• C:1+5=Oriental Avenue
  • H:3+3=St. James Place
  • H:1+1=Tennessee Avenue
  • H:1+3=Chance; New York Avenue
  • H:Purchase 11 houses starting with St. James Place
  • End Input
  • C:5+5=St. James Place
  • C:1+2=New York avenue
This is basically Acmlm’s strategy but with one minor change. Instead of sending the computer to visit jail, I determined that it saved several frames to send him to Oriental Avenue instead.

Luck Manipulation Frame Delays

• 5+8=13 frames to manipulate the chance/community chest cards.
  • 4+0=4 frames to manipulate the 1st roll of dice (Community Chest)
  • 3+0=3 frames to manipulate the 2nd roll of dice (Visit jail)
  • 0+3=3 frames to manipulate the 3rd roll of dice (Oriental Avenue)
  • 0+7=7 frames to manipulate the 4th roll of dice (St. James Place)
  • 0+7=7 frames to manipulate the 5th roll of dice (Tennessee Avenue)
  • 1+5=6 frames to manipulate the 6th roll of dice (Chance)
  • 4+6=10 frames to manipulate the computer player’s final turn
  • Total amount of frames delayed (53)
There are so many variables when it comes to manipulating luck that a human is most likely incapable of searching through them all. For every action you perform at any given time, it will affect the outcome of things hundreds of frames down the road.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1010: hero of the day's NES Monopoly in 00:30.30
Former player
HAHA! That's all I can say.
Active player (432)
Guybrush wrote:
HAHA! That's all I can say.
Yes thats very Innovative of you :) I bet my money on that Hero's submission will be the last one for this game.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Active player (253)
No point in voting, since this'll probably be obsoleted before the day is over.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Banned User, Former player
atro city wrote:
No point in voting, since this'll probably be obsoleted before the day is over.
If you hate the monopoly wars, why are you even checking these threads? Just ignore them.
Perma-banned
Active player (410)
So, you are 49 frames faster. Not bad. And how buying Oriental avenue can be faster? I guess luck manipulation but isn't animation for buying it loses your time?
Active player (253)
Because unlike some people, I actually check the Workbench for submissions that will actually get published and don't appreciate it when it gets clogged with multiple submissions for the same game. Especially when you could just as easily continue this war thing in a NES Monopoly thread.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
atro city wrote:
Because unlike some people, I actually check the Workbench for submissions that will actually get published and don't appreciate it when it gets clogged with multiple submissions for the same game. Especially when you could just as easily continue this war thing in a NES Monopoly thread.
This is nothing more than obsoleting any currently published movie. The only difference is that this is happening at a greater speed. Hell, the WB isn't even getting that clogged, as the threads are moved out of here when canceled.
Perma-banned
Active player (253)
Give me one good reason why this should be in the Workbench and not in a NES Monopoly thread.
Player (88)
Phil, since the token moves only 6 spaces instead of 10 the animation sequence is slightly shorter.
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Former player
atro city wrote:
Give me one good reason why this should be in the Workbench and not in a NES Monopoly thread.
This is a normal submission that is faster than the old one, why shouldn't it be here?
atro city wrote:
This is a perfectly valid submission that fits with all of the rules of the Nesvideos site. There is no reason that this should not be here.
Perma-banned
Active player (253)
Because we all know it's going to be obsoleted very soon. So all it does is waste space when you could just post all the faster times on a forum thread until you get a time that no one can beat.
atro city wrote:
Because we all know it's going to be obsoleted very soon. So all it does is waste space when you could just post all the faster times on a forum thread until you get a time that no one can beat.
Good. Next time you make a submission, post it somewhere else and leave it out of the workbench until you've squeezed all the frames out of it. Hell, let's do wthat with all of the submissions too. No more of these pesky movies that can be obsoleted in the WB, move them all until they're frame-perfect!
Perma-banned
Former player
Xkeeper wrote:
atro city wrote:
Good. Next time you make a submission, post it somewhere else and leave it out of the workbench until you've squeezed all the frames out of it. Hell, let's do wthat with all of the submissions too. No more of these pesky movies that can be obsoleted in the WB, move them all until they're frame-perfect!
I'll second that.
Player (88)
why do you think this will be obsoleted? Theoretically is can only be improved by 53 frames, and thats with 100% perfect luck (which is impossible). If it gets beaten, I will cancel it like last time. There is no need to get mad about any of this.
Active player (253)
Now you're just playing devil's advocate. You know damn well as I do that this game can be done in less than a day compared to others which take months and sometimes years to do, so it's not out of the question to ask that all these faster times be posted in a neatly-organized thread instead of being scattered all over the Workbench.
Okay then, revision. Any game that takes less than 24 hours to improve is hereby banned from the Workbench and must be posted in the forum until you have a frame perfect movie. (however, delaying it by 0.00000001 seconds so it takes 24:00:00.000..001 to improve is perfectly valid) hotd: we didn't think it could be improved the previous few times, either... yet we keep getting proved wrong.
Perma-banned
Active player (253)
Yet again you misunderstand me. I don't want to see this made into an enforcable rule. That would be stupid. I would however like to see this be accepted as an ethical standard, like correct grammar and punctuation in submission text.
atro city wrote:
Yet again you misunderstand me. I don't want to see this made into an enforcable rule. That would be stupid. I would however like to see this be accepted as an ethical standard, like correct grammar and punctuation in submission text.
I AM MAKING FUN OF YOU AND YOUR SILLY ARGUMENTS!*@% (suprise)
Perma-banned
Active player (253)
Like I give a damn.
atro city wrote:
Like I give a damn.
You obviously do, given how you keep responding.
Perma-banned
Post subject: Oriental costs money, right?
If the computer player is buying Oriental, does that decrease their cash-on-hand enough that you can decrease the number of houses you buy? Or do they mortgage it to pay their debt, so it doesn't help?
Active player (410)
hero of the day wrote:
Phil, since the token moves only 6 spaces instead of 10 the animation sequence is slightly shorter.
Yes, true. I didn't thought of it myself because what you did makes the AVI longer but since the rule for Monopoly is to stop your movie as soon as possible, you did the best choice.
Player (88)
The computer player would mortgage the property, but he would only get $50 for it. One less house is $200 less charged to the computer player when he lands on it. 11 houses is the therefore the minimum