It's Punch-out!! time again!!
I stumbled on an improved strategy for the Soda Popinski fight (from 47.00 to 45.25), so I decided to make a new version of this game. In the process I managed a faster time for Don II. All in all I also managed to shave off 80 frames.
Like my previous run this does not use the "cs glitch" and aims for the lowest in-game clock time and the #1 priority. As a secondary goal, it aims for the fastest real time when it does not conflict with goal #1.
(Note: the game clock pauses when ever you deliver an uppercut or a stunned punch, therefore a lowest clock-time strategy not only strives for fastest punches but also tries to maximize the amount of time the clock is stopped, therefore the fastest strategy isn't always the fastest in real time).
Here are the final times:
  • Glass Joe: 0:42.00
  • Von Kaiser: 0:35.95
  • Piston Honda (I): 0:40.25
  • Don Flamenco (I): 0:14.97
  • King Hippo: 0:37.25
  • Great Tiger: 0:40.48
  • Bald Bull (I): 0:57.82
  • Piston Honda (I): 0:50.25
  • Soda Popinski: 0:45.25 (was 47.00)
  • Bald Bull (II): 1:08.97
  • Don Flamenco (II): 58.61 (was 58.99)
  • Mr. Sandman: 2:19.00
  • Super Macho Man: 0:45.25
  • Mike Tyson: 1:58.xx
(Note: I picked up recording from my last no cs run on the soda fight. So while I consider this v4, the file says v2)

Truncated: Accepted for improving a published movie.
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1046: adelikat's NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! in 17:50.53
Former player
Good job adelikat. Can't say much about the run, it was entertaining and fast. YES vote!
Active player (432)
Congratulations Adelikat. I really never thought the previous run could be improved. Easy Yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
AngerFist wrote:
Congratulations Adelikat. I really never thought the previous run could be improved. Easy Yes vote.
neither did I. I literally stumbled on a new technique that I wouldn't normally have thought of.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Player (70)
Will watch this later. Sounds awesome!
Player (84)
this is the first MTPO tas ive seen. Much better than I expected. there was some "wtf" moments. which makes this good. I also liked the Sandman death. Besides, its the In-Game clock time that matters, not the fcm time. :). Total and easy Yes.
adelikat
He/Him
Vatchern wrote:
its the In-Game clock time that matters, not the fcm time. :).
YES YES
My vote: YES YES
Player (70)
Watched, liked it, YES! :D Used PRG0 to watch and it worked fine.
adelikat
He/Him
Highness wrote:
Used PRG0 to watch and it worked fine.
good to know. if I remember correctly the only difference between the two is sprite related.
Player (84)
I watched this again and i was still impressed. I vote that this get a Star, because the game is not once boring, and this movie shows inhuman reflexes and skills.
adelikat
He/Him
Well, I tend to agree that this is a star movie too. I don't think that non-MTPO fans would agree though :( The problem is the suprising lack of MTPO fans around here!
Player (87)
Looks great. I do have one question though. In your fight with Great Tiger, you save two star punches from the first time you knock him down, and then uppercut him twice in a row as soon as he gets up. My question is, couldn't you have done the same thing in the first Piston Honda fight? I could be wrong, of course, but it seemed to work on him once... why not twice?
print reduce(lambda x,p:p/2*x/p+2*10**1000,range(6643,1,-2))
adelikat
He/Him
the first honda fight? he doesn't get up on 1 the 2nd time so that is not an option
Why does your HP fall when you fight Don Flamingo II?
adelikat
He/Him
it allows me to get don2 to get back up with less energy after the 2nd knockdown.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>Why does your HP fall when you fight Don Flamingo II? adelikat stated the reason already. If you're wondering about how it's done, you hold select (or was it start) as a round starts. If you have full life, you lose life, if you have less than full life you gain life. It can only be done once every match.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [544] NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! by adelikat in 17:50.53
Former player
An american dwarf speed-beating-up a series of gigantic foreign stereotypes? I like it! ;-)
do not forget to *ENJOY THE SAUCE*
Uh, I believe that the mod to make the zipping lines in Mega Man 1 look solid is interfering with this game, making a line flicker across the screen every once in a while.
Huffers wrote:
An american dwarf speed-beating-up a series of gigantic foreign stereotypes? I like it! ;-)
Whatever, Don Flamenco is a deep, developed character. Full of layers.
What's a man like me supposed to do with all this extra savoir-faire?
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
CoolBumpty wrote:
Uh, I believe that the mod to make the zipping lines in Mega Man 1 look solid is interfering with this game, making a line flicker across the screen every once in a while.
Glad to know I'm not going insane and seeing Megaman 1 images attack my video screen from time to time.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Post subject: Takes no damage?
Excellent work on this run. Now, dumb question: Forgive my ignorance, but shouldn't the Mr. Sandman fight disqualify this for having a "Takes no damage" tag?
Former player
Sounds about right.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Slight typo: Great tiger is 47 seconds, not 40