Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Played on "Hard"-difficulty
  • Played on Gens Movie Version 9d
This is the ultimate experience for every Disney lover. You will have a hard time finding a game quite as lovely to the detail created as this one, featuring marvellous graphics, music and smooth gameplay. The only bad thing with the game is that there's just not much extent to it, it's perfectly linear and very short, but that's just good for a TAS ;) You guide Mickey Mouse through the greatest of his adventures.
It's an improvement of about half a minute, although the movie file is longer, this is due to that I ended the movie this time just when I pressed enough buttons that the movie can really scroll to it's very end without any input anymore.
Improvements were made through better optimization of where to get stars (health) and where to get hurt, improved smoothness, faster boss fights, and doing some things in a better way than the previous movie.
There are some seemingly missed shots, these are either to prevent falling delay when you fall from high, or to get Mickey in a right animation that I jump on an enemy just the right position that I hit him or prevent damage, or to dodge things that could hurt me.
I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I do :)
Note for the encoder, if this should get published: The game immediatly automatically resets after the credits are scrolled through. The best moment to end the movie would be at 23:16.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1038: Zer0's Genesis Mickey Mania in 21:11.20
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Well, that's another movie off my list of planned projects then. Questions: First boss, could it be faster to destroy the gears to the left first to get less walking distance afterwards? Or is the waiting time the same regardless? The autoscroller in Mad Doctor level, I think you can jump off the cart differently to keep your speed and end the level sooner. 3:04; can you jump down the hole to turn right sooner? (you do it later around 3:16) 4:30; can you start walking so you don't hit the wall before it disappears? Beanstalk Mickey: do you need the flower to grow all the way up? 10:38; jump so you hit the leaf earlier. (Perhaps the time gained is lost on the mosquitos.) 11:27; jump down the hole. 11:43; doesn't look like you hit the seed as early as possible (but I could be wrong). 12:00; i doubt that it's faster to jump from the beetle than to jump up directly. 13:13 somewhere; why did you stand on the book to lower it if you were going to bounce off the enemy anyway? Why not bounce directly? All in all it looks like a good improvement.
Player (80)
In the ghost levels, would it be possible to either continue jumping up the staircases after they collapse, or to ascend them after they collapse to avoid the wait while you slide down?
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Former player
First boss, could it be faster to destroy the gears to the left first to get less walking distance afterwards? Or is the waiting time the same regardless?
Hm I checked, is indeed much faster.
The autoscroller in Mad Doctor level, I think you can jump off the cart differently to keep your speed and end the level sooner.
Nope, I just tried different ways to end it, everytime exactly the same.
3:04; can you jump down the hole to turn right sooner? (you do it later around 3:16)
Could save 2-3 frames, yes
4:30; can you start walking so you don't hit the wall before it disappears?
I guess so. No time gained, but it'd be a minor optical improvement.
Beanstalk Mickey: do you need the flower to grow all the way up?
I think I let it grow.
10:38; jump so you hit the leaf earlier. (Perhaps the time gained is lost on the mosquitos.)
Some minor improvement is probably possible, about 5 frames I guess.
11:27; jump down the hole.
Right, that saves a few frames.
11:43; doesn't look like you hit the seed as early as possible (but I could be wrong).
I think it is. The collision-checkboxes of the seeds are pretty big.
12:00; i doubt that it's faster to jump from the beetle than to jump up directly.
Right.
13:13 somewhere; why did you stand on the book to lower it if you were going to bounce off the enemy anyway? Why not bounce directly?
The collisionboxes change with every animation, I had to wait for him to be just in the right frame.
In the ghost levels, would it be possible to either continue jumping up the staircases after they collapse, or to ascend them after they collapse to avoid the wait while you slide down?
Nope, no way to prevent from sliding down. I'll cancel it for now, will try to hex-edit the above mentioned stuff in.
Former player
Truncated and other interested parties in this game here: If you want you can take my movie as a base and hex-edit where you think there could be time shaved off, just write my name in addition if you submit and it's fine. I currently totally lack time to do anything.