game, but the movie still succeeds in being entertaining, and it obsoletes a Famtasia movie; therefore, it would be a clear yes vote from me if I were capable of doing so. The only questions I would have about it were answered in the submission text.
Former player
Voting YES. Very nice run of this hard game and like many others have said: It obsoletes Famtasia movie. And the kissing thingy is cute :)
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
After vanquishing the enemy, embrace your fellow soldier with the love only two palette-swapped men can feel after winning for their country. This will give you and your buddy a sense of accomplishment and belonging. Thanks, ranking officer! Now we know! And knowing's half the battle! *smooch*
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
I'm all in for obsoleting Famtasia-movies and this is a notable improvement so easy yes. This game indeed has one of the better NES soundtracks I've heard.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Is it my imagination, or was red guy trying to SODOMIZE blue guy near the end of level 1? It cracked me up, and I'm still laughing. Yes vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [499] NES Rush'n Attack "2 players" by Arc in 09:37.27
Player (70)
Awesome movie! :D Some place though it looks like you could improve. Like why are you climbing ladders with the guy running in front? Don't you loose time by doing that.
nice work on Commie Combat.........I mean Russian Attack..........I mean Rush 'N' Attack :) it's amazing to see these videos that have 1 person controlling both characters! Also, it's obvious that whatever branch these guys were in, they never recieved the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" memo.
Player (94)
FODA wrote:
hah... so they kiss? i had to watch it.. hahaha i couldn't prevent laughing everytime they kissed! the dynamic duo strikes the army, that was funny. oh and well done movie too, i can barely see you hitting the enemies behind you.
They're rather dashing gay blades, aren't they? Oh, and Arc, great movie!
1000 submissions and 500 published movies. Great job all around!
This signature is much better than its previous version.
Senior Moderator
FODA wrote:
I was wondering why you say the game is idiotic and everything, then i see you are from Russia
The game's utterly retarded no matter what country I'm from. ;) Just look at the end scene! It almost made me cry. :D
JXQ wrote:
Thanks, ranking officer! Now we know! And knowing's half the battle!
GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!......
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.