Post subject: Return of Double Dragon (or Super Double Dragon)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
So my guessing was correct, this game limits the speed with a simple code. I located the memory address that does this and could force it to never limit the speed. So the game plays freely at the max speed the SNES can do, at any given moment, so the speed varies depending on amount of enemies etc. My guess is they programmed the game like this then limited the speed to the lowest value they found while playing, so it would be consistent. I don't know if this game would be interesting at all to see played normally, that's why i'd like to see a TAS of the japanese one (Return of Double Dragon) played on hard, 2 players (either mode A or B is fine), and using this speed cheat. I don't know how to convert it to a gamegenie code, but the memory address is this one: "7E0018" and the value must stay as "00" hum.. i guess the "pro action replay" code for this would be just "7E001800" zsnes also gives this "PV" which i don't know what is, but is showing "01" The japanese game is more complete, you can choose hard mode, and the game has one more level. But it would be faster than super double dragon because even on hard mode, the enemies have less health.
Former player
I'd honestly be down on seeing a run of it too. That game is extremely difficult and took me forever while using cheats to beat the game. @_@ Run of this is yes! I'm dying to see this now. n_n
I'd second a run of this game. A well-built, difficult game of non-stop action getting absolutely demolished? Yes please.
Active player (410)
Are you serious guys? Personally, I think it is an easy but excellent game. I think I can beat FODA's total time but it has been long time I haven't played it. Imo, the american or european version are harder.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Phil wrote:
Are you serious guys? Personally, I think it is an easy but excellent game. I think I can beat FODA's total time but it has been long time I haven't played it. Imo, the american or european version are harder.
yea, the game is very easy. and yes, the american version is harder than the japanese version, but just because the enemies have more health. that's why i think a run of the japanese one is better, because it'll be shorter.