Submission Text Full Submission Page
  1. FCE Ultra 0.98.12
  2. Manipulate luck
  3. Still teasing Bluto, and skulls : P
  4. Abuses programming errors in the game. I'm sure you'll find bugs
  5. Fast as possible
  6. Smashing skulls and bottles for fun
  7. Playing on the hardest level
  8. Using the special items! Like the trap on level 1. And the seesaw on level 2
older runs on this game: #1025: Diman's NES Popeye in 03:31.32 and this one made with famtasia #701: Diman, KameZa's NES Popeye in 03:36.90
Yo! This is the last popeye-submission from me at least. I have changed some stuff.
Now I'm still teasing Bluto and for a change I'm also playing around with skulls and
I'm using more glithes then before. Anyway it's almost the same, and I hope people like this movie more than the previous run.
Have fun!

adelikat Rejecting. My reasons are posted in detail in the forum.
Noxxa: Judging in consideration of the vault tier.
Noxxa: Accepting for the vault.

adelikat: Setting to delayed pending an in progress improvement

adelikat: This movie has been improved, setting back to rejected status

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1031: Diman's NES Popeye in 03:30.60
Player (84)
This is better then the last submission. more fun to watch :D. Voted yes.
Well, I think it is better than the last version. The first level entertained me. The second was averange. The third was static, slow and without a lot of variety. Voting Meh, at least it is not a total disaster. I guess that if you spend days or weeks hacking away at this game you might produce something quite nice, but I think that this is not a very good game for the purpose of TASing. Of course, I may be wrong.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I don't understand why you made another verison when most people seemed to think that this game was a bad choice for TAS the last time. But I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it. >I'm using more glithes then before-all glitches invented by my self (I'm a genius)! And humble, too.
Former player
There wasn't still anything impressive in this run. This game isn't suited for TASing. Voting no.
Couldn't you have manipulated the last heart in stage 1 to get close to one of the upper platforms to grab it earlier? And couldn't you use the lower levels in stage 3 a bit more?
Player (57)
Truncated wrote:
And humble, too.
Hope you didn't took that seriously or personal what I wrote there. That was only a infantile thing I wrote for fun. Besides- I think I am a little smart who discovered a few glitches by myself and I know that some people out there don't care about that, but that was only something I wanted to be be visible.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Heh, I played a version of this for Intellivision a LOT when I was younger. That glitch where you float in the air on stage 3 was cool, yeah, but then again you stay in the top tier of stage 3 the entire time! And yet, going anywhere else really wouldn't have done you any good, either. Nothing much else to say but nice try, but you picked a less-than-interesting game to run. Find another game and good luck with it.
Player (57)
Hmm..Wonder if I should change the word "last" in my submission-text, and make another run of this movie. Where I'm going to do as KDR_11k want and manipulate the last heart in stage 1 to get close to one of the upper platforms to grab it earlier. Don't know if I want to do another TAS of this game. But I can try that out sometime, to see if it's possible. I like when people give me advices!
Editor, Active player (296)
For the record, the votes of the previous submission of this game were: No: 6 Yes: 7 Meh: 2
Player (57)
Cool. I'm not going to cancel this movie. I want to see where this movie is going. If it gets published, then maybe I'll improve that movie (If I can improve it further). If it's not getting published, then I think I'm going to stop making Popeye powerplays.
Player (57)
Truncated wrote:
I don't understand why you made another verison when most people seemed to think that this game was a bad choice for TAS the last time.
Because it was people who liked it also, and some people did agree with Baxter "getting a time like this is also possible on a real console." So I wanted to make the TAS more impressive. [Edit by Bisqwit: Used quote instead of color, removed extravagant markup]
Player (84)
Well look at it this way. 3 said yes, and 1 said no. so far you are doing great.
Former player
Diman, please check the "minor edit" box when you edit your posts like this ;)
Player (57)
Ok I will do that. I didn't get the text how i wanted it therefore I did some changes. = )
Active player (410)
Diman: If you want to do
Truncated wrote:
I don't understand why you made another verison when most people seemed to think that this game was a bad choice for TAS the last time. But I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it.
, you must use the quote button from upper right of that guy text box or [%quote="Truncated"] I don't understand why you made another verison when most people seemed to think that this game was a bad choice for TAS the last time. But I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it. [%/quote]" . P.S. % must be excluded. Also, there's a preview button next to submit button that let you view what will be posted as if you had used the submit button.
Player (57)
I've seen that a lot of people think this is a boring game and comments like these, but how do you suppose to know which game is the most suitable if you don't try it? I think this game is enough good for TASing
Active player (410)
Ok next time, you can use edit button to edit previous posts. ;) Everyone must start somewhere. That's normal.
Player (57)
Thanks Phil for your advice! D*mn! This is embarassing! When I can't make a quote text! Going to use the preview button from now on always!
Active player (410)
I've just watched it and it wasn't bad. Though, I think it can probably be more interesting by playing with death often. I've also noticed that woman throwing boneheads can be manipulated to throw them more often.
Player (57)
And thank you too Bisqwit for fixing the annoying text! I think I know how you do now, when you want a quote text but that was tricky! Colours ain't no problem but that seemed to be possible
A wise next stop would be to try not to double post. Try clicking submit just once and waiting for a while after you do so... Good luck.
Player (57)
Yeah I know that. It wasn't my intention to doublepost it.
Active player (410)
Next time it happens, there's an erase button.
Player (57)
Yeah, okey. I'm thinking I'm learning more about all the functions now. Don't want any trouble.